FRIVILOUS LAWSUIT # 564,832

erynthered

That father is a real piece of work. How is he even allowed to have any connection to suit like that one? If by some remote chance it was a legit complaint, that has to be the biggest conflict of interest imaginable.

Among the exhibits filed in the case is a birthday card Garrity sent her son, who in his lawsuit sought damages because the card was "inappropriate" and failed to include cash or a check. He also alleged she failed to send a card for years or, while he was in college, care packages.

On the front of the American Greetings card is a picture of tomatoes spread across a table that are indistinguishable except for one in the middle with craft-store googly eyes attached.

"Son I got you this Birthday card because it’s just like you ... different from all the rest!" the card reads. On the inside Garrity wrote "Have a great day! Love & Hugs, Mom xoxoxo."

Oh, these little **** kids! I'll give 'em something to cry about!

on the bright side, these kids have announced publicly there are no limits to their douchiness.

Am I the only one who reads this and thinks it is the father that is the real "brains" behind this whole joke of a lawsuit? It's basically one big slap in the face to his ex-wife.

Those cookies my mom baked when I was 10 sucked.

Anyone a Lawyer? Do I have a case here?

Actually your momma just left my office and it looks like she might get damages for intentional infliction of emotional distress for those hideous clay dishes you brought to her from second grade.... :rolleyes:

Actually your momma just left my office and it looks like she might get damages for intentional infliction of emotional distress for those hideous clay dishes you brought to her from second grade.... :rolleyes:

BOOM goes the dynamite!

on the bright side the case was dismissed. I wonder if there were costs or sanctions for filing a frivolous suit. Shameful.

Apparently not.

"The Cook County judge who ruled on the case, Kathy Flanagan, declined to assess sanctions against Miner"

That actually kind of pisses me off. No wonder people will waste a court's time over anything knowing repercussions are not an issue. If I'm Ms Flanagan those pathetic brats are picking up roadside trash for several hundred hours and that Dad is paying everybody's attorney's fees, extensive court costs for time wasted and as significant of a financial penalty as I can legally drop on him.

Apparently not.

"The Cook County judge who ruled on the case, Kathy Flanagan, declined to assess sanctions against Miner"

That actually kind of pisses me off. No wonder people will waste a court's time over anything knowing repercussions are not an issue. If I'm Ms Flanagan those pathetic brats are picking up roadside trash for several hundred hours and that Dad is paying everybody's attorney's fees, extensive court costs for time wasted and as significant of a financial penalty as I can legally drop on him.

See that is the thing Simon... Can she assess sanctions being this is a case that appears to be " a first." Now if some other lawyer continues to go here in other cases?

Yet... I would have loved to see it happen (the sanctions)!