"Superheroes"

ajzepp

I had Cowherd on the radio as I was driving into work today, and he was just ranting and raving about some show on HBO called Superheroes. I have never heard of this, and I don't currently get HBO, but it sounds pretty damn interesting. I don't really consider Cowherd a fan of sports, but he said that he was so into this show the last time it was on that he missed the first 20 mins of an NFL preseason game.

Has anyone seen this? I'm thinking about getting HBO for a month or two just to check it out. Especially after I just saw the movie "Super" with Rainn Wilson and got a kick out of it.

I had Cowherd on the radio as I was driving into work today, and he was just ranting and raving about some show on HBO called Superheroes. I have never heard of this, and I don't currently get HBO, but it sounds pretty damn interesting. I don't really consider Cowherd a fan of sports, but he said that he was so into this show the last time it was on that he missed the first 20 mins of an NFL preseason game.

Has anyone seen this? I'm thinking about getting HBO for a month or two just to check it out. Especially after I just saw the movie "Super" with Rainn Wilson and got a kick out of it.

I have HBO, and I've never heard about it. Usually I will catch things like this in their commercials, but since True Blood lost my interest must be it slipped by me. I am intrigued as well and it is on today at 3:30pm so I'll set the DVR.

I watched it. It's pretty interesting. Had me laughing out loud a couple times. Look out for the one guy who calls himself Master Legend. Hilarious!

:thumbsup:

EDIT: By the way, this is just a one-shot documentary film, not a continuing series.

Edited by gringo starr

I liked the guy that said something to the effect of: Well, if guys like Batman, who have no special powers, can do this, why can't I?

I saw it on HBO, but it may also be available through Netflix.

Edited by Joe Miner

So these aren't like the guys who hang out outside Mann's Chinese theater in Hollywood all dressed up like Superheroes and cartoon characters hoping to get tips? These people are really going out and trying to fight crime?

So these aren't like the guys who hang out outside Mann's Chinese theater in Hollywood all dressed up like Superheroes and cartoon characters hoping to get tips? These people are really going out and trying to fight crime?

Right. It's not just Comic-Con fun & games for these nerds. They want to BE the fantasy.

At one point Stan Lee talks about the phenomenon and he says something about how these people seem to have their hearts in the right place--he just hopes nobody gets hurt.

At times it seems like these people are being mocked, but there's kind of a sweet side that gets shown too, about how genuine some of them are in their desire to really help people.

Right. It's not just Comic-Con fun & games for these nerds. They want to BE the fantasy.

At one point Stan Lee talks about the phenomenon and he says something about how these people seem to have their hearts in the right place--he just hopes nobody gets hurt.

At times it seems like these people are being mocked, but there's kind of a sweet side that gets shown too, about how genuine some of them are in their desire to really help people.

Okay, then this sounds like the coolest frickin show ever lol. I have always been a fan of vigilante justice in the movies, so to see it play out in real life sounds even more interesting. And that's not to say I think it's good or bad, just interesting to observe. I can't wait to see this lol

Okay, then this sounds like the coolest frickin show ever lol. I have always been a fan of vigilante justice in the movies, so to see it play out in real life sounds even more interesting. And that's not to say I think it's good or bad, just interesting to observe. I can't wait to see this lol

I think you'll like it. Don't set your expectations too high. I mean it's kind of silly, but it's fun. I'm tellin' you: Master Legend. He's the man! "A superhero works up a whopping thirst." :lol:

I think you'll like it. Don't set your expectations too high. I mean it's kind of silly, but it's fun. I'm tellin' you: Master Legend. He's the man! "A superhero works up a whopping thirst." :lol:

LOL...is that the guy who drinks beer? Cowherd was going on about the guy who drinks all the Schlitz lol

The guy does more drinkin than crime fightin.

Plus he hits on a chick in the bar in full superhero gear.

:lol: