When Obama is done speaking, The Benbernank will start printing

/dev/null

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44441095

All Glory to The Benbernank :worthy:

"Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke reiterated the central bank's commitment to providing stimulus for the wobbly US economy but offered no specific promises or details about what action could be taken."

It's a structural problem. There is plenty of liquidity in the economy.

Ben had a little printing press and GPO was its name oh.

G, G, GPO;

G, G, GPO;

G, G, GPO and GPO was its name oh.

President BO's formula for success:

Step 1. Sell some debt - a few trillion or so

Step 2. Print some dollars - at least as much as in Step 1.

Step 3. Buy said same debt with said same dollars

Step 4. Prosperity!

See, it's really simple. We just need the government to fix things for us.

Maybe you should temporarily replace your avatar with The Benbernank. At least until QE 5 is over.

I don't get why they keep making cruise ships with all of our money. If the economy is so bad how can more and more and more people afford cruises every time? I would like to see the booking rates for all of these ships and if the government bought it I would think you could get a copy of that stuff under Freedom of Information.

"Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke reiterated the central bank's commitment to providing stimulus for the wobbly US economy but offered no specific promises or details about what action could be taken."

It's a structural problem. There is plenty of liquidity in the economy.

Yeah, how long have we heard this refrain that the "FED is printing money." If so, why hasn't the economy improved? Where did all of that money go?

On another note, two things mentioned by Obama that I hope congress passes: 1) cut the payroll tax for employers; 2) help homeowners refinance. The latter would have the biggest bang and would be a relatively cheap program to fund.

Yeah, how long have we heard this refrain that the "FED is printing money." If so, why hasn't the economy improved? Where did all of that money go?

On another note, two things mentioned by Obama that I hope congress passes: 1) cut the payroll tax for employers; 2) help homeowners refinance. The latter would have the biggest bang and would be a relatively cheap program to fund.

Though I do wonder where the rabbit will come out of from this supercommittee?

I thought for sure he would rescind the healthcare bill and lift that albatross of the necks of the companies.

I thought for sure he would rescind the healthcare bill and lift that albatross of the necks of the companies.

Of course! That is why this country is in the economic dumps... companies are losing money because they have to pay health care costs... no, wait, they are making large profits and the banks collapsed in on themselves... can't be it!

Of course! That is why this country is in the economic dumps... companies are losing money because they have to pay health care costs... no, wait, they are making large profits and the banks collapsed in on themselves... can't be it!

No. The country is in the economic dumpster because of the uncertainty that this failure of a President and his partisan leftist hacks have foisted upon us. Companies have lots of money - albeit its getting devalued at a record pace with each click of the Treasury's printing presses. But they're sitting on it because its a better alternative for them than to risk investing in this economy where winners are penalized and losers are lifted up as paragons of virtue. BO doesn't have a clue how to create jobs. All he does is promote hatred and jealousy and envy. Some leader. He bad mouths everything too much. His mantra is, "Let's put all the partisan bickering behind us - you f'n Republicans shite heads." He makes Jimmy Carter look like FDR. He's the first and hopefully last affirmative action POTUS.

#2 has the right idea, the big question of course is how?

In regards to #1, it is still a temporary solution.

Hate to say it, but in the presidents speech, it was filled with keynesian short-term solutions, once again it appears to me that he believes or his advisors believe that this the bridge to recovery.

WHERE ARE THE STRUCTURAL SOLUTIONS??!!????

What do his economists believe is gonna happen after the money runs dry after these stop gap solutions? I can tell you right now, a Hangover effect.

Once again, this jobs plan falls short in trying to solve our economies structural problems and WILL NOT give us a sustained boost.

You do know that Obamacare's not in full force until 2014, right?

And just this week, we learned of yet more great things packed down deep into a bill that needed to be passed before everyone could find out what was in it.

Link

The president’s health care overhaul includes a 2.3 percent excise tax on medical devices that will send the durable medical equipment industry into intensive care, eliminate 43,000 jobs, and whack $3.5 billion from local shops and communities, according to a new study by two free market economists.

The 30-page report, released on Wednesday by the Advanced Medical Technology Association, a trade group, also concludes that the tax on medical equipment may prompt the closure of high-tech research facilities in several states.

I realize that Obama is Black Jesus, God, and the holy spirit wrapped up in one and incarnated into the greatest politician the world has ever seen. And since His Greatness passed the health care bill it is necessarily flawlessly brilliant and only racist hicks could think otherwise.

As to businesses that look to the future & are not only weary of the economic forecast but also the prospect of having their labor costs jump dramatically for workers that may be difficult to let go if they prove too expensive, I say ye have little faith.

I'm not going to pretend to understand how these plans work, because as a mere mortal these matters, like creation, are beyond my comprehension; but the scriptures assure me that Obama works in mysterious ways and the Apostle Paul [Krugman] has assured us it is so.

So in the words of the preacher from Don't be a Menace, I implore you: Don't ask no questions. In Obama we trust. And by we I mean those of us who aren't stupid, racist, holocaust/global warming denying, homophobic Tea Baggers.

Edited by Rob's House

I realize that Obama is Black Jesus, God, and the holy spirit wrapped up in one and incarnated into the greatest politician the world has ever seen. And since His Greatness passed the health care bill it is necessarily flawlessly brilliant and only racist hicks could think otherwise.

As to businesses that look to the future & are not only weary of the economic forecast but also the prospect of having their labor costs jump dramatically for workers that may be difficult to let go if they prove too expensive, I say ye have little faith.

I'm not going to pretend to understand how these plans work, because as a mere mortal these matters, like creation, are beyond my comprehension; but the scriptures assure me that Obama works in mysterious ways and the Apostle Paul [Krugman] has assured us it is so.

So in the words of the preacher from Don't be a Menace, I implore you: Don't ask no questions. In Obama we trust. And by we I mean those of us who aren't stupid, racist, holocaust/global warming denying, homophobic Tea Baggers.

Pretty good. But you did forget the photo.

post-313-057208600 1315757591_thumb.jpg