The block in the back called on Baker

Thailog80

What a bunch of sh--. Smith was annihilated and they said Baker shoved him into him? I couldnt believe it.

The second one was when they didnt reset the play clock for us and called the delay....then had the gall to reset it later on in a play for Cinci instead of calling the delay. :doh:

I think we got it back (and then some) when Takeo threw RudiJ on the ground when the ball was in the air, then took it to the house.  :doh:

167984[/snapback]

The ref's gave one back, when they called B'gals #40 (Madeiu Williams) for a block in the back on a Cincy return. The replay after the call showed Williams taking the hit, not giving it - unless it was something that occured previously.

It is perfectly legal behind the line.

I don't think it is if the ball is in the air and hasn't been tipped. If he'd have thrown him down before the ball left Kitna's hands, then I think it's perfectly legal. But once the forward pass is thrown, he becomes a receiver and it's hands off unless it's tipped.

Cya

I don't think it is if the ball is in the air and hasn't been tipped. If he'd have thrown him down before the ball left Kitna's hands, then I think it's perfectly legal. But once the forward pass is thrown, he becomes a receiver and it's hands off unless it's tipped.

Cya

168010[/snapback]

No, it's legal. I remember a similar play in the 90s where Talley did pretty much the same thing. One of the post-game articles says that it's legal behind the line as well.

EDIT:

Spikes admitted to pushing down Johnson, Kitna’s intended receiver ( “Rudi didn't feel me behind him”), and he could push because anything goes in the backfield.

http://www.bengals.com/press/news.asp?iCur...=0&news_id=2642

If someone wants to buy me the official NFL rulebook, I'll compensate them with all 8 Bills DVDs that I have... :devil:

CW