Preseason Games at Full Price

Went to the game last night (Thanks eball for the tix). If there were 10,000 there it was generous. It's a shame that the league charges season ticket holders for these sham games.

Thought Sully summed it up perfectly in his column today:

"The Lions' offensive and defensive starters played four plays each. The Bills' starters were on for seven plays. And the NFL has the nerve to charge full price for these games. It's like showing up for the Philharmonic, then having the middle school orchestra take over a few minutes into the concerto."

I think they should at least cut the price and donate all of the unsold tickets to local kid's groups serving the underprivlidged.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

Went to the game last night (Thanks eball for the tix). If there were 10,00 there it was generous. It's a shame that the league charges season ticket holders for these sham games.

Thought Sully summed it up perfectly in his column today:

"The Lions' offensive and defensive starters played four plays each. The Bills' starters were on for seven plays. And the NFL has the nerve to charge full price for these games. It's like showing up for the Philharmonic, then having the middle school orchestra take over a few minutes into the concerto."

I think they should at least cut the price and donate all of the unsold tickets to local kid's groups serving the underprivlidged.

Sully at the philharmonic....lol. i suppose he had a date in this fantasy land too.

Say what you will about Sully, he is dead nuts on with this one.

The NFL should be embarrassed about their preseason policies on ticket prices including raping season ticket holders regarding preseason tickets.

Apparently the declared gate was 18,000.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Say what you will about Sully, he is dead nuts on with this one.

The NFL should be embarrassed about their preseason policies on ticket prices including raping season ticket holders regarding preseason tickets.

Apparently the declared gate was 18,000.

Perhaps, but there's nothing new here. He could have (and probably did write) written the same thing 20 years ago.

Perhaps, but there's nothing new here. He could have (and probably did write) written the same thing 20 years ago.

True, this sentiment has been expressed forever

Would it make you feel better if $500 tickets were $60 a game plus $10 for preseason instead of $50 a game across the board?

And atleast you got that- saints rain third stringers all game, including player intros

Actually you're right. That's what is done. The cost of the full season is spread over ten games, not eight.

Sully at the philharmonic....lol. i suppose he had a date in this fantasy land too.

"He could... go... all... the... way!" :ph34r: