Cugalabanza

The Klinsmann era continues!

USA vs Costa Rica

Friday Sept. 2

11pm ET on ESPN2

USA vs Belgium

Tuesday Sept. 6

2:30pm ET on ESPN

I still can't believe it happened...I hope Herr Klinsmann can whoop some BUTTS on this team and take us to the next level!

I’m recording the Belgium game to watch after work tonight. That 0-1 loss to Costa Rica was pretty ugly. The U.S. played great in the first half, but could not finish. In the second half, they looked like a bunch of Bornsteins. Only a few guys played well: Tores, Shea, Aguedelo, Howard.

It’s just a friendly, but I’m feeling some urgency with today’s game. If Klinsmann is still winless after his first three, some ugly old doubt is gonna start creeping in.

I'm actually not worried about their lack of production right now. I expect Klinsmann to completely re-tool the way they approach their matches and the way they structure their attack. It will likely take time for them to implement a new philosophy and to play the way a world class team should play. He's also got a lot of work to do in terms of evaluating talent, as I'm sure he'll want to put his own stamp on this team and completely re-do what Bradley left behind.

Why are they playing on a Tuesday afternoon? This sport totally baffles me.

They played in Belgium, so it was actually Tuesday evening.

Oh, for some reason, I thought they've been playing in LA.

Often times European clubs will come to the US and have exhibitions with some of our MLS teams, or national teams will come over to have a friendly with us here...but often times it will be us that travels abroad, like today. Just depends on what they arrange, really.

First of all, !@#$ ESPN! Once again, they changed the game to a different channel at the last minute. I come home to a recording of some stupid nascar race. And then they don’t have any replays of the game. WTF?

I did watch some highlights and I read summaries and player grades. I guess I’m impatient to see some progress, but this is kind of disappointing. These are some tough growing pains sorting out the talent pool. There’s kind of an awkward disconnect between the older established players and all these young guys who look good briefly and then stink it up for several games in a row (yeah, I’m talking about you, Robbie Rogers, please take a seat).

Klinsmann still winless after three games. And only one goal to show for his new attacking style. I’m still hopeful, but this is not pretty right now.

First of all, !@#$ ESPN! Once again, they changed the game to a different channel at the last minute. I come home to a recording of some stupid nascar race. And then they don’t have any replays of the game. WTF?

I did watch some highlights and I read summaries and player grades. I guess I’m impatient to see some progress, but this is kind of disappointing. These are some tough growing pains sorting out the talent pool. There’s kind of an awkward disconnect between the older established players and all these young guys who look good briefly and then stink it up for several games in a row (yeah, I’m talking about you, Robbie Rogers, please take a seat).

Klinsmann still winless after three games. And only one goal to show for his new attacking style. I’m still hopeful, but this is not pretty right now.

My biggest fear is that the changes he maeks to the American soccer culture won't be evident until after he's gone. I really do think it will take some time to re-tool our approach and our style, I just really hope he's able to re-teach some of these players who are already used to the old ways. I have faith that by the time WC qualifiers begin in 2012, we'll be looking better. I have absolutely no doubt it was the right move to bring Herr Klinsmann in here...I just hope they give him enough time to get done what he needs to get done, cause you can bet ur butt he's goign to do things the right way and not take short cuts.

I really do think it will take some time to re-tool our approach and our style...

...cause you can bet ur butt he's goign to do things the right way and not take short cuts.

Yes. I'm just an impatient SOB. None of my teams ever seem to win anything. :lol:

We won't really know what we have until WC 2014.

Yes. I'm just an impatient SOB. None of my teams ever seem to win anything. :lol:

We won't really know what we have until WC 2014.

I'm with ya, brother...in my 39 years, I've been able to enjoy a world championship with one of my teams exactly once - the '95 Braves. Would love to see us become a legit power on the world stage in soccer...