Aggies leaving BIG12-2 (soon to be -3)

Cynical

The SEC agrees to invite Texas A&M:

My link

In a statement, the SEC confirmed the news we've been waiting ... well, not really all that long for. The Texas A&M Aggies have been cleared to partake in the conference's expansion once remaining legal issues have been taken care of.

And it now seems Baylor has it's panties in a bunch over the whole deal, as they are threatening to sue the SEC if A&M leaves the Big12.

I get it. If the Big12 collapses, and the other teams flee to other conferences, Baylor is going to be stuck flapping in the wind.

Tough. Baylor, at some point, is going to have to realize they truly are irrelevant.

The SEC agrees to invite Texas A&M:

My link

And it now seems Baylor has it's panties in a bunch over the whole deal, as they are threatening to sue the SEC if A&M leaves the Big12.

I get it. If the Big12 collapses, and the other teams flee to other conferences, Baylor is going to be stuck flapping in the wind.

Tough. Baylor, at some point, is going to have to realize they truly are irrelevant.

That, but also they figure they can probably get an easy paycheck from aTm by running their mouth. Make a big stink, and aTm will pay them off to go away, and they get some extra cash.

The real question now is how the other dominoes fall. Do we see OU, UT, and others going to the Pac-12? I can see the old big 12 being divided up between the SEC, Pac-12, and Big 10. But where does that leave room for a 4th superconference? The ACC and big east? PErhaps some conference USA teams?

That, but also they figure they can probably get an easy paycheck from aTm by running their mouth. Make a big stink, and aTm will pay them off to go away, and they get some extra cash.

IMHO, this is bigger than just "extra" cash to Baylor. If the Big12 falls apart, Baylor could lose out on millions.

The real question now is how the other dominoes fall. Do we see OU, UT, and others going to the Pac-12?

With the announcement of the Aggies leaving, Zero-U finally grew a sack has made some noise about leaving the Big12 and taking OSU, Texas, and Texas Tech with them to the Pac-12.

Texas may grumble about the move, but what other choice do they have? Go Independent? Football, yes, but the other sports would suffer big time.

I can see the old big 12 being divided up between the SEC, Pac-12, and Big 10. But where does that leave room for a 4th superconference? The ACC and big east? PErhaps some conference USA teams?

There have been reports the Big East has been sniffing around and are interested in Kansas, Kansas State, and Mizzou.

Do the math here: 10 teams, 1 goes to the SEC, 4 go to the PAC, and 3 go the Big East.

That leaves Baylor and Iowa State without a home. It becomes pretty clear why Baylor is making noise (and now Iowa State and Kansas).

IMHO, this is bigger than just "extra" cash to Baylor. If the Big12 falls apart, Baylor could lose out on millions.

With the announcement of the Aggies leaving, Zero-U finally grew a sack has made some noise about leaving the Big12 and taking OSU, Texas, and Texas Tech with them to the Pac-12.

Texas may grumble about the move, but what other choice do they have? Go Independent? Football, yes, but the other sports would suffer big time.

There have been reports the Big East has been sniffing around and are interested in Kansas, Kansas State, and Mizzou.

Do the math here: 10 teams, 1 goes to the SEC, 4 go to the PAC, and 3 go the Big East.

That leaves Baylor and Iowa State without a home. It becomes pretty clear why Baylor is making noise (and now Iowa State and Kansas).

Well, if one conference (Pac-12) goes to 16, i'm sure we'd see the others follow suit. Else you'd have a 16 team pac-12, a 13 team SEC, (i'd imagine they'd go to 14 at least) 12 team ACC/Big 10/big east. If they go to 16, 4 super conferences make sense.

In your scenario, i suppose its the ACC that would be cannibalized (not that i care, while i'm an FSU fan, i'm not one of those guys that waves the conference flag). I'd just prefer that FSU ends up in a decent conference, instead of the weak ass ACC. I wonder which potential super conference would make a run at them. Big 10, to get a foothold in the southeast? We're also always mentioned in any SEC expansion.

I've heard rumors of Mizzou and/or WVU to the SEC, along with the usual Clemson rumors. I've yet to figure out what excatly Clemson brings to the SEC to make them so deirable.

Rumor I heard was Texas and Notre Dame to Big 10.

Notre Dame to the Big10 isn't going to happen. ND has told the Big10 twice now - NO.

And quite frankly, why would they? ND has it good being in the Big East. Until ND's TV deal runs out, I don't see them going anywhere.

As for Texas to the Big10, not unless Texas drops the Longhorn Network.

If they are willing to toss it, then it means Texas sees the writing on the wall.

Texas is no longer the power broker in the Big12.

Turns out, the Sooners are really starting to flex some muscle:

I'll be darn, after 15 months of me constantly asking, "where are the Sooners in all this?" the Boomers suddenly spoke up and dropped a boom heard 'round the land.

Is that you, Mr. Dodds, now down there on bended knee?

Read more: http://www.star-tele...l#ixzz1XWRqtjq2

and

My link

Desperate times call for desperate measures, and eight of the nine remaining members of the Big 12 appear to be in agreement to have equal revenue sharing from the Tier 1 (ABC/ESPN) television contract that runs through 2015-16, multiple sources said.

Texas agreeing to equal revenue sharing? Wow.

Then again, it could be nothing more than a ploy by Texas to bide themselves some time.

This piece is eye opening on many levels:

My link

Well, if one conference (Pac-12) goes to 16, i'm sure we'd see the others follow suit. Else you'd have a 16 team pac-12, a 13 team SEC, (i'd imagine they'd go to 14 at least) 12 team ACC/Big 10/big east. If they go to 16, 4 super conferences make sense.

In your scenario, i suppose its the ACC that would be cannibalized (not that i care, while i'm an FSU fan, i'm not one of those guys that waves the conference flag). I'd just prefer that FSU ends up in a decent conference, instead of the weak ass ACC. I wonder which potential super conference would make a run at them. Big 10, to get a foothold in the southeast? We're also always mentioned in any SEC expansion.

I've heard rumors of Mizzou and/or WVU to the SEC, along with the usual Clemson rumors. I've yet to figure out what excatly Clemson brings to the SEC to make them so deirable.

Booby prize?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.