Waning days of a political movement

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black Rock thank you very much.

And factually on the wane and not embraced are both true. We just witnessed it in NY and Wisconsin. And while the real power and money behind the AstroTurf movement continually attempt to change the rules of the game with activist judges and influence peddling they are fighting a losing battle. Changing demographics and all. I consider the teabagger movement the last dying fart from the corpse of conservatism.

What country do you live in? Absolutely nothing you say seems to have any basis in reality. And whats with the endless "teabaggers" and "AstroTurf" references? Is using the wrong name a way to show your smug superior contempt? Idea- for once in your posts try some facts. Qr is that so much harder than playground name calling?

What country do you live in? Absolutely nothing you say seems to have any basis in reality. And whats with the endless "teabaggers" and "AstroTurf" references? Is using the wrong name a way to show your smug superior contempt? Idea- for once in your posts try some facts. Qr is that so much harder than playground name calling?

Denial delusional, projection…these are the words that come to mind when I read that post from BH. Obama, the first black president of the US, is starting to lose the black vote. Hope and change has officially become a punchline. The only thing dying is liberalism and the reason he doesn't know it yet is because he's one of the few lonely soles still riding on the Obama train to a place called misery.

Namecalling is the liberal way!! Racist, sexist, Homophobe, Islamaphobe, teabagger.

you can tell the end is nigh when you start eating your own.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/61682.html

I guess he's gotta hope that there are more reasonable voters than loons in Broward county. Luckily for him, Broward county is not a bastion for right wing crazies. Either way, as long as he survives the primary challenge, which he most likely will because of his profile and fundraising ability, the loons will still vote for him, because when they see that choice between a D and R, they'll select the R, and THEY WILL turn out, simply because Obama is on the ticket.

The anti-Obama vote will be in full force in 2012.

You mean the same political movement that wiped the floor with the Unions/Dems in Wisconsin last week? Unfortunately for you (fortunately for America) this is just getting started.

Seriously? They lost seats, perhaps not as many as we on the left would have preferred...but they lost seats...how is that a "smearing"?

Namecalling is the liberal way!! Racist, sexist, Homophobe, Islamaphobe, teabagger.

Both sides do the same thing. Glad I am an American, instead of Democrat, Republican, Conservative or liberal.

My views aren't the things that make me better than others......superiority is.

Seriously? They lost seats, perhaps not as many as we on the left would have preferred...but they lost seats...how is that a "smearing"?

It's a matter of perspective, I suppose when you base it on the expectations, hope, energy and money that was put into this recall it was a huge letdown for the union/left/progressive movement. I've said this for a few years now, the pro-union argument is gonna be a losing argument throughout the world in the eyes of the public, simply because of the unfunded expenditures that they had brokered along with in my view, corrupt politicians who simply gave them what they wanted in exchange for their money to run their re-election campaigns. Of course this could be said for other politicians receiving banking, oil and other special interest money, but the size and scope of Union money far outpaces any other special interest, and to top things off, taxpayers have continuously had to pay higher state and local taxes largely because of these corrupt agreements.

Both sides do the same thing. Glad I am an American, instead of Democrat, Republican, Conservative or liberal.

My views aren't the things that make me better than others......superiority is.

Really give me some examples of conservative talking heads that use deragatory terms for people on the left on a consistant basis, either on tv or in print.

Oh and lets not forget the VP calling TEA pArty members "terrorists"!!!!

It's a matter of perspective, I suppose when you base it on the expectations, hope, energy and money that was put into this recall it was a huge letdown for the union/left/progressive movement. I've said this for a few years now, the pro-union argument is gonna be a losing argument throughout the world in the eyes of the public, simply because of the unfunded expenditures that they had brokered along with in my view, corrupt politicians who simply gave them what they wanted in exchange for their money to run their re-election campaigns. Of course this could be said for other politicians receiving banking, oil and other special interest money, but the size and scope of Union money far outpaces any other special interest, and to top things off, taxpayers have continuously had to pay higher state and local taxes largely because of these corrupt agreements.

Maybe you are right...but it seems that many of the Tea Party candidates who were elected at mid-terms, are getting a lot of grief from the people who voted them in, once they see where things are headed. Just as lefties celebrated in 2008, only to have their hands smacked in 2010...it seems the Tea Party right wingers are suffering the same backlash...people, it appears want change, but they don't like the changes that anyone is making.

It is funny, living in Texas, I hear the Tea Party dogma all the time, and our governor touts himself, unofficially as some job creating messiah, following the Tea Party scripture...but nothing could be further from the truth. Sure, a sizable number or jobs have been created in Texas, but the majority are either government jobs, or jobs that pay so little, that employees can't afford basic amenities...recent stats released show that 70% of full time workers in Texas have no health inusurance...that is a staggering number. And, maybe that is cool with a lot of people...but in the next two years, with projected governmane layoffs in Texas, which are really just starting, we are going to see the unemployment rate sink here, too...it is all smoke and mirrors what Perry has done. Without Obamas' much maligned stimulus (which Perry went out of his way to publically reject), Perry couldn't have balanced his budget which he is so proud of. Tea Party goals may be noble (I say "may" be), but, their way of trying to reach those goals is not humanely realistic, in the eyes of many.

I really am anxious to see how all of this pans out in the next elections. It seems like typically, in America, the people with the most to gain are the ones who come out to vote...but recently we are seeing those with the most to lose get a fire under their ass...maybe that is the way we truly reach a middle compromise that everyone can live with?

Edited by Buftex

Really give me some examples of conservative talking heads that use deragatory terms for people on the left on a consistant basis, either on tv or in print.

Oh and lets not forget the VP calling TEA pArty members "terrorists"!!!!

Sorry, but the only time I notice that stuff is when I am here. I don't bother with watching talking heads on either side. Didn't Rick Perry use a ridiculous treason comment the other day?

The terrorist comment was dumb, but when talking to the American people, you really have to talk down to their level.

Sorry, but the only time I notice that stuff is when I am here. I don't bother with watching talking heads on either side. Didn't Rick Perry use a ridiculous treason comment the other day?

The terrorist comment was dumb, but when talking to the American people, you really have to talk down to their level.

Depends on your perspective!

Conservatives only have to go to the local bar, Rotary club, bowling alley, etc. "All politics is local", which means Tea Party WIN, liberals FAIL, over time. It is inevitable.

and yall accuse me of stereotyping? til a couple years ago i was a rotary member -nothing liberal or conservative about eradicating polio. great work rotary! i like to bowl, too.

it seems the Tea Party right wingers are suffering the same backlash...people, it appears want change, but they don't like the changes that anyone is making.

What change, it has been politics as usual!!! :wallbash::wallbash:

Asking if some one should be investigated for treason is different from calling them a teabagger. :wallbash:

really what level is that,? the liberals are running the school districts, everyone should be A students with the money that is being spent!!!!

Edited by Gary M

and yall accuse me of stereotyping? til a couple years ago i was a rotary member -nothing liberal or conservative about eradicating polio. great work rotary! i like to bowl, too.

Are you denying that TEA party political support does not exist from sources like the bar, bowling alleys and the Rotary club? Are you denying that you are far more likely to get TEA party support from these places than Liberal party support? Of course there are exceptions. We are talking demographics here, and elections. Nobody is going to win an election with 100% of the vote in this country. After all, we are not Cuba, Venezuela, or Saddam's Iraq. There are no absolutes here.

Absolutist, and wishful, thinking is the single biggest problem that confronts Liberals like yourself today. And, what is your response? Declare the TEA party dead and go home? Good luck with that. Declare that there should be no cuts to Medicare and that it's diseased, current organizational structure should not be reformed in any way? Good luck with that too.

You cannot wish these problems away, or demagogue them any longer. You cannot dig deeper into a failed ideology in the hopes of protecting it. The math simply isn't there for you. It will be interesting to see what you do, and potentially it will be a great source of humor for people like me. When people who consider themselves superior to everyone else, especially morally superior, fail miserably, it's hysterical.

Are you denying that TEA party political support does not exist from sources like the bar, bowling alleys and the Rotary club? Are you denying that you are far more likely to get TEA party support from these places than Liberal party support? Of course there are exceptions. We are talking demographics here, and elections. Nobody is going to win an election with 100% of the vote in this country. After all, we are not Cuba, Venezuela, or Saddam's Iraq. There are no absolutes here.

Absolutist, and wishful, thinking is the single biggest problem that confronts Liberals like yourself today. And, what is your response? Declare the TEA party dead and go home? Good luck with that. Declare that there should be no cuts to Medicare and that it's diseased, current organizational structure should not be reformed in any way? Good luck with that too.

You cannot wish these problems away, or demagogue them any longer. You cannot dig deeper into a failed ideology in the hopes of protecting it. The math simply isn't there for you. It will be interesting to see what you do, and potentially it will be a great source of humor for people like me. When people who consider themselves superior to everyone else, especially morally superior, fail miserably, it's hysterical.

well in my town, rotary is mostly left leaning (especially the friday lunch club that i was a member of) and kiwanis more to the right. i have friends in both. now bowlers, i'll grant are generally on the conservative side but they are evened out by windsurfers, neither of which are very plentiful locally. lots of the hikers on the appalachain trail are liberal. the bars, it just depends.

well in my town, rotary is mostly left leaning (especially the friday lunch club that i was a member of) and kiwanis more to the right. i have friends in both. now bowlers, i'll grant are generally on the conservative side but they are evened out by windsurfers, neither of which are very plentiful locally. lots of the hikers on the appalachain trail are liberal. the bars, it just depends.

So, you aren't denying it. I'm glad to hear you say "it depends". Perhaps there's hope for you after all. Now, let's apply the words "it depends" to a few scenarios, shall we?

What are the dependencies for keeping Medicare, and the current Medicare promises, intact without any reform? Right now, one of them is $46-9 trillion, sitting in the bank, collecting interest. :wallbash: Perhaps you can think of others? Like the sudden, magically delicious, ability of CMS employees to actually run these programs, whose scopes have proven to be untenable?

The proper identification of dependencies is a first step in process management. The next step is to remove as many as possible. What are your current dependencies when it comes to Medicare? How many of them could be removed instantly with no effect on your care process? How many of them exist for no purpose other than to provide a government employee or contractor with a job?

Are you telling us that you are dependent on Medicare to make you a better doctor, or your nurses better nurses? Or, is the opposite the case? What are you dependent on CMS for, other than money? If CMS didn't exist, would you still be able to get money from patients? Would you still be able to give good care?

Finally, if the TEA party has accurately identified the correct answers to these questions, which it appears they have, and has done it from the local bowling alley, what makes anyone think they are going away?