NYC Sewer Engineer Makes Big Bucks

3rdnlng

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/09/06/2011-09-06_capt_kaching_at_772g_sewer_worker_paid_more_than_any_city_employee_last_fiscal_y.html

I don't have a problem with the one time back pay of nearly 1/2 a million dollars. I don't have a problem with his base salary of $109,850. What I don't understand is how the hell can a city allow the man to make $173,000 in overtime? If that happened in private industry the company would probably be in deep financial trouble. The government can just find a new usage fee or tax to allow this **** to occur.

how the hell can a city allow the man to make $173,000 in overtime?

And don't forget when it comes time for him to retire, they'll make sure he gets at least that much OT so that his pension is based off $300k in total annual comp and not just his on base salary.

Thank goodness we have unions looking out for the 'middle class'!

And don't forget when it comes time for him to retire, they'll make sure he gets at least that much OT so that his pension is based off $300k in total annual comp and not just his on base salary.

Thank goodness we have unions looking out for the 'middle class'!

I wondered if this was part of the scam overtime schemes that many union members pull in the last 2-3 years before retirement, but it doesn't reqlly matter. It's bs no matter how you look at it. Maybe Governor Walker should be hired to straighten things out!