Which is the better seat location?

BUFFALOKIE

Getting ready to purchase tickets to Chiefs vs Bills on opening day for my son, father and self.

I can only afford the cheep seats. For a bunch of first timers, would you recommend the upper deck between the 20's, or on the lower deck in the endzone. I sorta like the idea of being the standout bills fan in the endzone that Stevie high fives after a TD. It would be pretty cool for my son to get on TV too. But I would also like to see the other end of the field.

What do you think?

GO BILLS!!!

Forgot to mention - I have been to only one game before, when I was 7 - 1980 win vs the Phins when the posts came down!!!

Edited by Stranger in a Strange Land

I would choose between the 20s upper every time. Lower end zones make it very hard to see the action at the other end of the field.

Lower seats, when the action is in your end, the view is awesome. But sometimes the entire game is played at the wrong end. I sit in Rockpile 241.

PTR

Everyone has their own preference. I'd prefer to be behind the Bills bench on the lower level about 15 rows up so you can see over the players during plays and see/hear them between plays.

Here's the Arrowhead seating chart. If you click and hold on a section it shows the view of the field from mid-section. I'm very excited to have tickets at the front of section 346 (purchased off Craig's List).

http://www.kcchiefs.com/tickets/seating.html

The game is in Kansas City, so I don't think a seating chart of The Ralph will help here.

By the way, I'd pick the upper/between the 20's. Just because you're in the end zone doesn't mean you'll make it to the railing IF Stevie scores in that end zone. Plus, you'll be able to see the game a lot better from the side- almost like the TV presentation.

Everyone has their own preference. I'd prefer to be behind the Bills bench on the lower level about 15 rows up so you can see over the players during plays and see/hear them between plays.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/tickets/seating.html

I dont think you can hear the players even when you are 15 rows away in our stadium. I sit behind our side and have never thought that you can hear them.

To the op question though, the upper deck at the 20 is the way to go here. You get a pretty decent sightline of the entire field. Unless you are talking about sitting at the top of the upper deck then I would go lower bowl endzone. My seats are at the twenty and you see the far end of the field nicely and the close end like your living room!

IMHO ..... seats at the 20 gives a bad sightline to a large part of the field, also because of the point of view it's difficult to really see the recievers routes and the lines blocking scheme. If you are looking for low cost seats, I'd pick end zone ... but not lower ... I'd go up quite a bit. High end zone seats will give you a perspective on the "paterns" of the game that you just can't get at the sidelines or on TV.

A while back I took my son to a game in Jax, he is at the point of starting to want to really understand the game as opposed to watching the game purely from the prospective of following the ball. We started at the 50 to give him a feel of the live game atmosphere/excitement, but at halftime we moved to the endzone (lot's of empty seats at Jax) so he could see the route trees, the lines blocking stunts, and see the hole for the running backs open up real time. He commented after the game that it seemed to be an all together different game.

The biggest downside of endzone seats is that no matter which end you sit at the action will always be at the other end. :angry:

Our seasons are in the second row of the upper deck, around the 25 yard line, seats 3&4. I absolutely love the view, We were in the lower bowl for years, around the 25, but between the Van Miller wanna-be behind us who would provide a full blown amateur radio call on every play, and the fact that we were in the center of the row, we moved about 10 years ago. Upper deck gives you a full view of the game.