Very small stakes survival pool

Beerball

Fine populace of TBD,

I know a little about football and I can always use help. Unbenounced to me I was entered a small survivor pool this year by an associate. Entry fee per team was $0.50 and there are 552 people in it as of now. I don't care about the money so if you help me win I will split it with you and other helpers. It is winner take all and there are usually a few late entries so it will probably end up around $30.

Anyway, I want to win for pride. There's this one guy (my associate) who I really want to beat into a sobbing pulp. His name is Crayonz. Don't help him or you won't share in my winnings. He's full of **** and is always exaggerating things, especially when a couple bucks are involved. If he has his way he'll have you believing you can become a millionaire/ss if you help him. Just remember, he's full of ****.

Anyway, who do you guys think I should go with in week 1? I was thinking Tennessee, but am actually a little wary of teams first week even when they're going up against a weak team that has been upset by the release of their (formerly) starting QB. Any better ideas? Let me know and hopefully we can all win. I will keep you up to date.

P.S. If more than one person goes through the whole season there are all sorts of weird rules. If it is a two way tie only it is a simple split.

Common people, I need some friggin help here. I'll bet I'd have some input from the board if I had a multi-million $$$ payoff. I know it's not all about the money though, just like I know that it's not about the money with Stevie J. He's going to re-sign with Buffalo because they used a 7th round pick on him and he likes us, he really likes us. You fine people will give me some surviror advice out of the goodness of your hearts. Remember, there's a payoff down the line if I win. Please help me turn crayonz into a waxy puddle of multi-colored goop.

<edit> I see that mr. exaggeration is getting plenty of help.</edit>

Edited by Beerball
maybe it is all about the money :(

Well, happily I managed to survive week 1, no thanks to you maroons. <_< Just because crayonzboy flashes some big bucks you all jump in and do some major ball washing. Thanks for confirming the fact that our society has gone to hell in a hang basket.

I've been told that the winner of this pool will pocket $6000, but apparently that isn't enough for youse.

So, who should I consider in week 2?

Well, happily I managed to survive week 1, no thanks to you maroons. <_< Just because crayonzboy flashes some big bucks you all jump in and do some major ball washing. Thanks for confirming the fact that our society has gone to hell in a hang basket.

I've been told that the winner of this pool will pocket $6000, but apparently that isn't enough for youse.

So, who should I consider in week 2?

I would vote for Ravens over Titans or Packers over Panthers

crayonz inadvertently gave me my pick this week. He was bragging to someone about what a business titan he is. So I thought to myself...I'll show him...

Titans it is! I live to fight another days. So far I've used the Jags and Titans. Any thoughts on week 3?

BTW...I've been told that the pool is worth like $85,000 to the winner. I could really use some help & I'm willing to split with anyone who helps me win.

Well 1 out of 2 ain't bad. Sorry, beerball

No harm no foul FiC! I went with my gut and took the Titans. I live to fight another day! I hear that crayonz took the Raiders, so he's officially out of the contest.

Now my path is clear! I don't want to spend the money before I have it, but $150,000 will go a long way to helping me clean up the mess I was left when my half-brother was convicted of wire fraud.

No harm no foul FiC! I went with my gut and took the Titans. I live to fight another day! I hear that crayonz took the Raiders, so he's officially out of the contest.

Now my path is clear! I don't want to spend the money before I have it, but $150,000 will go a long way to helping me clean up the mess I was left when my half-brother was convicted of wire fraud.

How do you commit fraud with a wire?

How do you commit fraud with a wire?

I don't tell many people this, but Jimmy Spags is my illegitimate quarter step brother twice removed. My father had an unintentional encounter with a toilet seat and Jimmy's mom quickly pounced on the opportunity and swooped in. She had always wanted to become part of the family and she saw that as her way in. It really didn't get her or Jimmy much. They are shunned at family gatherings, and nobody ever eats their pasta salad (too much cumin). Anyway, that's the long and short of it.

Hope I cleared things up for you?

I see you haven't offered me congratulations for beating the crayola? Can't believe he picked the Raiders...now he's trying to back track, but I have proof of his pick. I'll reveal it if I need to.

I don't tell many people this, but Jimmy Spags is my illegitimate quarter step brother twice removed.

Here in Tennessee that is branch of the family tree that would be considered too much of a reach for adult relations at the family reunion. You would need to pick a limb that is a little less forked and lower to the ground to be acceptable with the kinfolk.

However, if he has a methlab and is missing all of his teeth an exception could be made. In this instance you would simply need to make sure you didn't light any cigs around his house.