Shocking... the Gvt. investigating S&P

The job travels with him. This "criticism" is as stupid now as it was against Bush.

agree to a point... but disagree that the president should at least use some leadership and give the image that he is staying on to work through a crisis just like private citizens would be expected to if they were in a position of leadership in their corporation.

Do you think the general media would have let "W" sneak away without an uproar if he was in office for this

This cracks me up - no one investigates any rating agencies when they rate all types of crap AAA but annoy someone with power and whew........ the legal system in this country is becoming a joke.

I thought the government investigated the agencies after the collapse in 2008? What happened in the three years that the first investigation didn't uncover?

I thought the government investigated the agencies after the collapse in 2008? What happened in the three years that the first investigation didn't uncover?

Well, Many have given their opinion of the quality of investigation of the 2008 collapse ( see William K Black) and it basically suggests a whitewash - my point is if you are rich and powerful (politically connected) you are pretty much immune to prosecution unless you piss-off someone else who's rich and powerful- the law is not equally enforced for example an online alternative news provider I watch talked about how when their website was hacked multiply times (pretty serious when your business model is online content) the agencies they contacted were like "well good luck with that" but when Koch industries web site was hacked multiple doors were kicked in and arrests made in a week.