Show me the Carfax...I mean...Obama's speech

Not really. Should be pretty quick.

I need to see all of the plan. Not part of it.

I don't mind rolling it out in pieces, because I do mind having to sit through 2 hours of mostly drivel, and a few meaningful things. I do that for work. I need to see the rest of it, and am unwilling to give anybody the benefit of the doubt. So far, I give the President an A for both the content, and the presentation. He didn't get too preachy, he acknowledged that there were ridiculous people on both sides, and he didn't act like he was above everybody. The ideas are aggressive...but again, show me the carfax.

We have heard most of this before, but not all of it, and I give Obama and his team credit for that.

On the Republican side, what do they have to lose by passing it? 14 months of higher taxes? So what? It's not like this plan saves Obama. Really. And, I doubt that he's going to get 100% credit even if it works. The only way he will, is if he can say he had to "fight" you to pass it, and can take credit for defeating you. If you just do it, or do it with small changes that he won't dare quibble with, then he's got nothing to say. If you do it, speed is the key though. Delay could also be spun into "fighting". Do it, and either way you win: if it does well, you can say it was partially due to you. If it does poorly, you can say you did exactly what he wanted and nothing happened, again. :D

Edited by OCinBuffalo