Paying Terrorists

3rdnlng

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was more talking about the "side with anybody" part. If the GOP jumped of a bridge, would you jump too?

It depends on the bridge. Now that I've answered your question, answer mine. Now that our government knows what the PA is doing with money we give them are we just as guilty as the PA if we continue giving them money?

It depends on the bridge. Now that I've answered your question, answer mine. Now that our government knows what the PA is doing with money we give them are we just as guilty as the PA if we continue giving them money?

Like most things, it's more complicated than you would like to make it out. I don't agree with the PA's stance on paying "terrorists". I personally don't think we should be giving money to Israel OR Palestine, but that's another complicated issue, so I assume you're not interested in that. Outside of your standard simplified rhetoric, it's difficult for a compassionate human being to not empathize somewhat with the plight of the Palestinian people. In my opinion, the Palestinian people have been systematically oppressed and beaten-down for years. Of course in 3rdnlng world, they are simply brown-skinned heathen Muslim terrorists who deserve whatever the get.

So the short answer to your question is that I don't support paying PA terrorists who commit crimes in Israel. I also don't support paying for Israeli weapons that are used against the Palestinian people.

Like most things, it's more complicated than you would like to make it out. I don't agree with the PA's stance on paying "terrorists". I personally don't think we should be giving money to Israel OR Palestine, but that's another complicated issue, so I assume you're not interested in that. Outside of your standard simplified rhetoric, it's difficult for a compassionate human being to not empathize somewhat with the plight of the Palestinian people. In my opinion, the Palestinian people have been systematically oppressed and beaten-down for years. Of course in 3rdnlng world, they are simply brown-skinned heathen Muslim terrorists who deserve whatever the get.

So the short answer to your question is that I don't support paying PA terrorists who commit crimes in Israel. I also don't support paying for Israeli weapons that are used against the Palestinian people.

So, if it was up to you would you cut off all funding to the PA?

So, if it was up to you would you cut off all funding to the PA?

If it were up to me we would not be paying funds to any foreign governments, especially with our economy the way it is.

However, I also believe that the above statement, though commonseneically correct, is probably a bad idea for more complicated, realistic and practical reasons. But then I rarely conclude that something is so just because it makes gut-level sense to me.

My world is not so brown and white.

If it were up to me we would not be paying funds to any foreign governments, especially with our economy the way it is.

However, I also believe that the above statement, though commonseneically correct, is probably a bad idea for more complicated, realistic and practical reasons. But then I rarely conclude that something is so just because it makes gut-level sense to me.

My world is not so brown and white.

Uh, what was your answer? Or is it just that you like the top board of the fence wedged up your azz? Why is it so hard to get an answer from you liberals? This is exactly what I was talking about in the Drive-By thread I started earlier today. Pinning you guys down to anything is like trying to pick up a greased pig. :wallbash:

The answer you MIGHT be looking for is that I don't think I'm qualified to make such a decision - I'd have to contemplate the consequences first. I know - what a wishy-washy flip-flopper!

This is probably a foreign idea to someone like yourself, but that's why we have Rush and Hannity.

Probably the part where you call the PA a "foreign government". He's talking about "terrorist organizations".

Well, everybody knows they're ALL terrorists over there and after all they get funds from the US and they pay prisoner terrorists based on how terrorifically evil they are.

It couldn't possibly be more brown and white.

Which part of that are you struggling with?

"However, I also believe that the above statement, though commonseneically correct, is probably a bad idea for more complicated, realistic and practical reasons. But then I rarely conclude that something is so just because it makes gut-level sense to me."

"My world is not so brown and white."

The answer you MIGHT be looking for is that I don't think I'm qualified to make such a decision - I'd have to contemplate the consequences first. I know - what a wishy-washy flip-flopper!

This is probably a foreign idea to someone like yourself, but that's why we have Rush and Hannity.

Well, everybody knows they're ALL terrorists over there and after all they get funds from the US and they pay prisoner terrorists based on how terrorifically evil they are.

It couldn't possibly be more brown and white.

It would appear as if you were trying to put words in my mouth. I've never said anything like that or implied it, but of course when you can't win an argument try to muddy the waters up. (See Drive-By OP for more complete explanation)

It would appear as if you were trying to put words in my mouth. I've never said anything like that or implied it, but of course when you can't win an argument try to muddy the waters up. (See Drive-By OP for more complete explanation)

No, that's exactly what you're saying. You say we should cut off all funding to the PA because they are paying money to prison terrorists. You fail to consider the that much of the money we give them may have positive political and humanitarian benefits, both for us and them. So in your simple world, you want to cut off all funding to an oppressed people because you just dully accept the notion that the money for terrorists spin makes the issue completely black and white.

No, that's exactly what you're saying. You say we should cut off all funding to the PA because they are paying money to prison terrorists. You fail to consider the that much of the money we give them may have positive political and humanitarian benefits, both for us and them. So in your simple world, you want to cut off all funding to an oppressed people because you just dully accept the notion that the money for terrorists spin makes the issue completely black and white.

Dull acceptance? In a Republican? That almost never happens!

So you guys have no problem with the way our funding is being used and will just happily go on your way, oblivious to the facts before you. I got ya.

Christ on pogo stick...you should now be made to go back and fully re-read this thread before commenting again. Or not. Carry on. :rolleyes:

Hamas and the PLO called and they agree with 3rdrate that the west should stop giving money to the PA, which is only fair considering "No Western financial assistance is given to the PA authorities in Gaza" where Hamas is in power- in fact it is a brilliant idea to stop funding Fatah altogether.

Christ on pogo stick...you should now be made to go back and fully re-read this thread before commenting again. Or not. Carry on. :rolleyes:

Oh I read the thread and your responses, I actually quoted one of your posts, hence my comment.