Jerry Gary Interview On Sporting News Radio

plenzmd1

Jerrt Gray was just on Sporting News radio. Nothing to really report except two things I thought were interesting.

#1) When asked why the turnovers were so much higher this year, flat out said better players. He expounded on this by saying the biggest upgrade was at corner, where ANTONIO(criqui ref) Winfield moved on and it allowed them to put in terrance and Troy, both had better hands and more of a nose for the ball.

#2) Troy is making all of the secondary calls. He`has about ten defences he can call, and Troy makes the call on the field, not Jerry Gray.

Also, interesting stat, all of the Def. Lineman have at least one pick over the last two years, including reserves, except one. Didnt say who that was, but lordy, remeber when we had DBs and safetys' that coudn't get a pick lol!

Interesting that he would call out AW like that, but in my view he was dead on. AW was a great tackler but god he had hands of stone. If he hadn't moved on, we wouldn't have signed Vincent, and we'd be sitting here with McGee as the nickelback and Rashad Baker at FS.

As for DL picks in the last 2 years, I'm not sure what he's talking about because Adams has 2, Williams has 1, Schobel has 1 and Kelsay has 1. That's it. Nothing from Denney, Bannan, Edwards et. al.

But the overall improvement is shocking. Every unit has upped its pick count from 2003.

In 2004, we have 19 picks:

At DL, Williams has 1, Adams has 1, Kelsay has 1, and Schobel has 0 (none from the reserves)

At LB, Posey has 1, Spikes has 4, Fletcher has 0 (none from the reserves)

At DB, Clements has 4, McGee has 3, Milloy has 1, Vincent has 1, Baker has 1 and Reese has 1.

Last year we had 10 picks:

At DL, Schobel had 1 and Adams had 1.

At LB, Spikes had 2.

At DB, Clements had 3, McGee had 2, and Winfield had 1.

Interesting that he would call out AW like that, but in my view he was dead on.  AW was a great tackler but god he had hands of stone.  If he hadn't moved on, we wouldn't have signed Vincent, and we'd be sitting here with McGee as the nickelback and Rashad Baker at FS.

As for DL picks in the last 2 years, I'm not sure what he's talking about because Adams has 2, Williams has 1, Schobel has 1 and Kelsay has 1.  That's it.  Nothing from Denney, Bannan, Edwards et. al.

But the overall improvement is shocking.  Every unit has upped its pick count from 2003.

At DL, Williams has 1, Adams has 1, Kelsay has 1, and Schobel has 0 (none from the reserves)

At DB, Clements has 4, McGee has 3, Milloy has 1, Vincent has 1, Baker has 1 and Reese has 1.

At LB, Spikes had 2.

169428[/snapback]

I thought Denney had one last year, but that is what he said.

Interesting that he would call out AW like that, but in my view he was dead on.  AW was a great tackler but god he had hands of stone.  If he hadn't moved on, we wouldn't have signed Vincent, and we'd be sitting here with McGee as the nickelback and Rashad Baker at FS.

As for DL picks in the last 2 years, I'm not sure what he's talking about because Adams has 2, Williams has 1, Schobel has 1 and Kelsay has 1.  That's it.  Nothing from Denney, Bannan, Edwards et. al.

But the overall improvement is shocking.  Every unit has upped its pick count from 2003.

At LB, Spikes had 2.

169428[/snapback]

That all may or may not be true but the fact seems to be that Winfield has three picks this year and McGee has three picks this year. If AW was still here, McGee would be on the bench, but the same would be true if TV didn't get hurt. Baker would likely be at safety. Frankly, I like the guys we got there now, too, overall. I think McGee is going to be a stud, and consistetly get INTs.

That all may or may not be true but the fact seems to be that Winfield has three picks this year and McGee has three picks this year. If AW was still here, McGee would be on the bench, but the same would be true if TV didn't get hurt. Baker would likely be at safety. Frankly, I like the guys we got there now, too, overall. I think McGee is going to be a stud, and consistetly get INTs.

169450[/snapback]

Not to mention I think McGee had 2 other INTs overruled because he had a foot out of bounds.

Excellent, right on Gray!  :unsure:

I was so glad to see the vastly overrated Winfield leave town.

McGee is still learning, but he's already a huge upgrade.

PLAYMAKERS WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! :)

169506[/snapback]

Man , you gain some serious joy out of watching certain Bill players fail. I can't do it.... There have been many players I knew were poor but I could never actually root for them to fail.

169450[/snapback]

Not to mention I think McGee had 2 other INTs overruled because he had a foot out of bounds.

169504[/snapback]

One because he was out of bounds and one because of an offsides penalty I think. Both in the end zone.

I bear AW no ill will. We couldn't afford to keep him. He's making more money and our defensive backfield is better. We both won.

One because he was out of bounds and one because of an offsides penalty I think.  Both in the end zone.

I bear AW no ill will.  We couldn't afford to keep him.  He's making more money and our defensive backfield is better.  We both won.

169546[/snapback]

Gray wasnt saying he wished AW any harm, or good riddance, just that the skills that TM and TV possess are differant, and are translating to more turnovers

Man , you gain some serious joy out of watching certain Bill players fail. I can't do it.... There have been many players I knew were poor but I could never actually root for them to fail.

169536[/snapback]

Just a little smack, that's all. :unsure:

I don't really root for anyone to fail, but I will slam players who are overrated by many & don't step up

(eg. Ruben, Antoine).

But as soon as they start showing me something, I'll back off & give them credit when deserved (eg. MW).

Just a little smack, that's all. :unsure: 

I don't really root for anyone to fail, but I will slam players who are overrated by many & don't step up

(eg. Ruben, Antoine).

But as soon as they start showing me something, I'll back off & give them credit when deserved (eg. MW).

169611[/snapback]

gotcha :doh: