Lindell wins it for Jaguars

Beerball

Wow! Just WOW! It's one thing to get a title wrong, quite another to run with it throughout the article while creating 'teammate Scobee'. Are there ANY quality sports writers left?? (rhetorical. the answer is a resounding NO)

On another point, the Jag announcers had the OT rules completely wrong and we're building up to a Jag win with Scobee's kick. It was so disturbingly wrong, a part of me wished the kick was good so they could say 'GAME OVER! WE WIN!', just to watch the ensuing train wreck when the Jags Kicked off to give the Bills a shot at tying..

Wow! Just WOW! It's one thing to get a title wrong, quite another to run with it throughout the article while creating 'teammate Scobee'. Are there ANY quality sports writers left?? (rhetorical. the answer is a resounding NO)

On another point, the Jag announcers had the OT rules completely wrong and we're building up to a Jag win with Scobee's kick. It was so disturbingly wrong, a part of me wished the kick was good so they could say 'GAME OVER! WE WIN!', just to watch the ensuing train wreck when the Jags Kicked off to give the Bills a shot at tying..

I watched the Bills' feed and Tasker and Bently were saying that the new OT rule only takes effect in the playoffs. They stated that the old rules still apply in pre and regular season play.

I watched the Bills' feed and Tasker and Bently were saying that the new OT rule only takes effect in the playoffs. They stated that the old rules still apply in pre and regular season play.

I must have heard them say that. Hell, I don't keep up with every rule change. Figured no OT in preseason.

Thought game was over at 0:00 mark of 4th quarter, tied at 32-32.

Turned it off (wathing streaming video on net)

Saw the score this morning, 35-32 OT...What the?

I'm usually the first to be an apologist for annoucers who get scrutinized and criticized for every error (who's perfect?), but these guys are just not big on details.

side note: I like Tasker and all, but he really goes overboard the opposite direction in his attempts at not being a homer.

Edited by DML2005

That is so awesome, just goes to show you most football fans know more than the media

That's more than just not knowing who the kickers are. There's a friggin picture with the article showing Lindell kicking it over the Jags defenders.

"Lindell's three-pointer in overtime came after team-mate Josh Scobee has earlier missed a 53-yard attempt to win the contest."

After he missed that kick you had to know they were going to give their other FG kicker a chance to win it - looks like Lindell earned the job......

To be fair it looks like it is an Australian news site and you could probably dig up some U.S. articles that horribly mangle the results of various cricket matches......

Edited by The Avenger

To be fair it looks like it is an Australian news site and you could probably dig up some U.S. articles that horribly mangle the results of various cricket matches......

Not fair enough, but I understand.

Damn! Even when we win, we can't win..:wacko:

Seems to me it is one of those auto-feed, fill in the blanks-type stories you see popping up on websites these days that are written by computers. Maybe a human didnt write it.

Edited by GOBILLS78

If the kick was good....tha game was over.