Trade McKelvin to the Giants

1B4IDie

Most of the passes caught against Mckelvin in the Denver game he was right on the WR and they were very good, very short passes and very good catches by one of the top WR in the game. Not all, but that appeared to be most. McKelvin hasn't nearly played up to his potential, and he didn't have a good game against the Broncos, but for the most part, he was right with his guy. A good pattern and good pass and good catch on all of those plays will work against 95% of the CBs in this league. Only the very elite will shut them down.

Most of the passes caught against Mckelvin in the Denver game he was right on the WR and they were very good, very short passes and very good catches by one of the top WR in the game. Not all, but that appeared to be most. McKelvin hasn't nearly played up to his potential, and he didn't have a good game against the Broncos, but for the most part, he was right with his guy. A good pattern and good pass and good catch on all of those plays will work against 95% of the CBs in this league. Only the very elite will shut them down.

I agree that he stays close to assignment. There the issue in my opinion, I'm not a DB coach, is he doesn't (ever) appear to identify the ball when its in the air and very rarely makes plays on the ball. Staying close isn't the mark of a great DB, it only takes a tiny window in the NFL to make a completion.

Because he is such a great athlete he can run around with the WRs and stay close. He appears to watch the WR and shadow him great but doesn't react to the ball in the air.

The PIs he has received in the past are mostly because he wasn't play the ball but playing the man. If he just turned his head to look at the ball, there probably wouldn't be a PI at all.

I feel like that is coaching.

Perry Fewell would be the one to know if its worth the time and effort.

No he's not--unless you mean on special teams.

The Giants aren't going to give up their #1 CB pick for McKelvin--would never happen. Especially if you say he's looking bad and can't be coached.

The Philly idea (Samuel) is more likely.

I highly doubt it as well and it probably has ever happened before, 1st round underperforming CB for 1st round injured rookie CB.

Prince isn't their #1 CB, he is their #1 draft pick that is done for a couple months.

He can't put wait on his broken foot until Week1, Then there is rehab and he already missed so much practice, Week 4 would be optimistic as a return.

I think the James Brewer, T, Indiana route is a little more realistic.

Edited by Why So Serious?

We could have drafted James Brewer in the 4th instead of Searcy....just sayin.

It was difficult for me to evaluate McLovin's play against Denver. Yes, he seemed to get picked on a lot, and yes there were a lot of receptions made against him, but he never seemed to get beat outright. Seemed like he was playing alone on an island....never got help from safeties/linebackers in coverage.

If we are to trade a CB, I would try to deal McGee.

I'd deal any CB if we could yield a starting tackle in return. If we trade one for a 3rd rd pick or lower, it's another sign that we've given up in this season. I'd either want a 1st (extremely doubtful), a 2nd or a player that can contribute at a position of need (hopefully OL).