Shouldn't Conservatives Be Cheering?

Isn't this exactly what they want? I mean can't they pause to cheer for a moment the jobs destroyed?

Government employment continued to trend down over the month (-17,000). Despite the return of about 22,000 workers from a partial government shutdown in Minnesota, employment in state government changed little in August (+5,000). Employment in local government continued to decline. Since employment peaked in September 2008, local government has lost 550,000 jobs.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/post/more-reasons-for-obama-to-go-big-on-jobs/2011/09/02/gIQAPiebwJ_blog.html?hpid=z3

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be realistic... some are important. But there are way too many useless civil servants and bureaucrats that have no purpose and are overcompensated for their job and skill level.

But those useless civil servants are drawing a paycheck. Which means that they can consume, which doubleplusgood's the Keynsian multiplier.

Isn't this exactly what they want? I mean can't they pause to cheer for a moment the jobs destroyed?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/post/more-reasons-for-obama-to-go-big-on-jobs/2011/09/02/gIQAPiebwJ_blog.html?hpid=z3

Are you implying that job loss was a product of conservative policies or suggesting that conservatives should revel in Obama's failures?

to be realistic... some are important. But there are way too many useless civil servants and bureaucrats that have no purpose and are overcompensated for their job and skill level.

Yup, way too many youth hockey coaches, football coaches, police officers, teachers, firemen, accountants making sure all the money is where its suppose to be....oh...they will be missed I bet...road construction people, snow plow drivers, etc.

What a better world it is! And fewer consumers, too!

Paul Krugman's latest:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/05/opinion/the-fatal-distraction.html?src=ISMR_AP_LO_MST_FB

Spot on

Although you’d never know it listening to the ranters, the past year has actually been a pretty good test of the theory that slashing government spending actually creates jobs. The deficit obsession has blocked a much-needed second round of federal stimulus, and with stimulus spending, such as it was, fading out, we’re experiencing de facto fiscal austerity. State and local governments, in particular, faced with the loss of federal aid, have been sharply cutting many programs and have been laying off a lot of workers, mostly schoolteachers.

And somehow the private sector hasn’t responded to these layoffs by rejoicing at the sight of a shrinking government and embarking on a hiring spree.

Yet another right wing falacy is learned to be false the hard way. Poor GG, I'm sure he's losing faith in all the garbage he has spewed these years...not.

Paul Krugman's latest:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/05/opinion/the-fatal-distraction.html?src=ISMR_AP_LO_MST_FB

Spot on

Yet another right wing falacy is learned to be false the hard way. Poor GG, I'm sure he's losing faith in all the garbage he has spewed these years...not.

That's right, Cletus. If the government just spent ANOTHER trillion or so dollars it doesn't have, everything would be rosy. The 11% increase in federal spending since 2009 hasn't stimulated the economy? Why not make it 30%? Or 40? <_<

Krugman is an idiot and so are you. This is another vain attempt by a Keynesian to kick the can a little further down the road while ignoring the fact that the fundamentals are basically a house of cards teetering in the wind.

The deficit is going to be over $1,500,000,000,000.00 THIS year. Cutting a few billion at the state and local level while continuing to pass anti-business leftislation at virtually every level isn't going to lead economic fruition. That's such a basic concept that even you should be able to understand it.

Krugman? :lol:

Paul Krugman's latest:

Spot on

I'm stating to think Krugman got his Nobel by accident in a Cracker Jacks box. I seriously didn't think it was possible for him to go below the Space Alien economics plan before reading this embarrassing tripe.

Yup, way too many youth hockey coaches, football coaches, police officers, teachers, firemen, accountants making sure all the money is where its suppose to be....oh...they will be missed I bet...road construction people, snow plow drivers, etc.

What a better world it is! And fewer consumers, too!

Your analogy doesn't make sense . I'm a youth hockey coach and I don't get paid I volunteer and in fact could argue that I pay to do so with equipment upkeep expenses.

And I even stated earlier that some public servant jobs are needed and necessary I.e. police fire etc... however I stand by my statement there are many overpaid and useless civil servants and bureaucracies

Your analogy doesn't make sense . I'm a youth hockey coach and I don't get paid I volunteer and in fact could argue that I pay to do so with equipment upkeep expenses.

And I even stated earlier that some public servant jobs are needed and necessary I.e. police fire etc... however I stand by my statement there are many overpaid and useless civil servants and bureaucracies

Why bother with an explanation? Dave is the typical liberal fear monger. Every attempt to reign in an out of control political system is met with this crap, which is why every level of government is broke beyond the meaning of the word.

But it's the fault of Republicans, Tea Partiers, Conservatives, Neocons, etc. Democrats are completely absolved. Welcome to the 2 party system George Washington warned us about.

Paul Krugman's latest:

Spot on

Krugman misses the point. Cutting government workers isn't supposed to fix unemployment. Of course there will be higher unemployment as government cuts people. Cutting government workers is necessary because we don't have enough money!

What an asshat.

Krugman misses the point. Cutting government workers isn't supposed to fix unemployment. Of course there will be higher unemployment as government cuts people. Cutting government workers is necessary because we don't have enough money!

What an asshat.

The sun came up this morning as well. Some things can be safely relied upon to occur more or less daily, the bolded is one of them.

I'm stating to think Krugman got his Nobel by accident in a Cracker Jacks box. I seriously didn't think it was possible for him to go below the Space Alien economics plan before reading this embarrassing tripe.

Krugman won the Nobel for theories on international trade & economies of scale, which you can argue are opposite from his NYT rantings.

What an asshat.

"Although you’d never know it listening to the ranters, the past year has actually been a pretty good test of the theory that slashing government spending actually creates jobs...And somehow the private sector hasn’t responded to these layoffs by rejoicing at the sight of a shrinking government and embarking on a hiring spree."

Someone should challenge this buffoon to find one "ranter" of note on the right who had stated that cutting government jobs would create more jobs in the private sector. More lies and distortions. For the left, be they in politics or the MSM, when you can't argue your points on the merits, you just make !@#$ up.

Maybe Krugman did hear someone on the right explain that if a state like New Jersey (were I live) were able to cut state and property taxes, then DOWN THE ROAD businesses might come back after finding it welcoming for job creators. But this is not something that happens in one freaking year! This is a 5 to 10 year process. Not only that, it seems that no one in business is hiring because they don't know what their long term costs are dealing with obamacare. But maybe that's a bit too nuanced of a concept for this narrow minded flea Krugman to understand.