Why so much hate for ex-Bills?

Right but if you are building and 9-10 guys fit the scheme your hoping to employ it makes sense to get value out of the one. Not a crazy concept.

Might not be the case here though. I just don't know he's the type of player at his age and skillset that you change the course for unless you can't get anything. I've been torn on this one.

so, you agree unless you don't agree? who are the 9-10 players who fit this scheme?

yes, i think that a good coach should employ a "system" that best fits the abilities of his players. not a crazy concept.

For me, it's all about how they leave Blo. If they are respectful, then I wish them well. If they start bashing on the city or the team, then they can suck it. I was an RJ supporter until I heard him whining endlessly when he went to Tampa or wherever...Losman had nothing but positive things to say about Blo...he considered it his adoptive hometown. McGahee is a punk. I want to see Lee thrive in Bmore and I hope Poz does well with the Jags, especially since I think we've upgraded our interior backers after he left.

For me, it's all about how they leave Blo. If they are respectful, then I wish them well. If they start bashing on the city or the team, then they can suck it. I was an RJ supporter until I heard him whining endlessly when he went to Tampa or wherever...Losman had nothing but positive things to say about Blo...he considered it his adoptive hometown. McGahee is a punk. I want to see Lee thrive in Bmore and I hope Poz does well with the Jags, especially since I think we've upgraded our interior backers after he left.

This is pretty much exactly it. I really will be rooting for Evans because he was my favorite Bill - a good guy and super talented IMO. Losman I'd love to see make it somehow. I'll root for Whitner because he gave his all for us, and he got humbled by free agency. I won't root for Poz because he didn't get humbled - he got ridiculously overpaid for being mediocre. I just want the Jags to pay for overpaying him.

This is pretty much exactly it. I really will be rooting for Evans because he was my favorite Bill - a good guy and super talented IMO. Losman I'd love to see make it somehow. I'll root for Whitner because he gave his all for us, and he got humbled by free agency. I won't root for Poz because he didn't get humbled - he got ridiculously overpaid for being mediocre. I just want the Jags to pay for overpaying him.

If Barnett stays healthy, we definitely got the better end of Poz leaving...that goes for our LBers as a whole, actually...if they stay healthy, I love that group and I love our front 7 in general. What a huge difference from last year!

If Barnett stays healthy, we definitely got the better end of Poz leaving...that goes for our LBers as a whole, actually...if they stay healthy, I love that group and I love our front 7 in general. What a huge difference from last year!

Good post AJ. I agree with what you said in your other post. It just pissed me off with all the Evans is old, past his prime, didn't catch many balls (can't catch it if it's not thrown to you). Lee deserved better than that.

Good post AJ. I agree with what you said in your other post. It just pissed me off with all the Evans is old, past his prime, didn't catch many balls (can't catch it if it's not thrown to you). Lee deserved better than that.

Heck yeah, I think given all that Lee had to go through while he was here (multiple QBs, new OCs, HCs, etc) he was a model citizen. Even if he requested the trade, I have no hard feelings toward the guy at all. I'm really glad he went to a team I enjoy watching, cause I just can't continue to root for former Bills when they head to South Beach or Beantown lol. Now that Willis has moved on, I like the Ravens even more...I think Lee is a great fit for them and the fans will love the guy just as we did.

In the meantime, we have some young guys to be excited about...after seeing Easley bust out tonight, I am excited to finally see what he can do for us. I like bigger receivers and we're in good shape with guys like Easley, Donald Jones, and Kamar Aiken...hopefully at least two of the three turn into legit player for us. But I'll also be watching Lee haul in long bombs from Flacco while he's wearing the purple and black.

I think the degree of 'hate' - if that's what is is - depends on the circumstances under which the player left (i.e., Jason Peters) and/or their attitude toward the team/city/fans (i.e., McGahee).

Guys like Marshawn Lynch, Sammy Morris, Lee Evans, Paul Posluszny - even Spikes, Fletcher, T.O. - I don't think they're 'hated' in the same venomous way as guys who constantly want more money and hold the team hostage to get it, or guys who bad-mouth the city and fans. JMO.

Buffalo Bills fans are the worst haters in the league. They hate so completely and blindly that they can't even acknowledge that anyone we have ever let go because they wanted to get paid were worth it. They are like whiney ex girl friends after they get dumped. I saw some post somewhere where a fan of another team was joking about putting together a great team with the people we trade away or let walk. You know what? It's 1000% true. Honestly not every player we have let go was worth the money but many of them were.

I read an article that someone in this forum provided a link to which sadly really opened my eyes. It dealt with the concept that a losing team that spent well under the cap could actually make more money than a winning team that spent to the cap. The concept was based upon every NFL team getting television revenue and selling some base percentage of their tickets which is the case. If a team annually spends 5, 10, 15 million under the cap every year that effectively is almost PURE PROFIT! Teams can up their income/reduce their expenditures and make more money than other teams that are perennial winners.

Meanwhile our fans drink the Kool Aide and argue about greedy, lazy, fat, "thug" non team players that don't deserve to be on the GREAT Bills team and enjoy the sunny warm weather, the night life and the beautiful beach body women. They even question the validity of probowl nominations saying it is a popularity contest. If it is a popularity contest how does unpopular as hell Buffalo and Buffalo Bills players ever make it????? What is really going on is that any player that becomes any good and wants fair market value for their services is shown the door. Why? Not because they aren't worth the money but because the team is more profitable by over paying for mediocre and never paying for elite. Instead of the fan base holding the organization's feet to the fire for getting rid of the good guys we actually are DUMB enough to applaud them for not giving in to these greedy players and sing their praises for getting rid of "thug" player "X" or saying it was time to get rid of player "Y" because they have some pet practice squad or late round draft pick guy they are pulling for that should be starting.

IDIOTS!!!!!

Now they probably won't even extend Kyle Williams!

It's not really apt to say it's badmouthing Lee Evans to say that he doesn't fit the system. His numbers kind of bear that out over the last few seasons. I love Lee Evans and hope he does well with the Ravens, but at this point, frankly, I'm more excited to see the young receivers -- as a UB alum am happy to see Namaan likely make the team (and he looked good in the games he played and from what i've heard in pre-season). Ok, maybe I'll regret these words if SJ is double-teamed and we're 3 and out most drives, but Jones, Nelson, and Roosevelt were all exciting to watch and helped make last year's 4-12 season more watchable and hopeful than that dreadful array of moribund 7-9/6-10 Jauron teams.

I agree with you on that. Lee was the Rock on the offense like Poz was that on the D. Both were very good here in buffalo, well recieved in the community, but their talents no longer fit the direction. Its sucks because they were so respected and personally would have loved to see them both retire here in Buffalo, but I would rather see wins. THis young WR core could be very exciting if they get confident and the o line holds up

I think the degree of 'hate' - if that's what is is - depends on the circumstances under which the player left (i.e., Jason Peters) and/or their attitude toward the team/city/fans (i.e., McGahee).

Guys like Marshawn Lynch, Sammy Morris, Lee Evans, Paul Posluszny - even Spikes, Fletcher, T.O. - I don't think they're 'hated' in the same venomous way as guys who constantly want more money and hold the team hostage to get it, or guys who bad-mouth the city and fans. JMO.

Spikes had some bad things to say on his way out, so I put him on the hate list. TO had some great things to say, so I rooted for him (even though I hated his effort in Buffalo). I always like seeing Fletcher do well. He was a gamer here and still is.