Here's my Training Camp Report and Photos from 8/16/2011

Mike32282

Sorry I haven't had one of these in a while. I've been busy. Hope you enjoy it!

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------

Tuesday was the 13th day of Buffalo Bills Training Camp. There are now only 2 open practices left at St. John Fisher College. The players came out on the field wearing full pads and there were several bigs hits for the day. As always, the team worked on their fundamentals in the individual drills, 7-on-7 passing drills, special teams work, and of course the full squad 11-on-11 drill. The defense was the big winner of the day as the offense looked out of sync and struggled badly at pass protection and run blocking.

The day started like any other, the players spend a good amount of time with their individual units and worked on their fundamentals. Following that drill, the players went over to Growney Stadium and worked one some special teams drills. They worked for quite a while on kick returns and several other drills.

After the horn sounded, the players came back over and did some 11-on-11 drills right away, focusing on running plays. Fred Jackson started it off and was stuffed at the line by Dwan Edwards and Nick Barnett. The team then went into the Wildcat formation and Brad Smith ran around the right tackle for 7-yards. On the next play, CJ Spiller ran up the middle and had a big hole by Eric Wood and Kraig Urbik that sprung him for 10-yards. However, he was promptly stuffed at the line on the next play. Johnny White came in with the backups and ran up the middle until he was met hard by Jon Corto. He then gained 3-yards on his second carry. Brad Smith came back in and ran up the middle in the Wildcat for 2 yards. Arthur Moats sniffed it out and tackled him quickly. On the next play, Tyler Thigpen had a sweet pass to Naaman Roosevelt for 35-yards and the touchdown. Brad Smith came back in with the 3rd team and threw to the right of Felton Huggins. Anthony Elzy got the ball next and ran up the middle for 2-yards. Following that, Bruce Hall ran around the left tackle for 3-yards. During that play, C Michael Switzer was blown up by Michael Jasper. Brad Smith finished the series off with a QB keeper for 8-yards and was tackled by Brad Jefferson who pushed him out of bounds and then the horn sounded to end the drill.... CLICK FOR MORE:

Thanks again, Mike! I'm really hoping the difficulties we're seeing out of the offense are more a function of how improved the defense is going to be. I guess that's all we can do -- hope.

Great report! Us of of towners love this stuff!

One quick question in this parts of your report who was Kyle Williams owning Levitre ,Rinehart, or Urbik?

Thanks!

Extra Points:

1. For some reason, Andy Levitre was working with the backups at LG, while Chad Rinehart worked with the starters in his spot. I can't see this lasting very long, unless he moves to right guard to replace Urbik. Kyle Williams owned him several times and then couldn't get anything going on the left side.

Great report! Us of of towners love this stuff!

One quick question in this parts of your report who was Kyle Williams owning Levitre ,Rinehart, or Urbik?

Thanks!

Extra Points:

1. For some reason, Andy Levitre was working with the backups at LG, while Chad Rinehart worked with the starters in his spot. I can't see this lasting very long, unless he moves to right guard to replace Urbik. Kyle Williams owned him several times and then couldn't get anything going on the left side.

Williams owned Rinehart.

Yours are about the only posts I read anymore. Thanks for giving us an idea of what is going on with this team. Too bad the paid media reps (so-called journalists) don't care enough (or know enough) to do the same.

Sounds like the offense is so dismal that we might just wind up with Luck, and that's about our only hope for ever winning again.

So that's actually kind of positive.

Thanks Michael. The Extra Points section and pics are top notch!

Thanks! Glad you like em! I wasn't sure about the Extra Points section, but it gets a lot of positive feedback. It works perfectly for me to give my opinion about some things.

wow. brad smith has me excited for the possibilities we can do with him. awesome write-up.

He has me excited too! Chan can do so much with him. I can't wait to see it!