Another in an endless series...

Kelly the Dog

The special teams have been great, especially the punting teams. There has been nothing to see that would make one think that the PR team needed to be changed at all. Not sure who was replaced, but they insert a UFA TE/OT in the middle of the line on a team that has been playing great. The guy, never known to play DL as far as I know, busts through the line, blocks the kick with a big paw, gets up quick, races after the ball and (carefully) falls on it for a TD which busts the game open.

Sweet.

The special teams have been great, especially the punting teams. There has been nothing to see that would make one think that the PR team needed to be changed at all. Not sure who was replaced, but they insert a UFA TE/OT in the middle of the line on a team that has been playing great. The guy, never known to play DL as far as I know, busts through the line, blocks the kick with a big paw, gets up quick, races after the ball and (carefully) falls on it for a TD which busts the game open.

Sweet.

167929[/snapback]

Agreed. April talked about that during his PC. He said that when Peters was on the practice team, he played noseguard on the scout team punt block and Joe Dorenbaus couldnt block him...ever, even when double teamed. So he made a note that if Peters ever was activated, they would use him as a NG.

Good coaching indeed!

Agreed. April talked about that during his PC. He said that when Peters was on the practice team, he played noseguard on the scout team punt block and Joe Dorenbaus couldnt block him...ever, even when double teamed. So he made a note that if Peters ever was activated, they would use him as a NG.

Good coaching indeed!

167930[/snapback]

Thanks. That's great. Those are the little things that make a difference in the long run I think. They do anything that it takes to make the team a little better.

This was buried during last week's game(kinda like my post where I said I was thikning of you when Nate scooped up a fumble on the run:-) and falls along the same lines.

Cya

167950[/snapback]

I saw a big difference. On the first Nate play, which I complained about, I thought he just tried to make the spectacular play and didnt do the fundamental play by gathering it up first. The next game, there was another fumble to Nate which I thought he did the right thing, trying to pick it up. I didnt mean anyone should just fall on a ball and NOT try to make the play, only to make the good, smart play by securing it first. Moorman just grabbed the ball and tried to make a play after he rolled out. Peters took the time to get there and just smother it (granted, he had the time, but so did Nate). Of those four plays, two by Nate, I thought only one was bad and unnecessary.

I saw a big difference. On the first Nate play, which I complained about, I thought he just tried to make the spectacular play and didnt do the fundamental play by gathering it up first. The next game, there was another fumble to Nate which I thought he did the right thing, trying to pick it up. I didnt mean anyone should just fall on a ball and NOT try to make the play, only to make the good, smart play by securing it first. Moorman just grabbed the ball and tried to make a play after he rolled out. Peters took the time to get there and just smother it (granted, he had the time, but so did Nate). Of those four plays, two by Nate, I thought only one was bad and unnecessary.

Wasn't trying to rehash an old disagreement, just thought it was interesting that in the middle of a Bills game I was thikning about some guy I never met. :doh:

I wonder how long it is before we see Peters lining up at Nose Tackle?

You know, I laughed when I first read that.

Then all of the sudden I stopped............

Wasn't trying to rehash an old disagreement, just thought it was interesting that in the middle of a Bills game I was thikning about some guy I never met.  :doh:

You know, I laughed when I first read that.

Then all of the sudden I stopped............

167979[/snapback]

Well, dammit, fly out to San Diego for the first round away playoff game and we'll go drinking for three days and hopefully, see the game. :doh: