Goodbye Kelsay

rcatty

My God!! So many people are delusional. Do you think you have better vision than I do? I can watch Kelsey just like you and he is a miserable football player. His move is to allow himself to be pushed past the QB and out of the play especially on run plays. People that want to keep Kelsey must be the same who think this team can make the playoffs every year!

Kelsay was horrific last year. In the beginning of the season. Covering a TE? Are you freaking kidding me George Edwards? Then, towards the end, he actually made a few plays. I know, I couldn't believe it myself. I haven't watched the game yet, but I am still hoping it's his last year.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange that Kelsay has basically become a whipping boy for this team. He only played 7 plays yesterday and was fine. He wasn't outstanding but he wasn't tragic either. Chicago got 1 first down. He's not going to be cut since he's currently a starter. At worst, he might be replaced by someone like Batten by season's end and move to a backup role.

Forget about Kelsay. If Merriman can play like he did yesterday then the Bills D will be much improved.

I know you didn't mean it this way, but this reads like sarcasm to me. Three mediocre talents left the Bills recently…Evans, Posluzny, Whitner…with still a somewhat large contingent of supporters here. Now Kelsay? What is going on with you fans? Seriously, why are your standards so low? Why do you support such mediocre players? Don't you want the Bills to be good, get in the playoffs, win a superbowl?

my thoughts exactly

Can I add that they are in the process of getting rid of more players that were career losers.

dont worry Maybin, is next.

Strange that Kelsay has basically become a whipping boy for this team. He only played 7 plays yesterday and was fine. He wasn't outstanding but he wasn't tragic either. Chicago got 1 first down. He's not going to be cut since he's currently a starter. At worst, he might be replaced by someone like Batten by season's end and move to a backup role.

Forget about Kelsay. If Merriman can play like he did yesterday then the Bills D will be much improved.

Wow are you Kelsay people wrong!! Just flipped on the game to watch and if you ignored the first play in which he cost the team a TFL please FF to 1:50 in the 1st qtr. If you want to see tragic it's right there. The Bears run a version of power at Kelsay by motioning a TE toward the formation. Kelsay doesn't see the crack and gets completely collapsed down the line into DAREUS'S KNEES!!!!!!!!! Seriously people, open your freeking eyes, it's right there!! This is a routine play that's been run since Pop Warner. :wallbash:

That kind liability gets players hurt!!!!

Why do so many people here hate Kelsay? He isn't a great player, but he does work extremely hard and

give it everything he has. He doesn't get in trouble off the field and doesn't seem like an arrogant a**

, as far as I can tell without knowing him.

It seems like he ought to be well regarded by fans, but he sure is some folks' favorite whipping boy.

because lots of fans are this stupid:

As a defensive end he is awful. Playing outside linebacker he is worse. No speed, no power. I haven't seen him make a play since he has been here.

as a defensive end hes solid but unspectacular. as a rushing linebacker hes solid but unspectacular. as a coverage linebacker hes horrible, so they never ask him to do that anymore. hes a model citizen, consummate professional, and great example for younger players. and at 3.75m total actual compensation hes reasonably priced

these are actual facts. but lots of fans are natural born haters who simply must have a target for their hate. if they have any trouble finding one they will create one out of their own perceptions by never acknowledging good plays, forever remembering every bad one, and projecting bad into whats actually a routine situation for any player in the league. if brian urlacher cant catch up to make a tackle its oh no big deal, but if kelsay cant catch up to make a tackle its the end of the world

haters gotta hate. and dumb haters hate dumbly. simple as that

Wow are you Kelsay people wrong!! Just flipped on the game to watch and if you ignored the first play in which he cost the team a TFL please FF to 1:50 in the 1st qtr. If you want to see tragic it's right there. The Bears run a version of power at Kelsay by motioning a TE toward the formation. Kelsay doesn't see the crack and gets completely collapsed down the line into DAREUS'S KNEES!!!!!!!!! Seriously people, open your freeking eyes, it's right there!! This is a routine play that's been run since Pop Warner. :wallbash:

That kind liability gets players hurt!!!!

I don't know what you're talking about. 1:50 left in the first quarter was a kickoff return by the Bears followed by a Bears pass play. 1:50 into the first quarter, the Bills had the ball.

Sorry bud, just the opposite

Seriously, i hope you are being sarcastic. A Dlineman's main responsibility is eating up olineman, and having gap containment. Kelsay did that very well last night on running plays. The DE's number ONE responsibilty is never let the ball get outside you. Force everything back inside so LBs or safeties can make the tackle. That is football 101.

I don't know what you're talking about. 1:50 left in the first quarter was a kickoff return by the Bears followed by a Bears pass play. 1:50 into the first quarter, the Bills had the ball.

I'm looking at it right now. The clock says 1:50 in the 1st qtr. Kelsay inept play at the POA almost gets Dareus's knee snapped in half.

I'm looking at it right now. The clock says 1:50 in the 1st qtr. Kelsay inept play at the POA almost gets Dareus's knee snapped in half.

I see the play, I guess. Kelsay barely hits Dareus who doesn't even go down. The play results in a 3 yard loss for the Bears. Yes, a tragedy.

I see the play, I guess. Kelsay barely hits Dareus who doesn't even go down. The play results in a 3 yard loss for the Bears. Yes, a tragedy.

If you can watch a play where Kelsay gets completely blocked out of the play and washed out into another defenders kness 5 yards away from the play and be cool with it than I'm not sure what to say. You obviously are cluseless when it comes to knowing anything about the game. He has a job to do and is poor at doing it. The other defenders aren't always going to be there to cover his A**.

If you can watch a play where Kelsay gets completely blocked out of the play and washed out into another defenders kness 5 yards away from the play and be cool with it than I'm not sure what to say. You obviously are cluseless when it comes to knowing anything about the game. He has a job to do and is poor at doing it. The other defenders aren't always going to be there to cover his A**.

I guess your right. Me along with Chan Gailey, Buddy Nix, Dave Wannstedt and George Edwards obviously "are clueless when it comes to knowing anything about the game". You obviously know more.

Another internet "expert"... :rolleyes:

Edited by vincec

You're right, Kelsay is a stud who routinely is out of position as i've pointed out. You can bet that Kelsay is going to get his a** handed to him when they watch film today. But I'm glad you like watching the ineptitude. I've noticed that being a Bills fan will make you fall in love with mediore football players. You obviously fall into that category. :thumbsup:

Did you watch the first defensive play of the game? Reverse comes to Kelsay and where is he? Squeezing the play inside instead of keeping contain. Seriously, get some glasses.

That play would have went for 20 yards last year. Kelsay contained and did his job. It was a three yard play.

As a defensive end he is awful. Playing outside linebacker he is worse. No speed, no power. I haven't seen him make a play since he has been here.

Look.....I would like to be all pro at every position on the team as much as anybody else....but I hate when people troll with exaggerations.....

Kelsay HAS made plays while he has been here......to say he has never made a play is just stupid....he had a season where he had 8 sacks......he is not the worst DE in the league.....shows up to play every week....isnt a cancer in the locker room....and does what he is coached to do instead of glory hounding it trying to make a highlight play

That play would have went for 20 yards last year. Kelsay contained and did his job. It was a three yard play.

Kelly, I'm not trying to be combative here but you are wrong. Kelsay went inside and Hester ran right around him. Actually, Kelsay ws so out of positionthat the pulling guard didn't bother to block him and turned up field. I'm sitting here watching it again. If Kelsay is in the correct spot, Hester is turned up inside for a loss or Kelsay makes the TFL.

And who cares if it wasn't a big play. If Kelsay does his job the Bears are looking at 2nd and long not 2nd and 7. Advantage defense at that point because the offense has to pass and the D can tee off.

I dont agree with the popular thought that Kelsay cant play at a decent level but i dont believe that he is a starting caliber player esp at LB and after seeing the way Carrington shined at the position lastnite i believe that he should get alot more reps there and be given the chance to compete for that starting spot. if he beats out Kelsay like i think he can then one of 2 things can happen. you either cut Kelsay out rite and save the team some cash/cap or you ask him to restructure his contract to an amount thats acceptable for a back up player. i wouldn't mind seeing him take a pay cut and stay as a back up because of the fact that he is a high motor guy that never quits. but if he doesn't take a pay cut you say goodbye and use that extra cash to go out and extend some key players contracts like Fitz, Kyle Williams, and Stevie Johnsn. and maybe get some depth at OT

Why do so many people here hate Kelsay? He isn't a great player, but he does work extremely hard and

give it everything he has. He doesn't get in trouble off the field and doesn't seem like an arrogant a**

, as far as I can tell without knowing him.

You just described me. I think that's why people don't like him.

This is a clueless statement. He looked good last night. You obviously didn't watch the end of last year either. Yes he struggles in the open field and in coverage, but he is a decent DE and plays ok on the line (if last night was any indication he will be playing on the line more this year).

He's no all star, but he is unfortunately our best option on a team with no LB depth. Coleman and Batten were invisible last night against 2nd/3rd stringers.

Edited by Turbosrrgood