Manbearpig and the Space Aliens

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/aug/18/aliens-destroy-humanity-protect-civilisations

When I first read that I :lol:

Then after a second, I realized some people would take it seriously. That makes me :( and want to :wallbash:

That's satire, right? Tell me that's satire.

If that's not satire, it's the stupidest "news" I've read since Merriman got shot and killed trying to smuggle cocaine across the boarder...

That's satire, right? Tell me that's satire.

If that's not satire, it's the stupidest "news" I've read since Merriman got shot and killed trying to smuggle cocaine across the boarder...

Is that like a room and boarder? I would think he would make enough money that he wouldn't have to resort to that. :devil:

From the comments:

"Was the report from scientists or Scientologists?" :lol:

And you wonder why I call them Environtologists? The new motto for these people "I want to believe".

You know, you guys make more sense all the time. I don't believe in the environment, either! I believe in God, which is proven to exist, not science which is an invention of the Liberal Media/Elite establishment. I don't believe in the weather, either, for that matter

You know, you guys make more sense all the time. I don't believe in the environment, either! I believe in God, which is proven to exist, not science which is an invention of the Liberal Media/Elite establishment. I don't believe in the weather, either, for that matter

Do you believe in the concept that space aliens would attack us because of our refusal to believe in your religion?

I use science, and scientific principles every day. Believe me, in my work everything must be proven, and nothing can be taken on faith. I have no problems with science.

Here's the problem for you: whenever credible data surfaces that contradicts your religious beliefs, you tell us to have no faith in it, refuse to explain how it exists, and you treat the scientists who provide it like radical Muslims would a blasphemer. Why? IF we are after the truth here, and not "wanting to believe" how does that square with your behavior?

Wait a second...who is the religious zealot here again?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Postulating that aliens would attack us because global warming makes us a threat to the universe isn't science.

How does someone as stupid as you ever manage to learn to use a computer?

How does someone as stupid as you ever manage to learn to use a computer?

Please don't disrespect Dave's ability to use a computer

As an Information Technology Professional, I make my living thriving on the inability of morons who can't figure out how to press the "Any" key

Please don't disrespect Dave's ability to use a computer

As an Information Technology Professional, I make my living thriving on the inability of morons who can't figure out how to press the "Any" key

Second! :D

My favorite line from the article:

"Green" aliens might object to the environmental damage humans have caused on Earth and wipe us out to save the planet.

:lol::lol::lol:

And no, it's not satire. This kind of **** keeps people like Dave up at night.

The fact that: they already bastardized a classic sci-fi movie by changing it's entire premise to suit this exact same scenario(The Day the Earth Stood Still), and bastardized it further by letting Keanu Reeves star in it and ham it up...

...apparently has no effect on Dave.

This was in a F'ing awful movie, a movie for Christ's sake! :wallbash: The only thing cool or interesting was the little nano-bugs.

This is your definition of "science"? Or, scientific thought? :lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo