Quick Observations...

Bill from NYC

I'd still like to see a more consistent pass rush and also tougher run defense especially around the edge, but I do like the overall improvement in Kelsay and even Denney seems to be getting a little better.  Not a bad group that can get even better with more work.

168426[/snapback]

Rich,

I agree....I was saying that all the time leading to the game and we showed

that our Run defense on the outside is still quite weak.....Thankfully we took

such a big lead early, we were able to weather Rudi Johnsons 130 yards...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Rich,

I agree....I was saying that all the time leading to the game and we showed

that our Run defense on the outside is still quite weak.....Thankfully we took

such a big lead early, we were able to weather Rudi Johnsons 130 yards...

168756[/snapback]

I was surprised that the Bengals were able to get so many yards up the middle, and they really broke a lot of tackles, many of which should not have happened. They blocked and ran hard, and the Bills got blocked and did not tackle well. However, for about the 25th time this season, on third and short we have an amazing run defense. I don't know what the stats are but on 3rd or 4th and 1, or on 3rd or 4th and 2, we have shut down teams dead in the backfield repeatedly.

Give it up, Dee. This is getting tiresome.

Yo BRH... what is getting more tiresome to you... Bledsoe's impotence with the football, my obesrvation that he's impotent with the football, or your denial that he's impotent with the football?

How much $$$ would you like to put down that Bledsoe's gonna pull a game out????

I thought so... Now how bout a nice tall glass of shut the Fvck up????

Yo BRH... what is getting more tiresome to you... Bledsoe's impotence with the football, my obesrvation that he's impotent with the football, or your denial that he's impotent with the football?

How much $$$ would you like to put down that Bledsoe's gonna pull a game out????

168784[/snapback]

So tell us, who was it that pulled the Miami game out?

Enjoy your drink.

168784[/snapback]

I never knew he was supposed to !@#$ the football.

Personally, I hope he just throws it for 1 or more TDs a game. He's been doing that.

168784[/snapback]

The most tiresome thing is people who can't enjoy a five-game winning streak.

Personally, I hope he just throws it for 1 or more TDs a game. He's been doing that.

That's what I like to hear... folks that accept "barely adequate". Shoot for the stars and let's just hope we get a first down. You'd be the best boss in the world for any lazy incompetent person.

WTF are you taliking about RI... I remember a Big Fat hardboiled egg running down the sidelines to seal that deal.

bottoms up dude!!!

168812[/snapback]

LOL!, your hatred blinds you to the obvious!

Funny, I remember us being ahead by three when that happened, who was it who put us up in that game? Sure, the int return by Phat Pat was an exciting clincher, but Drew already had us out in front. And when the defense was stinking up the joint in the first half, who was it that put the team on his shoulders and marched them repeatedly down tha field to build the lead the defense almost surrendered?

Have another for the road dude!

WTF are you taliking about RI... I remember a Big Fat hardboiled egg running down the sidelines to seal that deal.

bottoms up dude!!!

168812[/snapback]

In case you havent actually been watching the games, too busy complaining, we have come out throwing in every single one of the 5 game winning streak, and I believe all of the last seven wins. It wasn't like we were setting up the pass with the run. Drew has led this offense exactly as he has been asked to, and we are one of the three hottest teams in the league. The operative word here is "team".

2) What's in a name, but from where I sit, Lee Evans is the #1 receiver already.

168417[/snapback]

Yeah, it's Evans that every D we faces double teams...

Some people will never understand that being able to beat single coverage and being able to beat double coverage are not the same things, just ask Peerless Price. The reason Evans is getting open and getting the ball is because Moulds forces teams to roll coverage to his side of the field. I'm not taking anything away from Evans, the guy has been terrific, but simply looking at a stat line doesn't tell you what's really going on.

Who is the Colts #1 WR? Wayne or Stokely? If you looked at the stat line that's what you'd believe.

When you throw for more touchdowns and fewer interceptions, and are sacked less, than the opposing quarterback, you've done a pretty damn good job.

St. Louis: Bledsoe 3/1/1; Bulger 2/3/6

Seattle: Bledsoe 1/3/1; Hasselbeck 1/1/2

Miami: Bledsoe 4/0/3; Feeley 3/5/6

Cleveland: Bledsoe 1/1/1; McCown/Garcia 1/2/8

Cincinnati: Bledsoe 1/0/2; Kitna 1/2/3

Total --

Bledsoe: 10 TDs, 5 INTs, 8 sacks

Opponents: 8 TDs, 13 INTs, 25 sacks

Bledsoe has a 2/1 TD/INT ratio and fewer than two sacks a game in this stretch.

His opponents have a .6/1 TD/INT ratio and five sacks a game.

That Bledsoe, he's fuggin killing us. [/sarcasm]

Yeah, it's Evans that every D we faces double teams...

Some people will never understand that being able to beat single coverage and being able to beat double coverage are not the same things, just ask Peerless Price.  The reason Evans is getting open and getting the ball is because Moulds forces teams to roll coverage to his side of the field.  I'm not taking anything away from Evans, the guy has been terrific, but simply looking at a stat line doesn't tell you what's really going on. 

Who is the Colts #1 WR?  Wayne or Stokely?  If you looked at the stat line that's what you'd believe.

168853[/snapback]

I also remember Kevin Gilbride, in 2002, saying that teams were double teaming Peerless as much as they were Moulds throughout the season. That was not my observation, just the coaches. I did, however, EARLY in the season, like game 2-3 notice personally, at the games, that teams were moving safeties way back on Evans side when he was split and not Moulds, respecting Evans' speed. This was before he was making any plays at all. In fact, Jacksonville did it all game long, in game one.

That's what I like to hear... folks that accept "barely adequate".  Shoot for the stars and let's just hope we get a first down.  You'd be the best boss in the world for any lazy incompetent person.

168832[/snapback]

Here we go again, Ice. Someone standing in judgement of other fans because their opinion is different from yours. Sorry, DeeRay...I mean, Ice...we're all just a bunch of compromising morons who should not accept the incredible turnaround we've seen from this team week in and week out in spite of it's relative weaknesses.

As a boss, I'd take a winner who wins IN SPITE of recognized weaknesses long before I'd take a winner who has no appreciation for winning.

What makes you tiresome, Ice, is not your message. It's how often you have to repeat it over and over and over. We get it. You don't compromise. You're a winner. We're idiots.

Tiresome, indeed, Ice.

In case you havent actually been watching the games, too busy complaining, we have come out throwing in every single one of the 5 game winning streak, and I believe all of the last seven wins. It wasn't like we were setting up the pass with the run. Drew has led this offense exactly as he has been asked to, and we are one of the three hottest teams in the league. The operative word here is "team".

Dude... I'm not complaining... I'm merely the vessel that is bringing you the truth. You dudes are too awe struch that we might make the playoffs for the first time since 99 to realize what it takes to truly get to, and to win the big games.

Tell me Mr. fair and balanced... here's the scenario...

All the Bills have to do is win and they're in.

Bills are down 10-6 at home against the steelers in 2 weeks.

1:49 to go in the game and all 3 timeouts...

Bills have the ball at their 27 yard line. The only thing standing between them and the playoffs is 63 yards and the Steeler defense...

So...

1) who would you rather have at QB... , Kelly, Elway, Montana, Brady, Manning, Marino, Flutie, or Bledsoe? (why don't you answer Bledsoe... I mean all you Bledsoe koolaid drinkers have put him in the HOF with all the greats mentioned above?)

2) I'm going to show you $10,000 big ones. I'ts the last 10G I've got and I'm going to lay it all on the line that the Steelers "D" is going to keep the Bills out of the End zone... Are you going to put up your last 10 G that Bledsoe is going to pull this out?

You guys just don't get it... a chain is only as good as it's weakest link. No matter how strong those other links are, under the toughest conditions, that weak link is going to do in the chain everytime. For Khrist's sake, we could put JP in there and have him do the exact same things Bledsoe is doing and get exactly the same result. That ain't gonna cut it when it's crunch time. There will come a time... and soon when the D and ST will have a sub par game and the O will be called upon to pick up the slack... and they won't. And don't give me the piss poor O line stevestojan. The Bills tackles have played well, Teague and Villarial have played OK and Tucker hasn't been a liability. The wrs are solid and so is the FB and RB. The TE is adequate... the only thing that separates the Bills from winning the SB is the QB... and I don't know about you, but everytime Bledsoe drops back to pass, I go into cardio arythmia and have to hold my breath... I never know what's going to happen... a sack, a fumble, and INT., a completion, a TD...

The moral of the story is "big game QBs" win big games. Small game QBs LOSE big games. I wish you truly would be fair and balanced and hold your HOF QB to the same standards that all of the rest of the HOF QBs are held to... but you won't... you just keep coming up with the tired old ifs and buts and excuses for Drew.

1) who would you rather have at QB... , Kelly, Elway, Montana, Brady, Manning, Marino, Flutie, or Bledsoe? (why don't you answer Bledsoe... I mean all you Bledsoe koolaid drinkers have put him in the HOF with all the greats mentioned above?)

Gee, Ice...I didn't know Kelly, Elway, Montana, Brady, Manning, Marino and Flutie were all available.

Nice dreamworld you live in, Ice. We have what we have and it's not going to change. But if that's too much reality for you, there's not much anyone can say to keep you from having any faith in the 'team.'

Dude... I'm not complaining... I'm merely the vessel that is bringing you the truth.  You dudes are too awe struch that we might make the playoffs for the first time since 99 to realize what it takes to truly get to, and to win the big games.

Tell me Mr. fair and balanced... here's the scenario...

All the Bills have to do is win and they're in.

Bills are down 10-6 at home against the steelers in 2 weeks.

1:49 to go in the game and all 3 timeouts...

Bills have the ball at their 27 yard line.  The only thing standing between them and the playoffs is 63 yards and the Steeler defense...

So...

1) who would you rather have at QB... , Kelly, Elway, Montana, Brady, Manning, Marino, Flutie, or Bledsoe?  (why don't you answer Bledsoe... I mean all you Bledsoe koolaid drinkers have put him in the HOF with all the greats mentioned above?)

2) I'm going to show you $10,000 big ones.  It's the last 10G I've got and I'm going to lay it all on the line that the Steelers "D" is going to keep the Bills out of the End zone... Are you going to put up your last 10 G that Bledsoe is going to pull this out?

You guys just don't get it... a chain is only as good as it's weakest link.  No matter how strong those other links are, under the toughest conditions, that weak link is going to do in the chain everytime.  For Khrist's sake, we could put JP in there and have him do the exact same things Bledsoe is doing and get exactly the same result.  That ain't gonna cut it when it's crunch time.  There will come a time... and soon when the D and ST will have a sub par game and the O will be called upon to pick up the slack... and they won't.  And don't give me the piss poor O line stevestojan.  The Bills tackles have played well, Teague and Villarial have played OK and Tucker hasn't been a liability.  The wrs are solid and so is the FB and RB.  The TE is adequate... the only thing that separates the Bills from winning the SB is the QB... and I don't know about you, but everytime Bledsoe drops back to pass, I go into cardio arythmia and have to hold my breath... I never know what's going to happen... a sack, a fumble, and INT., a completion, a TD...

The moral of the story is "big game QBs" win big games.  Small game QBs LOSE big games.  I wish you truly would be fair and balanced and hold your HOF QB to the same standards that all of the rest of the HOF QBs are held to... but you won't... you just keep coming up with the tired old ifs and buts and excuses for Drew.

168927[/snapback]

It's true, YOU ARE ICE! LOL!

Read back through this thread, First you claim Bledsoe can't pick up the team when the defense and ST's have a bad game.

It gets pointed out to you that he's already done just that during the Miami game.

Now you come up with a wild hypothetical situation that requires Bledsoe to pull off a near miracle victory in order to be considered adequate!

Give it a rest!

When did Flutie become a HOF Candidate?

>>>Dude... I'm not complaining... I'm merely the vessel that is bringing you the truth.<<<

Congrats! That is one classic statement!!!

The thing is, oh "Vessel of Truth," we are winning football games both at home and on the road. Try to enjoy it.

Again, that was fantastic! I am hoping that this truth vessel continues to dock at TSW. We need all the truth that we can get. :D

As John Lennon once said, "All I want is some truth. Just gimmee some truth!"

The last several times that Bledsoe has run the no huddle, whether it was in the middle of the game, or end of the half, or end of the game, he has run it very well. If you're asking for a Hall of Fame quarterback to go with your top special teams in the league and #3 defense and two good receivers and excellent RB and solid line play and good coaching, you may be asking a little too much.

Of course, Drew may still get in the H of F. I don't expect it, nor do I believe he deserves it as of yet. But he could.