Announcers - could be worse

After Bills game, watched a few minutes of 49er-Texans pre-season game on NFL network.

There was one of those trivia questions...what team won the most AFL championships. Both announcer "guessed" at it. The first commentator said he thought it was the Baltimore Colts, and his colleague stated he was going to guess the same. WHAT?!?!?!? Real football historians we have here, huh?

You'd think they could at least guess a team that was in the AFL.

After providing the answer (Dallas Texans/Kansas City Chiefs - who won 3 AFL championships), they went on to praise Tex Schram (twice)for the great teams he fielded.

Ummmm....you think maybe they meant Hank Stram? Ya sure it wasn't Jack Ham, Brad Lamb, or Sam Bam Cunningham? WTF?

That was all within about 2 minutes of viewing. Couldn't watch any more.

What are the qualifications for being a TV announcer for preseason games? Obviously, having your facts straight isn't one of them.

So, next time you beat up on the jobs done by Bentley, Tasker, Wilcotts, or whoever....it could be worse.

Edited by DML2005

After Bills game, watched a few minutes of 49er-Texans pre-season game on NFL network.

There was one of those trivia questions...what team won the most AFL championships. Both announcer "guessed" at it. The first commentator said he thought it was the Baltimore Colts, and his colleague stated he was going to guess the same. WHAT?!?!?!? Real football historians we have here, huh?

You'd think they could at least guess a team that was in the AFL.

After providing the answer (Dallas Texans/Kansas City Chiefs - who won 3 AFL championships), they went on to praise Tex Schram (twice)for the great teams he fielded.

Ummmm....you think maybe they meant Hank Stram? Ya sure it wasn't Jack Ham, Brad Lamb, or Sam Bam Cunningham? WTF?

That was all within about 2 minutes of viewing. Couldn't watch any more.

What are the qualifications for being a TV announcer for preseason games? Obviously, having your facts straight isn't one of them.

So, next time you beat up on the jobs done by Bentley, Tasker, Wilcotts, or whoever....it could be worse.

I havn't been paying attention, but are people criticizing the Bills broadcast team? I have to say, I think Steve Tasker has improved, sound wise, and he is making more fluent, salient points than he used to, on the big network broadcasts. And, I think Ray Bentley is really good. He knows the game, and, is it me, or doesn't his voice sound a bit like Don Criqui? I know Criqui is getting long in the tooth, but, back in the day, when the Bills were relevant nationally, Criqui, Marv Albert, were like the "national voices" of the Bills. I like Bentley...does anyone know if he does games regularly anywhere? College maybe?