How great would the Steelers game be if....

taterhill

next week, we beat the 49ers, Jets lose to the pats, Jax loses to Houston, and Denver loses to Tennesee...that leaves us with a win and we are in game....WOW, that would be great......................................

169223[/snapback]

Dude...that whole scenario is not that farfetched.

The Bills stand a very good chance of beating SF;

The Jets could beat NE...but my money would be on the Pats doing it again;

Houston already beat Jacksonville once. A very inconsistant, and at times, dangerous team;

Did you seen Billy Volek yesterday?! Denver is not going to have any easy time in Tenn.

It's all very possible... :)

next week, we beat the 49ers, Jets lose to the pats, Jax loses to Houston, and Denver loses to Tennesee...that leaves us with a win and we are in game....WOW, that would be great......................................

169223[/snapback]

It may happen.

...don't forget a Ravens loss to the Steelers.  That's another log on the weekend fire.

169276[/snapback]

That's always a good thing! I really feel the Steelers will be hyped up for this weekend's game.

I just hope the Bills do not lay an egg against SF by looking ahead to the Pitt game. By the 4:05 start next week part of the above scenario will be played, and I hope the Bills do not get either too excited or too upset with the early game results.....FOCUS!

It's all possible, and I would love to see that.

However, I'm still pulling for NE to beat the Jets. If that happens, then we just need to see the Jets tank on the road against St. Louis for us to have a shot to move ahead of them as well.

Which of the above games will be over, or close to over, by the time our game kicks off at 4:15?

169344[/snapback]

Never mind, I'll answer my own question. Denver plays on Saturday and Baltimore and Jacksonville play at 1 pm on Sunday. The Jets play at 4:15. So it's conceivable that by 4:15 NEXT SUNDAY we will be faced with a win-out-and-we're-in situation. If that happens I predict we lay 60 on the Niners. :)

However, I'm still pulling for NE to beat the Jets. If that happens, then we just need to see the Jets tank on the road against St. Louis for us to have a shot to move ahead of them as well.

169306[/snapback]

I am not sure if there is even a college program right now capable of tanking against St. Louis.

Mike Fartz is as good as gone. Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.

Can you imagine if they all lost?  We'd control our own destiny before we even kick off against SF.

169365[/snapback]

Yes, yes I can!

I'm actually feeling less pessimistic now about the Jags-Texans game than I was last night. I didn't realize that the Texans crushed them earlier this season, plus the Darius cheap shot has got to be extra incentive...

The Ravens-Steelers game SHOULD go to the Steelers.

The Broncos game could also go our way if the Titans decide to go all out for their final home game. Plus, the Broncos are doing everything they can to miss the playoffs lately...