Marco Rubio - Senator and a gentlemen

Of course it wouldn't! Republicans never do anything like bring up death panals or anything. Republicans are great!

Gees Tom, if only all of us could be so non-partisan :w00t::doh:

Poor boy, poor, poor little boy. :lol:

Well, I guess you recognized who DumbFolk is.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! That's why they brought that old witch out of her cave. I guess this warrior against the Welfare State is being considered as Romney's running mate. How are these people going to win elections preaching against popular government programs, attempting to "broaden the tax base"--i.e. making those that own 2.5% of the wealth pay more--and waging war on government workers?

Rubio's nonesense:

"These programs actually weakened us as a people. You see, almost forever, it was institutions in society that assumed the role of taking care of one another. If someone was sick in your family, you took care of them. If a neighbor met misfortune, you took care of them. You saved for your retirement and your future because you had to. We took these things upon ourselves in our communities, our families, and our homes, and our churches and our synagogues. But all that changed when the government began to assume those responsibilities."

Rubio's nonsense:

"These programs actually weakened us as a people. You see, almost forever, it was institutions in society that assumed the role of taking care of one another. If someone was sick in your family, you took care of them. If a neighbor met misfortune, you took care of them. You saved for your retirement and your future because you had to. We took these things upon ourselves in our communities, our families, and our homes, and our churches and our synagogues. But all that changed when the government began to assume those responsibilities."

That is an amazingly brave and excellent quote. I applaud it.