Whats the word on Travis Henry? Is he out for the

I think Joe Burns is our most overrated player. Afraid we're stuck with Shaud and no run game Sunday.

The 49'ers Kevin Barlow is 30th in the league in rush yardage, and may rack up more yards than we will.

168954[/snapback]

funny, but that doesn't really bother me.......rudi had tons of yards and we still won in a blowout........color me unconcerned......besides, is barlow even starting now? i thought he lost his job......

Henry is not on IR which gived some possibility he can play, but more likely given the quick Bills reversal on saying he had a broken bone and then saying there was no break we never would put him on IR as this would hurt his trade value.

Still Travis has played through pain productively before and if in fact he is not as badly damaged as was first feared, there are few better opportunities for him to create a big pay day for himself and to help the team get trade value for him than to step up to the plate now against a weak SF team.

Even the folks on TSW who judge Henry to be a bad RB (a judgment which I think is contraindicated by his yardage production the past two years, by his having the toughness to play through a fracture, by 40+ receptions when we threw to him with more consistency in 2002, and by him being adequate at blitz pick-up the last two years as this was not hailed as a huge problem for us then) need to root for him to make an extraordinary comeback and produce this weekend. if you want him traded them root for him to tack 100+ on SF and he likely will be gone.

Henry is not on IR which gived some possibility he can play, but more likely given the quick Bills reversal on saying he had a broken bone and then saying there was no break we never would put him on IR as this would hurt his trade value.

Still Travis has played through pain productively before and if in fact he is not as badly damaged as was first feared, there are few better opportunities for him to create a big pay day for himself and to help the team get trade value for him than to step up to the plate now against a weak SF team.

Even the folks on TSW who judge Henry to be a bad RB (a judgment which I think is contraindicated by his yardage production the past two years, by his having the toughness to play through a fracture, by 40+ receptions when we threw to him with more consistency in 2002, and by him being adequate at blitz pick-up the last two years as this was not hailed as a huge problem for us then) need to root for him to make an extraordinary comeback and produce this weekend.  if you want him traded them root for him to tack 100+ on SF and he likely will be gone.

168983[/snapback]

Whether his blitz pickup was not hailed as a huge problem doesn't make it so. Travis is nothing more than an adequate receiver out of the backfield, regardless of his number of catches in 2002.