Cedar Point amusement park - who's been?

JÂy RÛßeÒ

No WAY! Is this place still rockin'?? I went there as a kid back in the 70s when I lived in Ohio. Unreal!

Next thing you guys are going to tell me is that King's Dominion is still operating...

Dude, we have season passes, and my kids love it. Intimidator 305 is a great coaster, Volcano is awesome, and they still have all the great old wooden coaster.Other advantage is it is very affordable, somewhere around $50 for a season pass,30 minutes from the house so we get a lot of use out of it. Next two weeks are great for the place as there will be hardly any lines during the week.

Both my kids are coaster freak, so for Christams this year we are giving them a trip to Cedar Point early in June next year..I have never been but look forward to it.

I've been there numerous times as a kid and we were there 3 years ago. We stayed at the park, and while a bit pricey, i think it was definitely worth it. Its great having that extra hour in the morning. Everyone else has taken care of the ride reviews (if you like coasters, you'll love this park), so a bit on logistics. You'll need at least 2 days if you want to do everything, and you will. First thing, make a beeline for the back of the park (especially if you stay on property and have the extra hour), and hit the big stuff before it fills up. Some of the shows they have at the park are pretty good as well, and it lets you get out of the heat for a bit.

Secondly, things get very sketchy outside the park, which is why we stayed on property. If you're staying outside, perhaps look a bit further away, at some places maybe 20-30 mins away instead of right there.

Lastly, for my money, Millennium Force is the best overall coaster they've got there for thrills, speed, and length of ride. Disaster transport used to be awesome when i was a kid, but now its absolutely terrible. However, you have to do it so you can say you did every coaster.