Give us Stinchcomb...

Here is my point of view. If we continue with the OL as it stands and there is no progress, we will see the same lack of holes and lack of time in the pocket. This actually hinders the development of the younger skill players like Spiller, Easley, Jones, White etc. I am advocating a (healthy) Stinchcomb as a temporary measure to hold the line together and allow the overall offense to develop. This will not mean that Pears will not see playing time. If Pears (in limited playing time) shows he is developing fast, then by all means have him start over Stinchcomb. But to say that we should spend yet another season as an audition and extended training camp is doing a disservice to the team and the fans.

Laughably inaccurate ? A middle of road RT is not better than what we have now ?

yes laughably innaccurate - comparing a middle of the road RT coming off injury to merriman, an all pro, coming off injury. one is a unique player potentially, and one is a dime a dozen. its a bad comparison.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes laughably innaccurate - comparing a middle of the road RT coming off injury to merriman, an all pro, coming off injury. one is a unique player potentially, and one is a dime a dozen. its a bad comparison.

JS also made the probowl and I realize that Merriman made three. Merriman exploded on the scene and had middling seasons due mostly to injury. JS was a late bloomer who then excelled but was sidelined by injury last season.

In any case, I was making a philosophical comparison in that both represented upgrades to positions of need for the Bills. But, I will agree to disagree with you.

he got drew hurt last year!

i agree hes an upgrade, but the post above you comparing it to merriman is laughably innaccurate as far as what to expect. if healthy he is middle of the road.

The Bills OT situation can only look up from the gutter and aspire to "middle of the road."

But if he is only a short term answer, why take away valuable in game learning/experience from guys they think may have the potential to be a long term solution? If he is close enough to 100% and he can be the long term answer, I'm all for bringing him in, if not, then why put off seeing what you currently have at being a SB contender.

First of all, you don't roll over into the fetal position like a B word before the season even starts. That is regardless of circumstance. If you want to take that attitude when we're 2-7 and the season is lost, that's fine. But week 1 in Arrowhead isn't about getting young kids experience, it's about !@#$ing WINNING.

Second of all, he'd be replacing Erik Pears. Pears isn't exactly a hot young prospect bursting with potential that just needs a little experience-- on the contrary, he's a stopgap vet himself. Just a stopgap vet that is incompetent.

Edited by Big Bad Boone

i don't see him being an option in Buffalo or many other teams for that matter given his health issues.

jw

John - I don't know the extent of his injury. Is it going to take more than a couple of months to come back from ? I would love to have a cheap option available even if it is later this season or even into next season

i don't see him being an option in Buffalo or many other teams for that matter given his health issues.

jw

Ah. That's the biggest key. I think he'd be a tremendous upgrade as our 3rd swing tackle (or starting RT) IF he's healthy. If he's not or likely a high risk of not being so, I agree we should pass.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-saints-stinchcomb

He would give us a proven starter from one of the best offenses in football. Keep Pears as depth, or at least have a competition. This fixes both our starting problem and depth problem...Yes he was injured last year, but is supposedly healthy now. I don't think Stinchcomb is our OT savior, but why not TRY to improve. At the very least we would have depth.

If Pears (Wow, we are relying on him?) or Bell get's hurt, we have no one that has shown the slightest bit of ability.

I know this just "another" OT post, but IMO he is a much more viable option than Mckinnie, Flozell, or the other "fat injured" guys..

absolutely!!!. I don't want to hear we need our young guys to develop crap from the FO. Unless they are superstars o-line man take years to develop and ours can do that in practice not on the game field getting Fitz killed and not opening holes in the run game. Unless the FO is to get that top pick our O-line needs some serious help.