The 10 worst songs of the 1990s

\GoBillsInDallas/

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please add song titles and artists with those numbers. I clicked on a couple and after seeing what the song was, wish I hadn't.

For example, clicking on one of those brings up a Celine Dion song :sick::bag:

If I had known ahead of time, I wouldn't have clicked

"According to Rolling Stone" is key. People lived "Macarena". It's only one of the ten worst songs if you're an elitist prick*.

I'll give them Billy Ray Syphilis, Celine Dion, and hell, even Vanilla Ice (although "Ice, Ice, Baby" isn't even his worst song). But as for the other seven...

"All I Wanna Do" by Heart,

"Love is a Wonderful Thing" by Michael Bolton,

"The Sign" by Ace of Base (hell, any !@#$ing thing by Ace of Base),

"I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith,

"I Would Do Anything For Love" by Meatloaf,

"Wannabe" by the Spice Girls

...and then...hell, just pick any song from Van Halen III.

*Note: I am an elitist prick; I !@#$ing hate "Macarena".

I actually like the 4 Non Blondes song.

same here...it's a weird choice...doesn't really fit in with the macarena, who let the dogs out, and ice ice baby.

Adam Carolla had a nice rant about this list on his podcast yesterday. It essentially went along the lines of ""MmmmBop is a great song! This list was put together by a bunch of tattooed posers that are insecure in their sexuality!"

:)

People lived "Macarena". It's only one of the ten worst songs if you're an elitist prick*.

*Note: I am an elitist prick; I !@#$ing hate "Macarena".

I thought, back in the day... Only elistist pricks lived "Macarena."

I actually like the 4 Non Blondes song.

My wife actually liked it when the song came out... She bought the CD... :wallbash: :wallbash: Now I see that CD and just stare at it... Wasn't bad... But I knew that song would eventually make the poopy list! :P

God... Music distribution was awful before the internet took off... Now, you can just put any song that gets to Youtube... And pipe it right from your home computer to your stereo system...

God... Music distribution was awful before the internet took off... Now, you can just put any song that gets to Youtube... And pipe it right from your home computer to your stereo system...

My favorite way to buy music now is to look on Amazon for used verions of the CD I want. Typically you can find them for under $5 shipped, often times even closer to like $2 or $3. I just upload it to iTunes in Apple Lossless format and I never need the physical CD again. I've really grown my collection over the past couple of years doing this.

If Rolling Stone and their Gen X readers didn't spend all their time licking Cobain's rotting taint, at least three Nirvana songs would be on that list.

:thumbsup: Best thing to happen to Nirvana was Cobain's departure. Foo Fighters born

...and then...hell, just pick any song from Van Halen III.

Eddie Van Halen is the most spectacularly lovable crazy person to ever make it big.

At 2:45, Eddie shows off his Aspergers. The train wreck goes on and on.

Thinking Gary Cherone deserved to be in the band was as classic as refusing to accept Michael Anthony back into the band because he is friends with Sammy Hagar.

If Rolling Stone and their Gen X readers didn't spend all their time licking Cobain's rotting taint, at least three Nirvana songs would be on that list.

Nirvana blew open a movement with Nevermind. That might be the last really huge rock album. I've bought plenty of great ones since then but you almost couldn't find someone in the 90s who didn't own that.

Edited by Peace

:thumbsup: Best thing to happen to Nirvana 90s music was Cobain's departure.

Let's be honest here.

Nirvana blew open a movement with Nevermind. That might be the last really huge rock album. I've bought plenty of great ones since then but you almost couldn't find someone in the 90s who didn't own that.

"Really huge" =/= "good." See: Thriller (I love MJ, but still).