Bills Running Game

If we have any shot to make the playoffs I believe our running game will be key. I am talking about consistency, not the occasional 200 yard game but the steady 120 yards a game. Consistency means execution, but also commitment. That means Gailey will have to stay committed to running early and late in games. Obviously this all depends on staying in the game in the second half. That said it seemed far too often that the Bills abandoned the running game in tight games in the 4th quarter in 2010. Case in point was Kansas City where Fitz was in the spread and the ball slipped out. I liked the deception of the infamous "Stevie Drop" where the Johnson was lined up as the lone receiver in a run look set. Running the ball effectively means less turnovers, more possession and less wear and tear on your defense. From a red zone perspective when you can physically out-muscle your opponent it means easier touchdowns and higher short yardage conversion rates. I'd like to see the Bills leading scorer this year be a running back.

This all said:

What is your prediction on our average rushing yards per game? Who will be our red zone "closer"?

We don't have a closer, which is why I was hoping for LeRon McClain, but KC did the smart thing. We could have used McClain as a goaline/short yardage back and still kept C Mac.

I said earlier this year Freddie is a poor man's Marcus Allen with out the "hops". McClain would have been a nice bulldozer.

RB matters less than o-line, especially near the goal line. We're not going to run well if guys like Ubrik get pushed 5 yards into the backfield.

Exactly, with this o-line I wouldn't expect a consistent running game, especially on the right side of the line. Urbik has looked like he's out of his league, and Pears isn't exactly a mauler...

Edited by Turbosrrgood