EDIT: The Weiner seat goes to GOP

But no matter who wins, I hope they use some Lysol on it. :sick:

For a Brooklyn/Queens district, this is a shocker. And perhaps only a harbinger for what Democrats can expect for 2012. You can chalk up some percentage of this to Weiner's conduct, but really, how much does that explain for perhaps the most urban of urban (read: Democrat) districts?

Link

Edited by UConn James

But no matter who wins, I hope they use some Lysol on it. :sick:

For a Brooklyn/Queens district, this is a shocker. And perhaps only a harbinger for what Democrats can expect for 2012. You can chalk up some percentage of this to Weiner's conduct, but really, how much does that explain for perhaps the most urban of urban (read: Democrat) districts?

Link

Never underestimate the public backlash against politicians, no matter what their party affiliation is- personal conduct kills.

Never underestimate the public backlash against politicians, no matter what their party affiliation is- personal conduct kills.

If you think this is just about Weiner you're sadly mistaken. This is mostly a referendum on Obama and the economic shape this country is in. At this point in time all the GOP has to do to win the vast majority of elections is to field a good candidate that is fiscally conservative.

If you think this is just about Weiner you're sadly mistaken. This is mostly a referendum on Obama and the economic shape this country is in. At this point in time all the GOP has to do to win the vast majority of elections is to field a good candidate that is fiscally conservative.

No, I'm not mistaken. People will not accept this type of conduct and will express their displeasure come election time. All of this talk is mere spin to try and come to a conclusion that cannot be reached due to his conduct.

If Chuck Schumer was ousted, then yes, I'd buy it.

Edited by BmoreBills

No, I'm not mistaken. People will not accept this type of conduct and will express their displeasure come election time. All of this talk is mere spin to try and come to a conclusion that cannot be reached due to his conduct.

If Chuck Schumer was ousted, then yes, I'd buy it.

Is Weiner running? Of course people don't want to accept misconduct. The Dem started out ahead in the polls and he is now behind. Did Weiner do something more since then? Did the Dem? The economy has gotten worse and Obama is rightfully taking more and more of the blame. The poll results reflect the mood of the people in that district.

Edited by 3rdnlng

Is Weiner running? Of course people don't want to accept misconduct. The Dem started out ahead in the polls and he is now behind. Did Weiner do something more since then? Did the Dem? The economy has gotten worse and Obama is rightfully taking more and more of the blame. The poll results reflect the mood of the people in that district.

Point taken, sir.

Point taken, sir.

You're a gentleman and a scholar for agreeing with me. Keep it up. :rolleyes:

You mentioned in the Shoutbox about idiots scoring when they should just go down. Remember several years ago when we were ahead by 1 point and the running back broke free for like an 80 yard touchdown with under a minute to go? We could have kneeled the clock out and won but the idiot left them the chance to tie it up with a touchdown and 2 point conversion.

You're a gentleman and a scholar for agreeing with me. Keep it up. :rolleyes:

You mentioned in the Shoutbox about idiots scoring when they should just go down. Remember several years ago when we were ahead by 1 point and the running back broke free for like an 80 yard touchdown with under a minute to go? We could have kneeled the clock out and won but the idiot left them the chance to tie it up with a touchdown and 2 point conversion.

It happens far too often on teams with average and worse coaches... they should always, always, always emphasize key points in those situations.

You Fools!:devil: I know that part of the city quite well. I have worked extensively with a lot of Orthodox Jews from that area, and I can tell you in no uncertain terms:

This is about Obama's treatment of Israel. This is a direct refutation of his treatment of Netanyahu, his 1967 borders nonsense, basically everything he has said about Iran, how he treated the Saudis, all of it. This district is where you find Orthodox Jews. Try finding them anywhere else. They are like Waldo. Orthodox Jews...whose dream vacation is going to Israel...where they can get shot at.

So, while I agree that it may not be a referendum on Obama on the whole, or Democratic policies, or the party....

....you are lying to yourself if you think this is all about the candidate, and has nothing to do with Obama.

No excuses either. The DCCC threw $600k at this race in the last 2 weeks. They wanted to win this one. Mostly because, this now means they could lose 2-3 seats instead of one. They were going to lose this seat in redistricting, now, that activity will effect other seats, making some of them more Republican friendly...2 of them to the point where they can be lost/are now in swing status.

Weiner set it up to be sure, but Obama's boneheaded Israel policy knocked it down just as surely.

EDIT: Also, I find it interesting that they called it already. There are still a lot of votes out there...and as I write this, over 100 precincts still not reporting, with only a 3k lead.

EDIT#2: :o Now it's up to an 8 point win...OK, if it gets up to 10? I'd be more willing to consider that this is also about economics to a degree....but based on what I heard earlier today, it's 80% about Israel. We are talking about a District of life-long Democrats that voted for Obama by 11%, returning a 19 point swing so far....that's no small thing.

EDIT#3 Specifically, look at Brooklyn AP results here. These precincts are 2 to 1 against. These are your main Orthodox neighborhoods. The Queens precincts went mostly for the Democrat....but they cannot outweigh these Brooklyn Orthodox Districts. Obama may have a Jewish defection problem on his hands, that made the Bush pickups look like nothing. And for what? Talking. This is all about what he said, and nothing to do with actually doing something. He could have said the exact opposite of what he did, and lost nothing. What a maroon!

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I think that this election is being way overblown.

The seat will be eliminated next year (redistricting), so neither party brought in their "A-list" candidates.

In one year, it will all go away.

You're right, there's absolutely no panic among DNC about South Florida.

The seat will be eliminated next year (redistricting), so neither party brought in their "A-list" candidates.

Let me ask you this: Let's say the Bills are playing NE* in Foxboro. It's a preseason game, but due to some new rule that Goodell made up, both teams had to play first teamers the entire game as if the winner went to the playoffs and the loser goes home. Let's say you watch the Bills completely blow out the Pats* first teamers in a victory absolutely no one expected to see since the Bills had not beaten the Pats* at home since 1923.

Would you consider the results of that game way overblown because it was just a pre-season game?

It may be over-analyzed, but it won't be overblown. One man pinned his opponent to Obama, the other man pinned his opponent to the Tea Party. I can only hope that a WH dumb enough to think school spending next summer will increase jobs today will look at these results and convince themselves it's way overblown and really means nothing. That would be awesome.

Gee, where is Bishop Retard this morning to analyze this news to death? He sure was vocal last time a House seat in NYS switched parties in a special election.

Every special election result is always way overblown.

Let me ask you this: Let's say the Bills are playing NE* in Foxboro. It's a preseason game, but due to some new rule that Goodell made up, both teams had to play first teamers the entire game as if the winner went to the playoffs and the loser goes home. Let's say you watch the Bills completely blow out the Pats* first teamers in a victory absolutely no one expected to see since the Bills had not beaten the Pats* at home since 1923.

Would you consider the results of that game way overblown because it was just a pre-season game?

It may be over-analyzed, but it won't be overblown. One man pinned his opponent to Obama, the other man pinned his opponent to the Tea Party. I can only hope that a WH dumb enough to think school spending next summer will increase jobs today will look at these results and convince themselves it's way overblown and really means nothing. That would be awesome.

They don't seem to understand anything else.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-says-americans-reject-tea-party-ideas-143312532.html

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-09-14/obama-approval-drops-on-skepticism-of-jobs-plan.html

Edited by Gary M

This is the most troubling part for Obama

Sienna Poll

The same poll found just 43 percent of voters approving of Obama's job performance, while 54 percent said they disapproved. The president fared much worse among independents. Just 29 percent said they approved of his job performance, while 68 percent disapproved.

Democrats have held that seat since March 1923. I dont think its been overblown. Even if its for a year that electin was another beatdown, just like last years.

Clearly, you either aren't aware, or don't understand, the effect losing this seat has on redistricting. In addition to what I said above, it's now possible that this seat is retained...and the Democrats are forced to choose another seat to remove.

The results of this election will be felt by the NYS Democratic House delegation for the next 10 years.

So, maybe, in ten years, it will all go away.