Lance Briggs

Chimp

He's good but seems to want a new contract every couple of years.

Sure. I can get on board with that...I make the same demands at work every couple of years. Unfortunately I make much much less. I think he could be a monster opposite of Merriman.

He wants $6.5M/year - that's PosLUSZny money!

Not sure LB is the Bills biggest problem - our biggest weakness is still o-line. JMO, but think they'll sign some o-line help after week one.

Remember, Ralph is cheap ( :rolleyes: ) - and after week 1, contracts aren't guaranteed.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Edited by The Senator

The Bills have plenty of space to negotiate a new deal. Would a top 5 pick in the 3rd round be enough to land him in Buffalo?

PASS...content, actually excited, about our LB's. Got a couple good vets and a ouple young up & commers with tremendous upside.

Edited by Armchair GM

Who are we going to get to play LT before the end of the season? I'd rather draft a first round LT and improve our defense, what could very will win us more games.

I actually think short of replacing Kelsay, which Lance Briggs is not going to do (4-3 WLB vs. OLB), the LB corps are pretty solid, to the point where they're going to have to cut some promising young players. I don't think Chris White should be guaranteed a spot, but I like Andra Davis, Barnett and Morrison as an interior backup. They are set at this position. Wanna improve the defense, look for an upgrade at safety or for Kelsay. I think neither of those are to be found in the camp cuts, either.

It's far more likely an OT who is costly gets cut, whether it's a lower-tier starter who is still better than Bell, or a swing OT for depth they can rely on while grooming Hairston.

He's a 31 year old Tampa 2 linebacker, I'm not really sure where he would fit on the Bills defense.

If you actually watched the Bears play defense, they barely ever play the Tampa 2 coverages. Just because they often line up the same doesn't make it so. They blitz quite a bit also out of what is the generic Tampa 2 shell.

Beat me to it. We'll be scouring the waiver wire tomorrow and looking as street FAs to bolster our line.

Everybody Wang's done tonight?

So that will cost far in excess of what Lance Briggs would cost us? We could do both and not bat an eye. But of course, Ralph is not cheap... :wallbash:

Edited by BmoreBills

I actually think short of replacing Kelsay, which Lance Briggs is not going to do (4-3 Mike vs. OLB), the LB corps are pretty solid, to the point where they're going to have to cut some promising young players. I don't think Chris White should be guaranteed a spot, but I like Andra Davis, Barnett and Morrison as an interior backup. They are set at this position. Wanna improve the defense, look for an upgrade at safety or for Kelsay. I think neither of those are to be found in the camp cuts, either.

It's far more likely an OT who is costly gets cut, whether it's a lower-tier starter who is still better than Bell, or a swing OT for depth they can rely on while grooming Hairston.

4-3 Mike linebacker. Hmmm, I could have sworn that some guy names Urlacher is the 4-3 Mike in Chicago and Lance Briggs plays OLB.

4-3 Mike linebacker. Hmmm, I could have sworn that some guy names Urlacher is the 4-3 Mike in Chicago and Lance Briggs plays OLB.

You're right, I'm a dumbazz.

However, he would project as an ILB here, no? Not much of a pass rusher. Why do we need more ILBs? I'm happy to be told why I'm wrong, but I don't get it.