This guy really likes his pizza

Just Jack

Stoughton native bringing 150 Town Spa pizzas back home to Mississippi

Read more: http://www.patriotledger.com/archive/x27447899/Stoughton-native-bringing-150-Town-Spa-pizzas-back-home-to-Mississippi#ixzz1V9fbVXuQ

But as children, they “just assumed that was everywhere,” he said. When the family moved to Mississippi in 1973, they found an area now populated with Pizza Hut and Domino’s franchises and the occasional local joint serving thick-crusted, under-cooked alternatives. “Pizza in Mississippi is horrible,” he said.

:thumbsup:

It was a big thing back then, too...pre-internet, so no one had ever ordered food from 400 miles away, much less shipped it. It took some working out between us to figure out the best way (i.e. safest, so we wouldn't die from the chicken going bad) to do it.

Nowadays...who'd think anything of it?

It was a big thing back then, too...pre-internet, so no one had ever ordered food from 400 miles away, much less shipped it. It took some working out between us to figure out the best way (i.e. safest, so we wouldn't die from the chicken going bad) to do it.

Nowadays...who'd think anything of it?

All hail DC Tom, the Christopher Columbus of long-distance fast-food!

OTOH, did it not occur to this guy that he could... you know... actually make pizza himself? It's really not that difficult to master.

Mighty Taco, anyone?

My brother does the Mighty Taco thing, every time he goes to Buffalo, from Georgia...fills up a cooler, dry ice, freezes them...I love Might too, but, I don't think it is quite as good as it was back in the day, when they were "head food", as opposed to trying to compete with Taco Bell. Still love them, but not the same as a great Buffalo pizza!

I had a bucket of wings Fed-Ex'd to me for Superbowl XXV.

A freind of mine, for my birthday, oredered a couple of pizzas and a bucket of wings, from La Nova for me, the year the Colts and Bears played in the Super Bowl. I will say, the pizza traveled pretty well...the wings weren't that great though. Not bad, just not the same as getting them in-house. Funny, about a year later, a local pizza chain (Conans), here in Austin, started touting their "real Buffalo wings". I ordered some, just for the hell of it...I will be damned, I go to the resteraunt to pick them up, and am reading the sign on the counter about their new wings...they were shipped form La Nova...only thing is, these idiots (I mean Texans) didn't offer them with hot sauce, only barbeque sauce...I told them to just give them to me plain, and I would make my own sauce...they weren't bad, if not a little expensive. They stopped carrying them within a year.