Drive-By Posters

3rdnlng

Drive-by? Your car doesn't have an engine... :nana:

And the Bush tax cuts did what exactly? Oh crap! I think I just fell for his drive by...

Oh I don't know- just a booming economy and low unemployment. But I know that offends your Keynesian sensibilities.

Oh I don't know- just a booming economy and low unemployment. But I know that offends your Keynesian sensibilities.

What do they smoke in Elma? Dude, Bushjr and Obama have been the two worst presidents since WWII--Carter was better.

What do they smoke in Elma? Dude, Bushjr and Obama have been the two worst presidents since WWII--Carter was better.

You are right about Obama but Bush was a good president and I think as the years pass he's going to be considered a great president (sort of like how Truman rebounded) just not in the Washington/Lincoln/Reagan class.

You are right about Obama but Bush was a good president and I think as the years pass he's going to be considered a great president (sort of like how Truman rebounded) just not in the Washington/Lincoln/Reagan class.

I have no doubt the federal response to Katrina will cement that legacy.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=RO2xi0uLnj8

http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=Q7p-wHvuXk8

Where the !@#$ have you been?

Busy.

:lol:

And the Bush tax cuts did what exactly? Oh crap! I think I just fell for his drive by...

Everyone already knows "your" special ed brand of economics.

It's sort of an art....Some do it with brilliance others are Maybinesque

You, like DC, do in many cases at least dip deep down into the depths of the PPP toilet to offer some sort of explanation or justification of your views.

Did you just call Tom...Maybin? :lol:

And then back it up with the "press conference" answer that says "he tried hard while he was here, but he still sucks....f'ing Maybin, and I just want to put the league minimum of class into my statement and not totally barrage the guy, as I am contractually required".

I can tell you precisely what it has done, it has added a few tenths to our GDP growth and it has added a good bit to our national debt.

I can tell you precisely what it has done, it has added a few tenths to our GDP growth and it has added a good bit to our national debt.

You mean because the national debt wasn't going to get to this point without tax cuts? :lol:

At the end of the day, you know as well as I that the fundamentals of this are completely broken and that a huge correction from the falsehood of the 1990s global economy was inevitable.

A major overhaul of virtually every level of government is required and no one has the stomach to even take a baby step in that direction.

Nice bait and I would love to if right wingers could actually have a discussion about fiscal responsibility.

Most of my conservative friends have the hearts in the right place, but their answers to getting to where they want to go is fraught with religiosity or big corporate agendas that don't do the job. Cutting taxes is fine if done correctly, but just cutting taxes for the sake of it doesn't equate to fiscal conservatism and leads to more inflated deficits.

Nor as so many right wingers claim does it stimulate the economy, but rather shifts spending habits around based on their agenda and makes the situation worse.

I don't believe many liberals understand this either, the Federal and State governments are pinching the heck out of the middle class and despite the Corporate Tax rate being high, its effective rate with all the loopholes is actually low compared to the rest of the world. Simplifying the tax code but not flattening the rate it would work well and limit distortions as long as overall revenue stayed the same. If it increase the rates should drop accordingly and that would be stimulative.

Doing so, however is fraught with political danger. Various constituents that have their claws in both sides create many problems and despite the talk to the contrary, no one really has found the political will to do much about it.

Streamlining bureaucracies would be great. Clinton did a lot of that, and Bush II did just the opposite... Only recently have Obama begun doing so, but not at the rates the Clinton, Delay and Gingrich did. Clinton made sure it was done in a responsible way with targeted early retirement buyouts.

The other major issue with all of this is the cost of Medicare and the military. On the military, you can't just deactivate all these troops and expect them to find jobs, so the GI Bill is critical, but it costs and Medicare is important too especially now that the Wall Street Mavens have stolen a high percentage of the 401K money while claiming that pensions cost too much at the same time when CEO/CFO has skyrocketed. Investing in the stock market as so many Republicans claimed as the answer to reducing pensions has proved little consolation to lower and middle class retirement security needs.

In fact Social Security, I believe will become more important as Baby Boomers retire, towards maintaining the well being of our population. Raising the age limit may be one way to reducing the overall cost, but in this down economy when age discrimination is everywhere the political will to do so is suspect.

But go ahead with you non-sequitor accusations of racism as part of the fiscal conservative argument. That sounds more ideologically conservative and has nothing to do with fiscal discipline.

Part way through your comments I thought I might actually be able to have an intelligent conversation with you, but by the time I read all your comments, I knew better.

A major overhaul of virtually every level of government is required and no one has the stomach to even take a baby step in that direction.

Hah. The tea party was elected to do that, held their ground last month and are now celebrated by the Hedds of the world that people don't like their free lunches being taken away.

Hah. The tea party was elected to do that, held their ground last month and are now celebrated by the Hedds of the world that people don't like their free lunches being taken away.

My unicorn just farted a rainbow, I think I'm going for hope and change.

They just want to make sure other people don't get free lunch...just stay away from theirs!