Demetrius Bell

-cook-

He's done well enough and has progressed every year to reduce the amount of screams for a new LT. Right now everyone is hollering about a RT. He's worked hard and gotten better. Has the backing of the coaching staff (multiple coaching staffs no less). Still needs to improve and be a little more consistent for most people to be happy with him.

Not an all pro, but potentially a solid player.

Most of the debate has revolved around him as a player and his skills therein. Others on our team have been discussed more for their off field antics than on field play. That's a good sign. I'm rooting for the kid.

Definitely worthy of being on an NFL roster, so that's something. Whether he's a worthy starter is debatable. Athletic and solid in pass pro. Not strong enough to move people around in the run game.

This.

I'm tired of these finesse O-linemen, it's like the tampa 2 of offense. We need to get bigger and nastier and it better be next years draft. Nix said we need to get bigger and stronger on the o-line and it maybe time to get Colin Brown 6'7" 331 at RG since Urbick who although big hasn't been playing that way.

This.

I'm tired of these finesse O-linemen, it's like the tampa 2 of offense. We need to get bigger and nastier and it better be next years draft. Nix said we need to get bigger and stronger on the o-line and it maybe time to get Colin Brown 6'7" 331 at RG since Urbick who although big hasn't been playing that way.

they tried in FA to get someone, but no one wants to come to this ticking time bomb franchise all else (eg. $$) being equal. the whole thing blows up in one way or another when Ralph dies. I would not come to this franchise unless it was one of my last resorts (eg. Gailey, Florence, Stroud, Johnson, Urbik, Torbor, Davis). This is like Kevin Costner in Bull Durham.. a development squad like minor league baseball.... or someplace to just stay in or get back into the league. Sucks but it's true. They try hard and compete, but the Bills are the B team from a coaching/talent perspective and will be until long term stability is clearly established. I'm a 40 year fan, but to me it is clear that WNY and their bills are just kind of "hanging on", like their owner. Bengals are that way, Raiders, others.

they tried in FA to get someone, but no one wants to come to this ticking time bomb franchise all else (eg. $$) being equal. the whole thing blows up in one way or another when Ralph dies. I would not come to this franchise unless it was one of my last resorts (eg. Gailey, Florence, Stroud, Johnson, Urbik, Torbor, Davis). This is like Kevin Costner in Bull Durham.. a development squad like minor league baseball.... or someplace to just stay in or get back into the league. Sucks but it's true. They try hard and compete, but the Bills are the B team from a coaching/talent perspective and will be until long term stability is clearly established. I'm a 40 year fan, but to me it is clear that WNY and their bills are just kind of "hanging on", like their owner. Bengals are that way, Raiders, others.

I believe the OP asked us about their classmate, Demetrius Bell. :rolleyes:

I guess your point to them was it doesn't matter how Bell plays because the Bills are doomed, etc?

He's a decent LT when he's healthy. Has knee and shoulder issues but seems good to go this year. Athletic, long arms, probably a better pass blocker than run (as someone suggested earlier). Had the best game of anybody on the Oline for the short amount of time they were on the field against Chicago.

Bell is has proven himself capable of the position, nothing great but good enough for now with the potential for further improvement. The rest of the O-line is the real concern. Other than Wood, maybe Levitre (recently demoted), I don't know if any of these other guys could make another NFL roster, let alone start. In the case of Pears and Urbik, they actually couldn't hold an NFL roster spot until the Bills.

This.

Although in general, this idea makes sense...Our o-line isn't small. Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better at this position anyway. We've seen sub-average (to down right terrible) very big guys roll through our o-line in recent years. We've had guys like Mike Williams (biggest of all), Derrick Dockery, and Langston Walker (The best of the bad group). All very big guys, all leaving in disappointment. At 330lbs plus Urbik is big too, too bad he isn't good...We need TALENT more than anything.

If we get talent AND size, then we actually have a top level player...

Edited by Turbosrrgood