TJ Housh in Buffalo?

CBD

Chan like his toys, doens't he?

I think Promo the Robot suggested the other day that the Bills will open with a center, QB, and nine receivers. He may be right.

GO BILLS!!!

It would be like us to roll out with a crazy formation that is our secret weapon week 1...only to be penalized on the first play, realize we can't do it...and not know what to do.

Anyway bring on the Housh-man-za-da. Championship.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to know what to make of Housh...I loved him when he was in Cincinnati...then he went to a bad Seattle team, where nobody did much, and joined the Ravens late, and never really seemed to get in the groove of their offense. So, I am not sure if his skills have declined, or he has just been in bad spots...or maybe a combo of both.

Housh is a much different kind of receiver than Evans was...very physical...it appears, to me, Chan is wanting physical receivers...to me, Donald Jones has shown more as a blocker than as a receiver. We shall see...I hated losing Evans, but I wouldn't be upset to give Housh a look.

I have the same reaction. From my recollection of him in Cincy and even seeing some Baltimore games, I really like (or liked) his game--tough, physical.

Signing a guy like this to a one-year deal would be pretty low risk, and give us potentially more insurance at WR as the other guys develop.

I also wonder if this signing tells us that the Bills don't think DJones is quite ready to be the #2...

Hard to know what to make of Housh...I loved him when he was in Cincinnati...then he went to a bad Seattle team, where nobody did much, and joined the Ravens late, and never really seemed to get in the groove of their offense. So, I am not sure if his skills have declined, or he has just been in bad spots...or maybe a combo of both.

He had 80 catches and 900 yards receiving in Seattle 2 years ago. Really only one bad year, last year, with Baltimore where he was a late arrival and was probably the 4th or 5th option in their offense (Boldin, Mason, Rice, Heap, Housh?). I wonder if putting him back outside in an every down type role may bring back some of those stats.

Edited by Carey Bender

It's not puzzling at all. Davis is Busted, and Lee requires 4 seconds to get open on any route. My memories of TJ are of him being strong on the short and mid-range routes.

OK, given that we're project at #31 in Power Rankings and we would all be exclaiming playoff level success if this team reached .500, doesn't it make more sense to let young players rise to the occasion than stopgap a guy like Houshmanzadah for a year? Just like everyone was saying that TO took reps away from Stevie 2 years ago, Houshmanzadah prevents us from seeing if David Nelson can be the same kind of guy... BUT YOUNGER! We traded Evans so that Nelson, Jones, Aiken and Roosevelt can be tested to go alongside Stevie and Roscoe.

Why, what's funny about that? Evans was a one pattern WR and Housh is willing to run across the middle. He also blocks downfield and won't make $4M per.

Evan's isn't here....time to move on.

He does all of those things yet he is unemployed? Evans was not a "one pattern WR"--you're being lazy repeating that nonsesne.

You are describing a salary dump.

I hope they sign him, if for no other reason than the latest ESPN comercial were they have the Kariokee draft party, and his name is being sung to Heart's Barracuda....I'll drive my son crazy for days!!!!!

If TJ signed with us they would pull that commercial immediately. They can't give small market Buffalo any national press.

He does all of those things yet he is unemployed? Evans was not a "one pattern WR"--you're being lazy repeating that nonsesne.

You are describing a salary dump.

You right he just was ineffective running the other patterns.. Lee just couldn't do anything consistent across the middle.

Evans is a field stretcher, and that is what Baltimore wants him to do...

It's quite possible I'm wrong, but would they really be out at Bayou the day they close camp and have to prep for a flight to Denver? Just seems odd to this guy ( although I know my opinion doesn't matter)

Merriman tweeted he was going out, and considering he isn't playing on Saturday it isn't that far-fetched.

I'm amazed at how many people think the beginning of the season is more about developing former UDFAs who have never done a thing in the league than it is about winning.

We lost a lot of experience when Evans left. WR is now Steve Johnson and an empty cupboard, other than potential. He could have a good influence on the youngins an provide a steady pair of hands for Fitz as a possession guy. Not ground-breaking but a nice add

I'm amazed at how many people think the beginning of the season is more about developing former UDFAs who have never done a thing in the league than it is about winning.

We lost a lot of experience when Evans left. WR is now Steve Johnson and an empty cupboard, other than potential. He could have a good influence on the youngins an provide a steady pair of hands for Fitz as a possession guy. Not ground-breaking but a nice add

And how does adding a possession receiver to a group of possession receivers help?

You essentially have to release a receiver to sign him

yeah you can ps naaman or easley but they would be gone fast

Tj isn't signed yet for a reason

I'm still trying to figure out how Buffalo is "among the deepest in the league" at WR.

I'd be happy with a Housh signing, he'd give us a presence over the middle. Although, I won't believe this until Moron verifies it with his one source.