Merriman's day over

Lothar

Impossible to say, but Buscaglia from GR was saying he was just watching the practice on one knee with his helmet off. They aren't, for example, working on him in the locker room. Hopefully it's nothing. They're being ultra careful with him, which is smart. Gailey has said, repeatedly, that Merriman is on a specific timetable for September 11. They know what he can do, they know where he will play, they want to build up his strength but they aren't going to over work him and they will take great precautions with him so he's ready for the season. For example, they planned to play him approximately 10 plays against the Bears and the rest of the starters 15. He ended up playing nine after leaving the game with those two sacks, and the rest of the starters stayed in.

Impossible to say, but Buscaglia from GR was saying he was just watching the practice on one knee with his helmet off. They aren't, for example, working on him in the locker room. Hopefully it's nothing. They're being ultra careful with him, which is smart. Gailey has said, repeatedly, that Merriman is on a specific timetable for September 11. They know what he can do, they know where he will play, they want to build up his strength but they aren't going to over work him and they will take great precautions with him so he's ready for the season. For example, they planned to play him approximately 10 plays against the Bears and the rest of the starters 15. He ended up playing nine after leaving the game with those two sacks, and the rest of the starters stayed in.

At the first practice, I was going to say in the Shoutbox "Merriman down on the ground! Oh wait, he's tying his shoe." Didn't think that would go over too well. ;)

He's going to play about 7 games, get hurt and that will be it. the way he plays, no way he stays upright all season...

I wonder, when I read comments like this, which go out of their way to pick the most negative thoughts out of thin air, whether people who post such things are such a ray of sunshine in all aspects of their lives, or whether they just come to this message board to spread the gloom as a form of therapy. If the former is true, I am sorry for your family and friends. If the latter, I am sorry for us,