Had enough 24/7 Peyton Manning talk

truth on hold

So he's not playing on opening day, so what? Colts went no where last year and even with him theres no reason to think they'll go any farther this season. Yes theyll do worse without him but again who cares outside of small market Indy? Sports networks are acting like this is a bigger story than the strike. Geez the season will be fine with or without Peyton playing, on a team no one sees going all the way anyway. Sucks for colts after giving him a big extension but again hey that's their problem.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Am I the only tired of everyone whining about the news? Turn the !@#$ing station or turn the thing off. Problem solved.

Ummm because a day before season starts I'd like to watch some football news and id like more choice than either all Peyton or none? By your logic I can ask why you bothered opening this thread.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I understand that it is over the top how much they are focusing on it but I think they are more focused on his consecutive starts streak ending. He is second all time for consecutive starts which isn't likely to get passed anytime soon (next closest active streak is Eli with 103).

Well, I feel for you then, J-6pack. If you're sick of it already, you may not survive the season. The guy is a football God. He, more than any other player is and has been the face of the NFL since his second season. Routinely the League passing leader, Son of the NFL QB Royal family and a brilliant player. His decision making, precision passing and resilience are the stuff of true legend.

Then there's his commercials.. He's more famous for those than Michael Jordan.

This 'injury' is of the critical, career & lifetime mobility threatening variety. Humans with neurology issues don't mess around with highly physical activities. Life is too important to see it from a wheelchair, if you don't have to.

Good luck getting over your sickness. You ain't seen nothn' yet.

Did you know that Peyton Manning isn't playing this week?

He could be out for the year!

Kerry Collins has to take over for Peyton Manning! Did you hear?

Peyton Manning can't throw the ball well!

Peyton Manning at least has endorsement deals. Did you hear?

OMG Peyton Manning's not playing! Like OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, when one of the greatest QBs in NFL history goes down with a serious injury, what do you expect, no notice?????

Weenies.

Did you know that Peyton Manning isn't playing this week?

He could be out for the year!

Kerry Collins has to take over for Peyton Manning! Did you hear?

Peyton Manning can't throw the ball well!

Peyton Manning at least has endorsement deals. Did you hear?

OMG Peyton Manning's not playing! Like OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, when one of the greatest QBs in NFL history goes down with a serious injury, what do you expect, no notice?????

Weenies.

But what about Brett Favre? It's nearly the opening kickoff to the season and I've hardly heard a word about him.

Who's interested in signing him? Will he come back for the season? What sportswriters have tracked him down to the HS in Mississippi to report on his workouts?

Inquiring minds want to know. After all, we're talking about Brett Favre Brett Favre Brett Favre Brett Favre Brett Favre Brett Favre Brett Favre Brett Favre Brett Favre Brett Favre!

Word on the street is that he had another surgery and is out for the year.

That would come out today, as I drafted him in fantasy last night.

Is there a particular street that you heard this on? People always talk about THE street, but they never name it. So much happens on THE street and I'm missing out on all of it.

To the OP...thanks for starting this Peyton Manning thread. I was hoping that someone would bring this topic here for open & honest discussion. :thumbsup:

Is there a particular street that you heard this on? People always talk about THE street, but they never name it. So much happens on THE street and I'm missing out on all of it.

To the OP...thanks for starting this Peyton Manning thread. I was hoping that someone would bring this topic here for open & honest discussion. :thumbsup:

The is the name of the street :blink:

Word on the street is that he had another surgery and is out for the year.

That would come out today, as I drafted him in fantasy last night.

It's amazing how Manning and Chris Johnson's draft slots were so wacky this year based on when drafts were held. Had a draft a few weeks ago, and CJ and Manning went in the 2nd round. Now, my guess is that CJ is back to being a top-3 pick, and Manning a middle to late-round guy.

By the way, if you're right and Manning doesn't play this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see Indy be in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. Manning is basically everything to that team; they're going to be horrible without him.