"This is a Super Bowl Caliber Defense"

stevestojan

Yes... it is  a SB def... and a SB ST unit.  Too bad we don't even have an average offense... let alone a SB one.

168568[/snapback]

So tell me, did the Ravens have a Super Bowl caliber offense when they won?

I'd just like to know.

Defense, not Jesus, and not a quarterback, wins you championships. If the D can play this well and we can get the ball in Evans' hands enough, we can do some damage.

Defense, not Jesus, and not a quarterback, wins you championships.  If the D can play this well and we can get the ball in Evans' hands enough, we can do some damage.

168573[/snapback]

"..not Jesus"...

I love how players always do the uncomfortable and thank Jesus after a win... (Boxers are also notorious for this)... I'm still waiting for the guy that loses to blame him.... "Well, I would have won, but apparently Jesus had even money on the other guy!"

I love it when the national media is jocking the bills. Unlike Ray Lewis and the Ravens or TO and the Eagles, we need to win a b unch of games to gay play from the media, but when we do I think it feels better. The national sports media are just a bunch of hookers.

This inspires a new signature line: "Bitches ain't sh-- but hos and tricks" -snoop dogg, i believe

"..not Jesus"...

I love how players always do the uncomfortable and thank Jesus after a win... (Boxers are also notorious for this)... I'm still waiting for the guy that loses to blame him....  "Well, I would have won, but apparently Jesus had even money on the other guy!"

168586[/snapback]

Yeah, I have no problem with true believers, but I've got a real problem with the idea that God would let some people starve while he's watching the Rams game.

Yeah, I have no problem with true believers, but I've got a real problem with the idea that God would let some people starve while he's watching the Rams game.

168595[/snapback]

"Yeah, I have no problem with true believers"

Of course not...

"but I've got a real problem with the idea that God would let some people starve while he's watching the Rams game."

And if i was a true believer, I would be disgusted by athletes who thank God or Jesus for "giving me the talent" .. etc.

Yeah, Im sure Jesus was thinking "let me have this young man turn out to be a pro athlete, making millions to win or lose a game"... "aaaaand, give this one a cardboard box on the street".

Anyway, that's my rant...

Go BIlls.

So tell me, did the Ravens have a Super Bowl caliber offense when they won?

I'd just like to know.

Defense, not Jesus, and not a quarterback, wins you championships.  If the D can play this well and we can get the ball in Evans' hands enough, we can do some damage.

168573[/snapback]

I'm just curious - why do you mention the 2000 Ravens but not last year's Pats or the 99 Rams or the 98 Broncos or the 95 49ers or the Cowboys or the 91 Redskins....

The Ravens are the ONLY example of a weak offense winning the SB in the last 13 years.

No it's not sarcasm...

Name another "average at best" offense that has won the SB recently. Maybe the 2001 Pats, although that will always be with an asterisk next to that "trophy" thanks to Walt Coleman. The strength of the 2002 Bucs was obviously their defense, but their offense wasn't exactly a liability in the postseason either.

No it's not sarcasm...

Name another "average at best" offense that has won the SB recently.  Maybe the 2001 Pats, although that will always be with an asterisk next to that "trophy" thanks to Walt Coleman.  The strength of the 2002 Bucs was obviously their defense, but their offense wasn't exactly a liability in the postseason either.

168643[/snapback]

you're 100% right.

If we don't start scoring at least FIFTY points a game, I still say this offense sucks.

(yes, blatent sarcasm)

I'm just curious - why do you mention the 2000 Ravens but not last year's Pats or the 99 Rams or the 98 Broncos or the 95 49ers or the Cowboys or the 91 Redskins....

The Ravens are the ONLY example of a weak offense winning the SB in the last 13 years.

168617[/snapback]

I want to know why your point is that it's "only" been done once in the last 13 years. Once is all it needs to be to know that there is a chance. You know our chances are slim here anyway. But to deny that chance and say "there's no chance we can win a Super Bowl with Bledsoe" is to deny yourself some of the fun of the NFL. Anything CAN happen. And this defense is playing well enough that you can believe in it -- and they give the offense some real chances to succeed. We've been winning games because they have been doing that more often.

Oh, c'mon..don't you remember how the commentators were all speculating that they were going to struggle in the playoffs b/c of their O? Then they exploded...the Bucs that is...

They were 24th in the NFL in total offense in 2002.

The Ravens were ranked 21st in total offense in 2000.

No it's not sarcasm...

Name another "average at best" offense that has won the SB recently.  Maybe the 2001 Pats, although that will always be with an asterisk next to that "trophy" thanks to Walt Coleman.  The strength of the 2002 Bucs was obviously their defense, but their offense wasn't exactly a liability in the postseason either.

168643[/snapback]

Show me how ours has been a liability lately? Bledsoe threw a few picks against the Seahawks, and we had some ball-control issues in a bad weather game against Cleveland. Other than that, they're not exactly giving up the game. They made many more brilliant plays against the Seahawks, rescued the D in a game Miami desperately wanted to win, and can now make the deep strike thanks to Evans.

Without McGahee, things will be tougher and the team needs him back ASAP. But it sounds like you want our guys to lose with Bledsoe. I just don't get it.

Funny stuff

The OFFENSE scored 19 yesterday, but whatever.

168669[/snapback]

19 points wins games with Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, and Philadelphia on many occasions, especially with a good defense. Forget that the D and STs are putting points on the board.

If your worry is in facing teams like the Pats and Indy who will destroy you if you get behind, yes, we have something to prove in that department. But let's try and get there.

Yes... it is  a SB def... and a SB ST unit.  Too bad we don't even have an average offense... let alone a SB one.

168568[/snapback]

In todays parity driven NFL you can not have your all 3 teams SB caliber level.

You pick your strong points and go with it....Finally what counts is the wins...

If the offense can play mistake free, clock-controlling football, one cannot ask

for any more....

The steelers are 13-1 and that is not due to their offense....but to their

ST and defense...