Are we that good? Or are Jags that bad?

Actually it was 4th and 3 when the fake pass interference was called. YES FAKE. Lets forget about this fake call, point 2 is more sound.

Point 2. Announcers concurred about that play not happening in the REGULAR SEASON. They would have punted. Bills have plenty of time to possibly add more points. (20-3 or 24-3?)If I remember correctly Steve said something like this, "this play is only taking place to give the first team offense more playing time" IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A PUNT in regular season.

So yes, the score should have been minimum at 17-3. Handily, yes, imo.

Ahhhh I see the refs hate the Bills version of handily ... indeed :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who OVER react to preseason football - we are that good. For those who understand what preseason football is- we are not that good and either is Jacksonville. It's the Jerry Sullivan spin if we play great or win then the opponent stunk, was missing key players and/or over looked the bills. If we play poorly and lose then well the bills are a joke etc. Doesn't matter when regular season or preseason

Gailey said Buffalo game planned for the Jags and wanted a win to build some confidence for the team and the fans. The Jags were probably just evaluating talent.

Right, and Denver probably spent all summer planning for the Bills... :rolleyes::-) my guess is the Bills are somewhere in between prepared and unprepared for the opener in 12 days, but the same could be probably be said for the Chiefs.

You're going to upset the "3 yards and a cloud of dust is the way the Bills should play football" crowd with your suggestions on how Gailey is designing/running the offense.

I have been upsetting that crowd since I have been here...so this is nothing new. I am sorry, but the NFL has changed. Call it decrease in talent, call it bigger, faster, stronger players, call it simply innovation. Call it whatever you want: the NFL has changed.

Hell, how many of you will use/have used your first pick in fantasy on a RB this year? In the 1990/2000s, that was law. In fact, depending on when you drafted, you used your first 2 picks on RB. Not now. Now, you better look at QB, as there are only a very few RBs worth a first round pick. Now its about having 4 good WRs that you can mix and match each week, and the RBs you do take better be productive in the passing game or you are going to get stomped on.*

Why? Because the NFL is now a passing league. It's the exact opposite of the 80s, Frankenstein, NY Giant football :rolleyes: The run is the "mix up" play, passing is the default. You know who started that "pass first" thinking? The 1989-1995 Buffalo Bills. :D So, I find it highly ironic, that the "3 yards" people continue to insist that our weather, of all things, means we should not pass first. I find it ironic that they want to reject the offensive methodology we have had the most success with by far in the entire history of the club. It's clearly ironic that they seem to insist on us dumbing down our offense, when we have a coach who has made highly specialized plays for his players and meet with high success for a long time in this league.

* Fantasy is a bad tool for judging lots of things. However, it is a perfect tool for determining the direction the league is going on offense.

Right, and Denver probably spent all summer planning for the Bills... :rolleyes::-) my guess is the Bills are somewhere in between prepared and unprepared for the opener in 12 days, but the same could be probably be said for the Chiefs.

Yes, Denver did gameplan for the Bills. They wanted to show off their quarterback and get a win. Buffalo was just evaluating talent in that game

Actually it was 4th and 3 when the fake pass interference was called. YES FAKE. Lets forget about this fake call, point 2 is more sound.

Point 2. Announcers concurred about that play not happening in the REGULAR SEASON. They would have punted. Bills have plenty of time to possibly add more points. (20-3 or 24-3?)If I remember correctly Steve said something like this, "this play is only taking place to give the first team offense more playing time" IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A PUNT in regular season.

So yes, the score should have been minimum at 17-3. Handily, yes, imo.

Ah, are you one of those guys who counts those 3 point losses as victories as well?

The only thing that matters is the score and what actually happened, not a bunch of "what ifs" or "close calls" or whatever. It was 17-10 at half time, it could have been a more lopsided score in our favor, but there were also close plays that could have gone against us (Fitz to Easley could have been intercepted, for example).

In *reality*, in the *actual game*, the score was 17-10. I was happy with what I saw, but at the same time, we gave up some really silly plays/yards/points against a BAD team. We need to cut that out if we want to be good during the *real* season.

Ah, are you one of those guys who counts those 3 point losses as victories as well?

The only thing that matters is the score and what actually happened, not a bunch of "what ifs" or "close calls" or whatever. It was 17-10 at half time, it could have been a more lopsided score in our favor, but there were also close plays that could have gone against us (Fitz to Easley could have been intercepted, for example).

In *reality*, in the *actual game*, the score was 17-10. I was happy with what I saw, but at the same time, we gave up some really silly plays/yards/points against a BAD team. We need to cut that out if we want to be good during the *real* season.

no. even though i sound like that kind of person. i only reason like that in preseason. because you know certain plays would not happen in regular season. "let's go for it on 4th and 28, what the heck, its presason"

in reality 17-10 wins the game anyway.

Dork are you one of those fans that thinks teams should be able to overcome bad ref calls and if they dont they they deserve to lose?

The bills are not THAT good yet.....two horrendus pass interference calls when the jags simply could not move the ball against us.

My theory on the game is had we kept starters against starters we would have pulled away and blew them out...they had no answer for us.

My theory on the game is had we kept starters against starters we would have pulled away and blew them out...they had no answer for us.

And everyone is entitled to their theory. Me, I'm looking forward to 9/11 (weird date to open the season huh) and seeing how the Bills do in a game that counts and the "its preseason" talk ends.

You really think Jack Del Rio cares about a preseason game for which "they had no answer for us?"

Preseason is such a tease. I recall last preseason when CJ Spiller and Trent Edwards looked unstoppable against the Colts starters in the first quarter of the 2nd preseason game.

Same goes for the third preseason game last year against the Bengals. Trent Edwards looked like a legitimate starting quarterback.

For some reason people still seem to think preseason means something.

Theres to much proof from past preseasons to show you can't measure much from these games.

What???????

Preseason score doesnt mean anything

Preseason game 3 first half ALWAYS means something. Its a good indicator. Ask the pats and see if they dont adjust their oline/playcalling/something after the bashing they received by the lions front 4.

Preseason also means evaluation

I am one of those persons who believe in preseason. Its not always a tease. Its not always accurate either. You are right. Cj looked good last year. Most years are pretty much on target though, imo.

The previous year before last for game 3 was vs steelers. We looked like a joke and our season was a joke too.