Obama Reconsiders

3rdnlng

I see this as yet another in a list of growing examples of Obama caving to the right, in hopes of getting the other side to compromise from time to time...but it will never happen...and they will continue to rail on him as being some extreme radical, when, basically, he gives them everything they want.

Obama caves in on environmental issues to appease those who say it will cost the economy. Yet, the same people can't see how foolish their hard-line "only cuts, and no taxes" dogma is. Its' ultimately a great "loose/loose" situation for everyone! :thumbsup:

Edited by Buftex

I see this as yet another in a list of growing examples of Obama caving to the right, in hopes of getting the other side to compromise from time to time...but it will never happen...and they will continue to rail on him as being some extreme radical, when, basically, he gives them everything they want.

Obama caves in on environmental issues to appease those who say it will cost the economy. Yet, the same people can't see how foolish their hard-line "only cuts, and no taxes" dogma is. Its' ultimately a great "loose/loose" situation for everyone! :thumbsup:

Actually I think it is a "tight/tight" situation.

That makes a nice story, but we both know that's not the case. He doesn't do it to get the other side to compromise. He does it to make it look like he's trying to compromise, so he can...once again...blame someone else for his failures.

The only chance Obama has for re-election at this point is to get the independents on his side. Face it, every Dem/liberal/progressive who hates this move can cry all they want, but at the end of the day, Obama knows they'll vote for him over any Republican. He has his base, regardless of what he does. He needs independents. Independents are smart enough to know excessive regulations kill jobs. This helps him in that regard. Will it help him enough? Not likely. Zero job growth last month. Economy stalled. No one hiring. This is a hail mary to throw out in his speech next week.

Too little, too late. Again.

That should be Obama's 2012 bumper sticker.

Read a great comment last night on HuffPost: "At least he let the Republicans sit on the back of the bus. All he does with us is use the bus to back over us." :lol:

as I've said for 2 and a half years Obama is owned by corporate interests despite any rhetoric- talk is cheap and as the bible says you "will know them by their fruits"- of course this leaves progressives in a bind, support Obama and the signal is !@#$ with us any way you want and we will still support you, withdraw support and risk someone you think is crazy destroying the country- right now a me and a lot of other progressives are thinking let Rick Perry or Michele Bachmann burn the place down and we'll rebuild on the ashes.

Small potatoes.

How about Obama step up to the plate, become a real president, admit he was wrong, tell Pelosi and Reid to go scratch, and repeal Obamacare. If he did this he wouldn't need the far left vote because there would a gush of jobs added before the 2012 election which would save his behind from being a one termer.

What no one will talk about (see ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, ect…) is that Obamacare is the MAIN REASON why companies aren't hiring…

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/hidden_jobs_killer_nfudBPzZv0PL5qAo82bArM

Obama/Pelosi/Reid/MSM have crippled this country. Hopefully enough Americans will wake up in time for 2012.

as I've said for 2 and a half years Obama is owned by corporate interests despite any rhetoric- talk is cheap.

Is that why his Dept of Justice just filed a suit against the biggest deal in years? Against a company that used to employ his Chief of Staff?

My God....all this flailing about grasping at whatever straw you see, never mind what you can reach...trying to find any way to present Obama, and your support for him, as rational. :lol:

Boy, oh boy....looks like the people who reasonably questioned Obama's lack of executive experience aren't "racists" after all, huh? Looks like we were right, and you were all, again, unmitigated morons. Incidentally, I was just as right about McCain, and that sniveling turd would have been just as bad. The good news for the Republicans is: they let him have his shot, and now he's done.

Perhaps if the leftist media had actually done their jobs? I don't mean be petty and cheap and talk about birth certificates and church pastors. I mean be competent and objective and talk about the massive executive experience hole in Obama's record. Perhaps if the real Democrats had stood up the progressives, and told them that their need to have a Hallmark moment with a black President, was not more important than the party's need to prove, after 10 years of being irrelevant to the Presidency, that it did have someone who could handle the job like a grown-up.

The Oprah-fied phoniness...the 60k people in Denver...all of it = what happens when you let marketing people run wild. Nobody talks about making sure "the product" works and/or can actually deliver, because everybody wants to go the big trade show, get hammered, talk schit and tell each other how awesome they are.

Where's Steely Dan? I told him this would be trouble in 17 months. This is the opening stanza in the "OCinBuffalo is right/EPA will suffer for their bufoonery" saga :D. Obama's own staffers created the regulations, at least in part, to placate the left. Then, EPA willingly adopts these new regs without any thought or care. Then, Obama and Co. turn on them like a mother-in-law? Guess who will be blamed? That's right, Steely, the EPA.

Guess who will use these regs, and the fact that "even Obama wouldn't support them", to prove that the EPA is completely out of control?

Guess who is right, again, and will be laughing at Steely Dan's :o "EPA's budget slashed/EPA investigated" :o threads that will begin around 17 months from now?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Is that why his Dept of Justice just filed a suit against the biggest deal in years? Against a company that used to employ his Chief of Staff?

You surely do not think that was a good idea. I love their offer to bring back 5,000 $15.00 an hour jobs. Especially since it has been shown that overseas call centers are generally less efficient and tend to mar your brand. Gee Thanks!

He understands that his presidency is teetering on the edge of disaster. He also is now beginning to understand that he has to give up idealogy and do what most people would like for our government to do, such as drill for more oil. You guys are so funny, the ones who are against for more drilling. You'd rather just support the "liberal" cause of being against drilling, simply because that is what you ae trained to think,rather than support something that would help drive down gasoline prices, export less money to the middle east and provide US jobs. Hysterical :w00t:

And please please please, one of you idiots try to bring up green jobs with me.

He understands that his presidency is teetering on the edge of disaster. He also is now beginning to understand that he has to give up idealogy and do what most people would like for our government to do, such as drill for more oil. You guys are so funny, the ones who are against for more drilling. You'd rather just support the "liberal" cause of being against drilling, simply because that is what you ae trained to think,rather than support something that would help drive down gasoline prices, export less money to the middle east and provide US jobs. Hysterical :w00t:

And please please please, one of you idiots try to bring up green jobs with me.

Oh, but those jobs are out there though.

http://www.simplyhired.com/a/jobs/list/c-solyndra

Boy, oh boy....looks like the people who reasonably questioned Obama's lack of executive experience aren't "racists" after all, huh? Looks like we were right, and you were all, again, unmitigated morons. Incidentally, I was just as right about McCain, and that sniveling turd would have been just as bad. The good news for the Republicans is: they let him have his shot, and now he's done.

Perhaps if the leftist media had actually done their jobs? I don't mean be petty and cheap and talk about birth certificates and church pastors. I mean be competent and objective and talk about the massive executive experience hole in Obama's record. Perhaps if the real Democrats had stood up the progressives, and told them that their need to have a Hallmark moment with a black President, was not more important than the party's need to prove, after 10 years of being irrelevant to the Presidency, that it did have someone who could handle the job like a grown-up.

The Republican Party offers no alternative that will restore sanity to the Presidency, cut and dry. Lunatics are coming out of the woodwork, and when Milt Romney looks to be the best choice by far for the GOP, something is wrong. Better yet, the grass root campaigns out there will certainly nominate a lunatic as the GOP Presidential candidate, and Obama will screw up the country for another four years!! That's the part all of you are missing here- the very goal that you seek, the removal of Obama in 2012, is actually FARTHER away due to the horrid choices of candidates out there. Obama got elected because independents flocked to him in droves, and why is that? Contrary to popular belief, when it comes down to a close race, your 'bleeding heart liberals' and your 'wacko conservatives' are irrelevant.

Edited by BmoreBills

You surely do not think that was a good idea. I love their offer to bring back 5,000 $15.00 an hour jobs. Especially since it has been shown that overseas call centers are generally less efficient and tend to mar your brand. Gee Thanks!

Totally different issue as the response was to the contention that Obama is owned by corporate interests. The tin man may swing with the prevailing winds, but the members of his cabinet have been ivory tower iconclasts who are outwardly hostile to business. This EPA fiasco is just the latest joke and proves that many university professors have no clue about business.

The Republican Party offers no alternative that will restore sanity to the Presidency, cut and dry. Lunatics are coming out of the woodwork, and when Milt Romney looks to be the best choice by far for the GOP, something is wrong. Better yet, the grass root campaigns out there will certainly nominate a lunatic as the GOP Presidential candidate, and Obama will screw up the country for another four years!! That's the part all of you are missing here- the very goal that you seek, the removal of Obama in 2012, is actually FARTHER away due to the horrid choices of candidates out there. Obama got elected because independents flocked to him in droves, and why is that? Contrary to popular belief, when it comes down to a close race, your 'bleeding heart liberals' and your 'wacko conservatives' are irrelevant.

Swing and a miss. :rolleyes:

I was talking about nominating Hillary, instead of Obama. Clintons may be bad people, but, their massive egos mean that they would never allow the far-left to put their Presidency in jeopardy. They are the definition of practicality. Hillary would never have made the Health Care mistake...twice. Hillary would have seized the opportunity to cut spending but also raise taxes, just like Bill did. At the very least, saying that the budget was "balanced" would provide confidence in her leadership that would have paid off in terms of private sector hiring. She would then be able to take credit for the economic growth-->2nd term.

You haven't looked at the numbers. Obama is done. There is no Florida. There is no North Carolina. There is no Indiana, Ohio, or Virginia. Even running the Pennsylvania, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan table, which won't happen, doesn't add up. The only assets you have are: the Daley family tradition of trying to steal elections and a whole lot of money that will be wasted trying to chase multiple candidates around and attack them. Most of those attacks will end up being on people that aren't the nominee....um, Bachman.

What did Obama do to prove that liberal Democrats should be allowed to be President, in the context of the last 40 years?

Edited by OCinBuffalo