Two Plus Two Still Equals Four

Call me all the names you want, but can someone tell me how a political party will win elections by dogmatically sticking to views that are very unpopular with the people that vote? There is a reason SS, Medicare, the military and other government programs are untouchable, namely, the people like them. They have gone after the teachers, the police, the firefighters, heck, they even think we need to "expand the tax base" and make the poor and middle class pay more. You can only hope and do so much to try and keep the economy bad for so long.

Did anyone catch Eric Cantor stating that Federal Disaster relief must be paid for with layoffs to government workers someplace else? Gees, where was that attitude when the Iraq war was going full $cale?

Fine if you agree with all that, no problem at all. I'm glad this has finally happened. I've been seeing this for years and years on the internet, but now for the first time you have a guy running for President, leading in polls to capture his nomination, who is calling SS unconstitutional and a ponzi scheme. Ummm...ok, great! But don't expect him to win. Obama will kill Perry in the election. And all those Republicans that signed Paul Ryan's budget? Bye bye.

My prediction for 2012 is a major Democratic sweep with all three branches of government going Democratic.

2+2=4

There is a reason SS, Medicare, the military and other government programs are untouchable, namely, the people like them.

Thanks connor_in_Norfolk. I bet 'the people' would also like it if the government bought everyone free donuts every Friday. :doh:

I'll get the ball rolling and save some other posters some time.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You're an idiot and a !@#$ing moron!

Carp-----Bad.

Youse guys are to dum too underestimate the issues.

Check my link to another flash mob. youthsfromafrica@aol.com

Call me all the names you want,

Okay, you festering boil. I can do that for you, you festering bucket of pus.

but can someone tell me how a political party will win elections by dogmatically sticking to views that are very unpopular with the people that vote? There is a reason SS, Medicare, the military and other government programs are untouchable, namely, the people like them. They have gone after the teachers, the police, the firefighters, heck, they even think we need to "expand the tax base" and make the poor and middle class pay more. You can only hope and do so much to try and keep the economy bad for so long.

That's the reason you don't deserve a response other than name-calling, you !@#$ing moron. The entire premise of your question is fraught with enough ridiculous, thoughtless bias that it's immediately clear that any sort of reasonable discussion with you is impossible, potato head. No one's "gone after firefighters", they've gone after spending. And no one's trying to "keep the economy bad for so long." How in the hell do you expect anyone to engage you rationally when you've dogmatized the discussion before it's even begun?

This is why people consider you a !@#$ing idiot, you !@#$ing idiot.

Did anyone catch Eric Cantor stating that Federal Disaster relief must be paid for with layoffs to government workers someplace else? Gees, where was that attitude when the Iraq war was going full $cale?

:lol: There should be layoffs everytime an serious unpredictable event occurs? "The Washington Monument and National Cathedral were damaged in an earthquake this week, causing Health and Human Services to lay off 100 people to cover expense related to the damage. In other news, a hurricane's bearing down on the East Coast; FEMA is preparing for any emergencies while the National Parks Service prepares to lay off 5000 people to free up emergency response funding." Cantor's quite possibly a bigger idiot than you are.

My prediction for 2012 is a major Democratic sweep with all three branches of government going Democratic.

2+2=4

Oh, Dave, now who's being naieve? You're really predicting that the 2012 election will be a referendum on Republican policies, with a Democratic Senate and White House, and 9+% unemployment?

That's simply not how the world works. :lol:

Um, could a Mod pin this thread.

This should be good.

Oh, Dave, now who's being naieve? You're really predicting that the 2012 election will be a referendum on Republican policies, with a Democratic Senate and White House, and 9+% unemployment?

No need to pin it...this pretty much sums it up.

Actually, when Republican policies are so unpopular, YES! Like it or not, they stepped in it full force with the Ryan budget and now having Mr. Faboulous leading in the polls. Your anger is proof enough really that I am right. Touching a nerve with the truth is awesome!

Love you line about "people thinking I'm an idiot." :w00t: Who? You? Ha ha ha!! At 30k yet boy?

Actually, when Republican policies are so unpopular, YES! Like it or not, they stepped in it full force with the Ryan budget and now having Mr. Faboulous leading in the polls. Your anger is proof enough really that I am right. Touching a nerve with the truth is awesome!

Love you line about "people thinking I'm an idiot." :w00t: Who? You? Ha ha ha!! At 30k yet boy?

Angry? :lol: I'm not angry, I'm entertained. And you're a loon.

And it's not that I expect the Republicans to win the Senate or White House, either...but after four years of record deficits, high unemployment, and economic stagnation, how on earth do you possibly justify "The Democrats will sweep everything!" based on some half-assed supposition that no one likes Republicans? That runs counter to virtually everything that's happened in the history of the country.

The only possible explanation is, like I said, you're a loon.

And thanks for demonstrating, again as I said, that you didn't want a discussion, merely validation.

If it were anyone but Dave I'd find it incredulous that people who think you can slash a trillion and a half dollars from a 600 billion dollar budget and/or tax a trillion dollars out of 120 billion dollars of income, are giving remedial math lessons. It is Dave though, so I'll just consider the source.

I've never seen a better opportunity for 3rd parties and independents - The Republicans are unpopular (people thought cutting meant waste, fraud,inefficiencies, programs that are outdated or nonsensical , subsidies to fat cats, etc) when they find cutting means medicaid, head start, PELL grants, and more importantly Social Security and Medicare they are very unhappy, AARPians are pissed and they vote plus while it's not true of this board most people have mothers and fathers- Rand followers of course were self created owing no debt of gratitude to anybody.

Obama has made a calculation that his base has nowhere to go- recently Fareed Zakaria made the rounds basically saying Obama did the best he could and his base was being ridiculous for being pissed- to which the normally well thought of Zakaria got a lot of !@#$ you! stop trying to tell me chicken **** is chicken salad type comments. Polls have shown that Obama has lost support in the Hispanic community and even Black support has weakened- I expect Obama will soon go on a charm offensive but I doubt it will be overly effective, he is perceived more and more as a weakling or a wall street shill, inept or complicit or quoting The Rabbi "My father used to say: "The first time someone calls you a horse you punch him on the nose, the second time someone calls you a horse you call him a jerk but the third time someone calls you a horse, well then perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle."

I've never seen a better opportunity for 3rd parties and independents - The Republicans are unpopular (people thought cutting meant waste, fraud,inefficiencies, programs that are outdated or nonsensical , subsidies to fat cats, etc) when they find cutting means medicaid, head start, PELL grants, and more importantly Social Security and Medicare they are very unhappy, AARPians are pissed and they vote plus while it's not true of this board most people have mothers and fathers- Rand followers of course were self created owing no debt of gratitude to anybody.

Obama has made a calculation that his base has nowhere to go- recently Fareed Zakaria made the rounds basically saying Obama did the best he could and his base was being ridiculous for being pissed- to which the normally well thought of Zakaria got a lot of !@#$ you! stop trying to tell me chicken **** is chicken salad type comments. Polls have shown that Obama has lost support in the Hispanic community and even Black support has weakened- I expect Obama will soon go on a charm offensive but I doubt it will be overly effective, he is perceived more and more as a weakling or a wall street shill, inept or complicit or quoting The Rabbi "My father used to say: "The first time someone calls you a horse you punch him on the nose, the second time someone calls you a horse you call him a jerk but the third time someone calls you a horse, well then perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle."

He's pretty much always on the "charm offensive" isn't he? He's decent at speeches I'll give him that. That's where it ends though.

He's pretty much always on the "charm offensive" isn't he? He's decent at speeches I'll give him that. That's where it ends though.

most politicians are always on a charm offensive- I'm speaking to a charm offensive for his base supporters (all us lefty liberal progressives)- he has been wooing independents and conservatives ( to no or very little effect) already.

As a laid off festering loon boil, I'm getting more yanked off than Barney Frank in a Lumberjack, Lights Out, Texas Bullrope, Anything Goes, Looser Leave Town, Rectal Irrigation, Steel Cage Death Match. Where is Ross Perot when we need him?

"What he needs is to get whupped upside the head with a five hunnerd dollar hammer."