Bills 2011 captains announced

PromoTheRobot

Fred Jackson and George Wilson… zero surprises there. Those guys are virtually one and the same character.

Surprised about Kelsay being replaced by Andra Davis… though I know Davis is very respected by his teammates.

Here are last year's captains:

http://www.buffalobi...ad-16271d4669aa

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

I don't really care for the captains in the NFL thing. They serve no purpose in the actual game, there are 6 captains!, not one. Just seems kind of pointless to me.

It's just indicative of their place on the team and the respect they hold of their teammates.

I don't really care for the captains in the NFL thing. They serve no purpose in the actual game, there are 6 captains!, not one. Just seems kind of pointless to me.

It's just indicative of their place on the team and the respect they hold of their teammates.

Thanks, Stony. Was gonna say the same thing.

To add my 2 cents, the significance is that it gives the outside world a glimpse of how the guys in the locker room view things.

Just think, 1 out of every 9 bills players is a captain. In other words they have 1 captain per every 9 players. Whereas the sabres have 1 captain out of 20 players

Sabres have two alternates though… correct?

If so, that's a ratio of 1:7.

Are you suggesting that being named one of 6 captains on a football team by your teammates is not significant?

If so, I disagree with you.

Sabres have two alternates though… correct?

If so, that's a ratio of 1:7.

Are you suggesting that being named one of 6 captains on a football team by your teammates is not significant?

If so, I disagree with you.

No. Just making it clear for people who didn't know. Also, the Bills don't have any alternates do they? Are all 6 captains equal?

#Bills Captains: QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, RB Fred Jackson, NT Kyle Williams, LB Andra Davis, P Brian Moorman, S George Wilson.

PTR

I wonder if Lindell feels he was snubbed for the special teams captain.

Although I don't remember Lindell throwing a TD pass on a fake field goal.