Great game, Nate...

Kelly the Dog

I have a tendency to get on Nate for being a hotdog and giving up as many big plays as he makes but he was terrific yesterday and aside from his public brainfarts has been playing very good ball. So this is a public admission I may soon be on the Clements bandwagon. I always thought he could be a great player, but just wasn't, and his ego prevented it by trying to make the highlight play. Here's to hoping he's turned that corner and can be the dominant player he should be. He was awesome yesterday against a great receiver.

I can't remember the play, but I was left impressed with Nate. It was either a fumble or an interception by Nate, and he could have tried running with it, but he just dropped to the ground so he wouldn't fumble. That is impressive for a showboater like Nate.

Also, I was impressed with another showboater: Takeo. After his TD, he went to the sideline and sat down, and not even a glimmer of a smile. The guy was focused and determined. Mularkey has these guys playing hungry.

I can't remember the play, but I was left impressed with Nate.  It was either a fumble or an interception by Nate, and he could have tried running with it, but he just dropped to the ground so he wouldn't fumble.  That is impressive for a showboater like Nate.

168700[/snapback]

All that shows is he learned his lesson. A few weeks ago, he tried picking one up and failed badly at it...can't remember the specifics, but it definitely happened.

Truth is, regardless of what happens this year, we've had some nice personal milestones on defense. Whether we stopped Jerry Rice's reception streak, held Alexander (the #1 rusher in the league at the time) to 39 yards in Seattle, or held Johnson (the #1 receiver in the league as of yesterday morning) to 10 yards receiving...we just seem to take the playmakers out of the games.

Very proud of these little things.