53-man roster guess

nodnarb

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick

Tyler Thigpen

Brad Smith

(Yes, Thigpen was bad in preseason. But he'll be a decent #2)

FB Corey McIntyre

RB Fred Jackson

C.J. Spiller

Johnny White

(Bruce Hall is pretty good, but ineligible for the PS. They'll tell him to stay in shape and wait by the phone.)

WR2 Donald Jones

David Nelson

Marcus Easley

Kamar Aiken

Surprise 1: Aiken makes the team. Has the body type that Gailey and Nix like at WR. Made some plays. Nelson was quiet this camp, which surprised me. Don't really know where he stands. Roosevelt will be placed on the PS because he's not likely to be taken to somebody's 53-man roster. Especially not with an ankle injury.

LT Demetrius Bell

Ed Wang

Surprise 2: Wang makes the team. He hasn't been that bad, and better than Wrotto/Howard

LG Andy Levitre

C Eric Wood

Geoff Hangartner

Surprise 3: The media has made Hangartner seem like a sure-cut. Not at the outset. He's not the right body type for Gailey, who likes bigger bodies, and will be the first to be cut if/when someone else is released that they like better. Rhinehart to the PS.

RG Kraig Urbik

RT Erik Pears

Chris Hairston

TE Scott Chandler

Shawn Nelson

Surprise 4: Nelson makes it despite being a ghost this preseason. What was his injury this time? Anyone…anyone…?

WR1 Steve Johnson

Roscoe Parrish

LDE Marcell Dareus

Alex Carrington

NT Kyle Williams

Torell Troup (Papazoid: Kiss it.)

Michael Jasper

Surprise 6: I was thinking that they'd try to hide him on the PS but after the halftime interview, Nix gave it away. He's on the team.

RDE Dwan Edwards

Spencer Johnson

RE: Spence, I've thought all offseason that this is the guy they'd try to trade to a 43 team. Never happened, and he has played well.

SLB Chris Kelsay

Robert Eddins

Surprise 7: Eddins. This guy looks like he belongs.

MLB Andra Davis

Kelvin Sheppard

Impressive first start for Shep. Not that they'd cut a 3rd round pick anyway...

WLB Nick Barnett

Kirk Morrison

Arthur Moats

JLB Shawne Merriman

Antonio Coleman

Danny Batten

Surprise 8: Coleman, the UFA, looks like he should have been drafted after all. Batten: Like his attitude and hustle, but he looks so small out there…not sure about him making the team despite his solid outing versus the Bears.

LCB Terrence McGee

Aaron Williams

Justin Rogers

If McGee is cut, as the rumors suggest, there'd have to be more to the story. He hasn't played poorly at all.

RCB Leodis McKelvin

Drayton Florence

Reggie Corner

FS Jairus Byrd

SS George Wilson

Bryan Scott

Da'Norris Searcy

K Lindell

P Moorman

LS Sanborn

PRACTICE SQUAD

Roosevelt

Heard

Levi Brown

Jehuu Caulcrick

Lionel Dotson

Zack Pianalto

Chad Rinehart

Chris White

Edited by nodnarb

No way Wang makes it over Rhinehart. Wang should work on making dumplings cause blocking is not his specialty. If they keep 10 Lbs white makes it over Eddins and if they keep 9 then Moats could be in trouble. Moats has been invisible this preseason, maybe due to injuries. I think they liked Batten more last year but season ending injury gave shot to Moats. He didn't play bad but I think he is on cut list and maybe ps bound if eligible. At Wr I think Roosevelt makes it over Aiken due to the experience gained last year in the system and his sure hands displayed throughout camp. Corner could be in trouble at Cb as they might carry Corto as 5th safety and special teams ace. And at TE is a toss up cause Nelson has so much potential and no production and Martin has experience and is a better blocker. Other then that well done and go Bills. Hoping for ateast 9-7 and fighting for playoff spot in late December.

This is tough. I understand your reasoning and its a reasonable shot - I haven't posted my own just because it's tough and I'm torn between what I think, and what I think is likely for Chix and Nailey.

(Yes, Thigpen was bad in preseason. But he'll be a decent #2)

I hear you that preseason isn't the world's greatest barometer, and I hope you're right because I doubt Nailey keep Brown over Thigpen even if I think that's what the data indicate.

But I'd like to understand the basis for your opinion.

Keep in mind - this guy was let walk by a team that has Henne as their starter.

Johnny White

(Bruce Hall is pretty good, but ineligible for the PS. They'll tell him to stay in shape and wait by the phone.)

Kamar Aiken

Unless White is looking like a special teams ace, I think it's the other way around. Hall to the team. White to the PS because he's eligible. But I could be wrong.

From everything Gailey has said, Roosevelt makes the team. I don't think Aiken hasn't done enough to lift himself over Roosevelt. I'm wondering about Easley overall, though that TD catch elevated his chances greatly.

I think it depends on how many WR they keep. The way they're falling to injury, I think they ought to keep a large #.

Ed Wang

Surprise 2: Wang makes the team. He hasn't been that bad, and better than Wrotto/Howard

I could be wrong and often am, I can't see Wang to the team and Rhinehart to the practice squad.

If Wang goes forward, I think it's to the practice squad...pretty sure he's eligible, and pretty sure no one will snatch him.

TE Scott Chandler

Shawn Nelson

Surprise 4: Nelson makes it despite being a ghost this preseason. What was his injury this time? Anyone…anyone…?

I hope you're wrong here on Nelson. I think it's time to say goodbye. If they don't think the other TE have shown enough, keep a watch on the waiver wire.

Practice Squad: Chris White

I think they find a way to keep Chris White for special teams but I haven't done the hard math myself. I agree Eddins has shown more.

rb White did not look like a pro thursday night....ps at best IMO.

Batten, White lb both looked good. Moats invisible??? white had good play on st.

Coleman is large and looked at home...he stays if I had my way.

TT is weak....

Aiken to ps, Roosevelt makes it.

The OL is already well represetned by other teams castoffs...why get more.