The 10 worst songs of the 1990s

\GoBillsInDallas/

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, I really do too. Just the time period and seeing "What's Up" and "Chumbawumba" just made me think of that song so I had to post it to see if any got the reference lol.

Yep, I knew exactly what you were talking about cause that video still sticks in my brain for some reason...and I agree, it does sort of fit in with those other songs. The 90s feel like yesterday to me...can't believe they ended over a decade ago :unsure:

I actually like the 4 Non Blondes song.

I don't like it. I love it........It was also picked by MTV or VH-1 voters as one of the songs to never play the video of again, a number of years ago. I remember watching that and Janeane Garafalo (sp?) was like what? I like this song.

I actually saw them open for The Who and fell in love with the song.

I'd much rather go with DC Tom's suggestion: "I Would Do Anything For Love" by Meatloaf - I still don't know what it was that he wouldn't do! Does anybody know??

I'd much rather go with DC Tom's suggestion: "I Would Do Anything For Love" by Meatloaf - I still don't know what it was that he wouldn't do! Does anybody know??

I dunno, but I think it would involve Gary Busey.

I don't like it. I love it........It was also picked by MTV or VH-1 voters as one of the songs to never play the video of again, a number of years ago. I remember watching that and Janeane Garafalo (sp?) was like what? I like this song.

I actually saw them open for The Who and fell in love with the song.

Sing a song in under six minutes.

LMAO - now it's no longer in my top ten worst! Makes perfect sense!

:thumbsup:

Can you imagine those two in a reality show? It would kill! lol

My favorite way to buy music now is to look on Amazon for used verions of the CD I want. Typically you can find them for under $5 shipped, often times even closer to like $2 or $3. I just upload it to iTunes in Apple Lossless format and I never need the physical CD again. I've really grown my collection over the past couple of years doing this.

To each their own... Yet, it does get me to question the whole song "ownership" concept. Why do people need to physically have their own collection? Listen to it on the fly off the radio and/internet. I really do like the randomess of sat radio. I know this sounds bad... But I am subscribing to sat radio.

Are you kidding? He lists at least six things he won't do.

He won't:

1. Forget the way you feel right now.

2. Forgive himself if you and he don’t go all the way tonight.

3. Do it better than he’ll do it with you. (For so long!)

4. Stop dreaming of you every night of his life.

5. Forget everything and move on.

6. Sooner or later be screwing around.

I like ajzepp's Gary Busey theory better.

I just googled it and it turns out that I'm not the only dope who doesn't know what THAT is. I think you're in the minority or you watched his Storytellers (which I actually did see some of and it was the worst one I ever saw - I previously would've liked to see him in concert), where he uses a blackboard and pointing stick to explain what "that" is.

And, then there's this:

Others assume that "that" is a reference to euthanasia or anal sex. In a DVD audio commentary, Meat Loaf indicated that the latter of these could be what "that" refers to.

I like ajzepp's Gary Busey theory better.

I just googled it and it turns out that I'm not the only dope who doesn't know what THAT is. I think you're in the minority or you watched his Storytellers (which I actually did see some of and it was the worst one I ever saw - I previously would've liked to see him in concert), where he uses a blackboard and pointing stick to explain what "that" is.

And, then there's this:

Others assume that "that" is a reference to euthanasia or anal sex. In a DVD audio commentary, Meat Loaf indicated that the latter of these could be what "that" refers to.

I didn't watch "Storytellers," I listened to the song. I seriously don't think it's that cryptic. Take a look at the lyrics:

But I'll never forget the way you feel right now

Oh no, no way

And I would do anything for love

But I won't do that

The "and" indicates that he's still in the same thought, which means that "that" refers to forgetting the way you feel right now.