Quick Observations...

Bill from NYC

1) I think that MM left MaGahee in way too long. Please, give the kid a rest when possible.

2) What's in a name, but from where I sit, Lee Evans is the #1 receiver already.

3) You did not hear the name Ron Edwards much, but he made one of the best plays in the game imo. When Kitna had trouble with the snap and the ball popped out, there was a Bengal right there. Edwards had a choice of diving for the football or shoving the Bengal about 5 yards like a rag doll, and chose the latter. Fletch came in and scooped it up. It was smart, sound football.

4) Stats (and some of you) will say I am wrong, but imo Drew played a very good game. Most of the missed throws were thrown out of bounds, so as to not be picked. When they were down 7, he tossed the bomb. Quietly, he led the football team to a win. What more could one ask? Oh, and he passed Joe Montana in all-time completions, which one could also view as OK. :devil:

5) Not enough can be said about Spikes and Fletcher, but even Posey looked good yesterday.

6) With Kelsay, Schobel and yes, Denney as a backup, the Defensive End position is not a weakness, but a strength for this football team.

7) Speaking of AS, he is better this season than last, numbers notwithstanding. He is holding his own against OTs ranging from very good to all time greats.

8) Now for a question.....Was Krumerie wearing a jacket yesterday?

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd still like to see a more consistent pass rush and also tougher run defense especially around the edge, but I do like the overall improvement in Kelsay and even Denney seems to be getting a little better. Not a bad group that can get even better with more work.

I'd still like to see a more consistent pass rush and also tougher run defense especially around the edge, but I do like the overall improvement in Kelsay and even Denney seems to be getting a little better.  Not a bad group that can get even better with more work.

168426[/snapback]

I saw a play yesterday in which Schobel stunted inside. He had a few steps and a head of steam, but when he turned in, all he saw were the big behinds of Adams and Williams. :devil: The was absolutely ZERO room.

I dont know for sure, but I am thinking that this is why the Bills tend to stunt less than other teams. For real. <_<

vincent at FS.

we can all say this is what our D needed.

spikes, fletcher, melloy, vincent, clements, mcGee. sounds good to me.

vincent blitzes alot. did you see how he jumped to prevent the quick pass early in the game when he blitzed.

and if we cant stop R. Johnson, how are we going to sdtop the Bus???

and didnt willis go out in the 3rd? the game was still close then. did you want to pull him after the first quarter?? first priority is to win the game.

>>>and if we cant stop R. Johnson, how are we going to sdtop the Bus???<<<

Fair question...

Rudy Johnson has more speed than Bettis. The steelers OL will need to hold their blocks a tad longer. I am not making a statement that they cannot do this, but Big Sam might make this a difficult task.

Being home with the 12th Man is nice too, right?

To answer your Q: no, TKrumrie had the same long-sleeve mock t-neck he wore last week. Man is INTENSE, even in the hotel lobby.....

Bengals fans were booking TKO, kind of mixed feelings about Sam W., but they still love Tim. A few of them were yelling to him during warmups; I told them "we're glad we have him".......

I'll throw out one more observation....

As a TEAM, the Bills are getting it done. The defense, although it seems to get cut up, seems to have the ability to come up with big plays to negate that. Special teams.. except for the fact that attempting a FG of longer than 35 yards is a high risk adventure, has really been the story of this team this year. The offense though, is damn near pathetic. You would think that a the Bills should be able to run on the 28th ranked run defense... but no... they line up 8 in the box to stop the run. OK, WWJD??? (WHAT WOULD JIMMY (KELLY) DO? He'd burn your ass 6 different ways to Sunday with the pass... well WDDD? What did Drew do? Zero zip nada!!!... but on the plus side, at least he didn't hurt the team with a fumble or interception.

So my big obeservation is that this is a team that is getting exceptional play from the ST and Defense. Some day it is going to come down to the offense making that one final drive to either win or lose a game. Let's hope it never comes to that because we will lose every time... If we have to put the game in Drew's hands... GAME OVER... period!!!!

So my big obeservation is that this is a team that is getting exceptional play from the ST and Defense. Some day it is going to come down to the offense making that one final drive to either win or lose a game.  Let's hope it never comes to that because we will lose every time... If we have to put the game in Drew's hands... GAME OVER... period!!!!

168561[/snapback]

Give it up, Dee. This is getting tiresome.

As a TEAM, the Bills are getting it done.  The defense, although it seems to get cut up, seems to have the ability to come up with big plays to negate that.  Special teams.. except for the fact that attempting a FG of longer than 35 yards is a high risk adventure,  has really been the story of this team this year.  The offense though, is damn near pathetic.  You would think that a the Bills should be able to run on the 28th ranked run defense... but no... they line up 8 in the box to stop the run.  OK, WWJD??? (WHAT WOULD JIMMY (KELLY) DO?  He'd burn your ass 6 different ways to Sunday with the pass... well WDDD?  What did Drew do? Zero zip nada!!!... but on the plus side, at least he didn't hurt the team with a fumble or interception. 

So my big obeservation is that this is a team that is getting exceptional play from the ST and Defense. Some day it is going to come down to the offense making that one final drive to either win or lose a game.  Let's hope it never comes to that because we will lose every time... If we have to put the game in Drew's hands... GAME OVER... period!!!!

168561[/snapback]

You should start a "Bledsoe Sucks" thread.

As a TEAM, the Bills are getting it done.  The defense, although it seems to get cut up, seems to have the ability to come up with big plays to negate that.  Special teams.. except for the fact that attempting a FG of longer than 35 yards is a high risk adventure,  has really been the story of this team this year.  The offense though, is damn near pathetic.  You would think that a the Bills should be able to run on the 28th ranked run defense... but no... they line up 8 in the box to stop the run.  OK, WWJD??? (WHAT WOULD JIMMY (KELLY) DO?

168561[/snapback]

He might throw a crushing bonehead interception. But he would probably break the guy's legs after he caught it :D

I haven't seen one of those before.  I am interested in your theories and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.  :D

168629[/snapback]

Again, I thought he played very well yesterday. Good pocket awareness, no ints., a bomb, etc....this without his 2 best TEs and an injured top running back.

I guess he should have played a different game to please posters on a message board who hate him, and prove to them that he does not suck. :D

To answer your Q: no, TKrumrie had the same long-sleeve mock t-neck he wore last week. Man is INTENSE, even in the hotel lobby.....

Bengals fans were booking TKO, kind of mixed feelings about Sam W., but they still love Tim. A few of them were yelling to him during warmups; I told them "we're glad we have him".......

168545[/snapback]

Well now it is official. He is one of my top 5 people that I have ever seen in sports. The brutal, blistering cold caught up with us today. 3 hours with no coat? I dont think so. Wrestling NFL defensive linemen? Another good idea. :D

The man is nothing short of a badass.

3) You did not hear the name Ron Edwards much, but he made one of the best plays in the game imo. When Kitna had trouble with the snap and the ball popped out, there was a Bengal right there. Edwards had a choice of diving for the football or shoving the Bengal about 5 yards like a rag doll, and chose the latter. Fletch came in and scooped it up. It was smart, sound football.

168417[/snapback]

Edward's play is the biggest surprise of the '04 season to me. I keep wondering whether his improved energy will be sustained in a starting role. The simple fact that he is doing it part-time has as much to do with our excellent defense as any other element. To be fair, and as it's pointed out in this string, the addition of a starting quality coverage safety appears to have completed the puzzle of our defense.

Nice to see that the QB obsessed boneheads are still keeping their games polished up ;-)

Again, I thought he played very well yesterday. Good pocket awareness, no ints., a bomb, etc....this without his 2 best TEs and an injured top running back.

I guess he should have played a different game to please posters on a message board who hate him, and prove to them that he does not suck.  :D

168664[/snapback]

Funny how the presence of a pocket improves a QBs pocket presence ;-)

1) I think that MM left MaGahee in way too long. Please, give the kid a rest when possible.

2) What's in a name, but from where I sit, Lee Evans is the #1 receiver already.

4) Stats (and some of you) will say I am wrong, but imo Drew played a very good game. Most of the missed throws were thrown out of bounds, so as to not be picked. When they were down 7, he tossed the bomb. Quietly, he led the football team to a win. What more could one ask? Oh, and he passed Joe Montana in all-time completions, which one could also view as OK.  :D

5) Not enough can be said about Spikes and Fletcher, but even Posey looked good yesterday.

6) With Kelsay, Schobel and yes, Denney as a backup, the Defensive End position is not a weakness, but a strength for this football team.

7) Speaking of AS, he is better this season than last, numbers notwithstanding. He is holding his own against OTs ranging from very good to all time greats.

8) Now for a question.....Was Krumerie wearing a jacket yesterday?

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

168417[/snapback]

I agree with all your points Bill. Very astute observsations. :D

1. Agree, hope Willis is OK. Any word from Buffalo on TH?

4. Drew did OK. I just wish he had the ability to lead the receiver on short throws. Too many are a little behind, or a little high or a little low. He can throw a beautiful deep ball, we just have to suffer through the short ones.

5. Outstanding work by the LBs yesterday. Include the special teamers as well. Quite a group we have.

6. Getting better but still taking the great circle route to the QB too often.

7. I don't see it. He is invisible for too many minutes per game.