The Fabulous Rick Perry

Meet Rick Perry!

The same day that he declared it an "injustice" that the poor and middle class don't pay enough in taxes, he took the crazy a step further said that Treasury would be...oh, just read it yourself :lol:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/perrys-criticism-of-money-printing-may-portend-more-political-pressure-for-fed/2011/08/16/gIQAhv7HJJ_story.html?hpid=z1

So anything that helps the economy before the election is really, really bad. GOP wants the country to suffer

Meet Rick Perry!

The same day that he declared it an "injustice" that the poor and middle class don't pay enough in taxes, he took the crazy a step further said that Treasury would be...oh, just read it yourself :lol:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/perrys-criticism-of-money-printing-may-portend-more-political-pressure-for-fed/2011/08/16/gIQAhv7HJJ_story.html?hpid=z1

So anything that helps the economy before the election is really, really bad. GOP wants the country to suffer

but he's god's man for president

Meet Rick Perry!

Of course, interest rates are so low that the Fed's only recourse is to put more dollars in circulation, increasing inflation, causing energy costs to rise, and thus adversely affecting the economy anyway. So while Perry may be a schmuch for so aggressively attacking the Fed...he ain't necessarily wrong in the broad sense. (Though I have my doubts that he understands any of that...more likely he backed into being right when he wasn't looking).

Whereas you...I have no doubt that you don't understand that, and when the Fed's inflationary policies hurt the economy even more, you'd be second in line (right behind ....lybob) complaining about the evil corporations gouging consumers.

Who isn't, here? :rolleyes:

:beer:

Of course, interest rates are so low that the Fed's only recourse is to put more dollars in circulation, increasing inflation, causing energy costs to rise, and thus adversely affecting the economy anyway. So while Perry may be a schmuch for so aggressively attacking the Fed...he ain't necessarily wrong in the broad sense. (Though I have my doubts that he understands any of that...more likely he backed into being right when he wasn't looking).

Whereas you...I have no doubt that you don't understand that, and when the Fed's inflationary policies hurt the economy even more, you'd be second in line (right behind ....lybob) complaining about the evil corporations gouging consumers.

:beer:

1. Dave wouldn't be second in line as not only am I first but I save 2nd 3rd and 4th for my elitist progressive cronies.

2. I applaud any attacks on the Fed even from Rick Perry - but I am disrespectful of him saying I'd be ugly in Texas cause those white shoe Ivy league elites ain't going to Texas so it's a hollow threat, now if he said me and the boys are grabbing pool cues and going to New York that be different.

3. You understand as well as I do that debasement of our currency is not a bad side effect of monetary policy but one of the goals of monetary policy to reduce the value of debt and to try to increase exports- they do not care that this hurts savers and people on fixed income- it's the tax increase you can't vote out of office.

4. If I was to as the Fed a question that they had to give an honest answer it would be- Do you understand that no matter how much Zero percent interest you loan or how many toxic assets you buy from the banks it's still not going to encourage them to loan in America and help main street when they can make more money else where.

Mr. Fabulous is the man to beat!

(And overall, Perry leads the Republican field at 29 percent. Ex-Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts is at 18 percent, and Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota gets 13 percent.)

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/2011/0816/Why-some-tea-partyers-are-skeptical-of-Rick-Perry

Is it time for our "non-partisan" people to start defending him yet?

Not only is 0 interest rates bad for savers and fixed income investors, but we have to realize that we consume much more than we produce, by having a 0 interest rate policy in order to boost exports (which indeed it does), it hurts consumers. Keeping in mind that we are a consumer nation, in my view it tilts the balance in the wrong direction based on the structure of our economy.

Mr. Fabulous is simply too irrestible to resist. Not only a Global Warming denier, but he says its all a conspiracy of Godless scientist! Evolutionists, no doubt.

He's in the lead by a healthy margin in two new polls:

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/08/perry-takes-the-lead-for-gop-nomination-in-two-national-polls.php?ref=fpb

Mr. Fabulous is simply too irrestible to resist. Not only a Global Warming denier, but he says its all a conspiracy of Godless scientist! Evolutionists, no doubt.

He's in the lead by a healthy margin in two new polls:

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/08/perry-takes-the-lead-for-gop-nomination-in-two-national-polls.php?ref=fpb

Mr Fabulous is a complete POS! Republicans should love him... schools open this week, here in Texas...4 billion dollars under budger, $185 a semester to have your kids bused to school... but no taxes on the rich! Rick-o's eduction ponzi shceme in full effect...but he sure talked tough to the president...what a POS! He is top of the Republican polls...the first Republican to reach 30%...scary times.

Edited by Buftex

Mr Fabulous is a complete POS! Republicans should love him... schools open this week, here in Texas...4 billion dollars under budger, $185 a semester to have your kids bused to school... but no taxes on the rich! Rick-o's eduction ponzi shceme in full effect...but he sure talked tough to the president...what a POS! He is top of the Republican polls...the first Republican to reach 30%...scary times.

I thought being under budget was a good thing. Doesn't sound like that would lend itself to any Ponzi Scheme. Is this some new economic theory?

I thought being under budget was a good thing. Doesn't sound like that would lend itself to any Ponzi Scheme. Is this some new economic theory?

No no no.

You obviously have never spent any time working for or with a government entity.

If you come in under budget this year, whatever amount under is removed from next years outlook. Then again if you overspend your budget this year, the overage is added to next years outlook.

So for the big government crowd, saving $4B from this years budget is actually cutting much needed spending for <insert favorite programmes> by $8B over 2 years. By cutting spending children will starve, grandma will die, trees will be cut down, and people who earn money get to keep more of it for their greedy selves.

No no no.

You obviously have never spent any time working for or with a government entity.

If you come in under budget this year, whatever amount under is removed from next years outlook. Then again if you overspend your budget this year, the overage is added to next years outlook.

So for the big government crowd, saving $4B from this years budget is actually cutting much needed spending for <insert favorite programmes> by $8B over 2 years. By cutting spending children will starve, grandma will die, trees will be cut down, and people who earn money get to keep more of it for their greedy selves.

I see why it is a Ponzi Scheme.

Perry would be a welcomed opponent by Obama, not even mentioning George W comparisons this guy will have a difficult time earning the key independent voters that are required to win a general election. The more we keep off Perry, the quicker he will beat out the GOP field! Let's keep our powder dry!

Oh...what??

Ok, I've seen lots of crap be "reported" in my day so I can't buy this without skepticism, but if this is true...wow!

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/politics/128413113.html

Gov. Rick Perry is being implicated in a plot where the state would have benefitted from life insurance policies bought on retired Texas teachers, particularly elderly ones.

According to a report on HuffingtonPost.com, "the Perry administration wanted to help Wall Street investors gamble on how long retired Texas teachers would live."

The report alleges that in exchange for helping Swiss bank UBS set up a business of teacher death speculation, the state could rake in hundreds of millions of dollars in just over a decade on the "dead peasant" policies.

Crony capitalism gone mad!